TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through February 24, 2011 users admin

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, November 22, 2010 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
Neil Patrick Harris has to be the best talk show guest ever. He made this show almost enjoyable today. I loved him talking about his twins.

That Leah woman? Notsomuch. She is so desperate for attention I almost feel sorry for her.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 22, 2010 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I forgot he was on today!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 17, 2011 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They had Paula Abdul on today and I just wanted to mention how true Sharon's statement was.

Sharon said that when American Idol first started, no one knew who Simon or Randy were. They only knew of Paula. She was the most famous of the 3 when it started.

Trini

07-06-2004

Monday, January 17, 2011 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
I keep missing this...I'll have to tie a string around my TV..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 17, 2011 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just record it every day and then decide.. I do that with several daytime shows and then delete liberally. But I've actually been enjoying the Talk. Oh and besides Paula Abdul, today had Shemar Moore too..

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, January 17, 2011 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
i really enjoy this show. I watch the View but it has gotten way to political for me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 21, 2011 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I loved their little discussion today about "Toppers, samers and downers" when it applies to having discussions with people. I am so often the topper and samer, and I actually try to stop it in its tracks when I realize it, but I'm not always successful in recognizing when I do until later. I don't think I'm ever the downer, but I sure know a few! LOL

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Friday, January 28, 2011 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
I am loving this show. The View is coming off my DVR and being replaced by this. The girls seem to really like one another.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, January 28, 2011 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I enjoy watching this too. Such different women and yet they all mesh somehow. I found I am liking Leah more than I thought I would!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, January 28, 2011 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Wednesday Holly and Leah were trying to talk over each other. I don't know if it was an act / for fun or for real. There was nothing cute, funny, or entertaining about it. I do NOT need that noise in my ears. I turned it off. From now on, if there's something interesting in the TiVo synopsis of the show, I'll record the show and FF through everything else.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love that Sharon took the whole crew to Ozzy's concert (Julie had a previous engagement at a CBS BOD meeting.. bet she was jealous) and it was Leah's mom's birthday and I was cracking up at her antics on stage and finally Ozzy doused her with water to get her off stage.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I can't believe I just sat through the whole Justin Bieber show...LOL I figured I would give it a few minutes, and then I realized the credits were rolling and I had watched the whole thing. He really does seem like a sweet kid.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Beiber was on the Talk? Did he mention a North America tour? :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Brenda, he wasn't just on "The Talk" today, he was the whole show today...LOL If he mentioned tour dates, I didn't hear it. The thing they mentioned several times was his movie that's in theatres now.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Did he sing? Sorry I missed this. DD would have loved to watch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No singing except for a couple video clips. It was all fun and games and talking. I think he must have hugged 50 tweens. They surprised Justin by letting him meet his fav hockey star Wayne Gretzky, and Justin was so excited he didn't know what to say. His jaw fell to to the ground.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There seems to be a lot of negativity out there, possibly because he has achieved a lot of fame and fortune very quickly at a very young age but he truly seems like a nice kid with considerable talent and drive.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm watching now and he is quite impressive.. pretty much as Sharon Osbourne had described him from when Justin and Ozzy and Sharon did that Best Buy commercial for the Super Bowl.

He seems quite grounded and articulate and able to think on the fly. Very diplomatic too.

New haircut is great..

Cute moment on the show.. when asked if any girl had ever turned him down for a date and he said yes.. they showed little girls in the audience just looking gobsmacked.. cute.

And Sharon announced that Best Buy has donated the futuristic outfits he and Ozzy wore in the commercial and they will be auctioned off for Sharon's colon cancer charity. I'd love to see the Ozzy fans outbid for his outfit, but don't think it is likely.

Still watching and enjoying.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I'm embarrassed to ask like it's probably common knowledge....

What has been going around about Bieber that is negative?

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Naja, I was wondering the same thing. I'm not a huge fan of Bieber's, but all I've ever heard is what a nice guy he is.

I do sometimes wonder if it's in his best interest as far as longevity goes for him, to be so exposed right now. He seems to be on every show and just everywhere.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh it's nothing at all that he has done. It's more negative or spiteful comments on fan pages. There was also a bit of a deliberate campaign to rate his movie low on IMDB and that was by people who had no intention of seeing it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 23, 2011 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well with one movie out but in two versions and a book and of course his music, he's out and about.

He says he takes one day off a week to kick back, sleep, not work..

What does he fear losing most: family.

He's very loyal to Canada and recently was told in customs that if he would get a US passport it would be easier but he says no way.

That negative crap seems to be omnipresent on the internet.. no matter what is reported on anyone, if people can comment, many will trash someone or spam or whatever.

Starr

07-09-2005

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Starr a private message Print Post    
I think a lot of the negativity surrounding Bieber is more directed towards his fans. For example, when he lost a grammy a week or two ago, his fans went on the winner's wikipedia site and trashed the young girl. They posted things like she should go die in a hole, etc... awful and hurtful things. Justin himself handled it very well, congratulating her, hugging the girl and doing little interviews with her, complimenting her music and even her hair (LOL)

When Justin said he had a crush on Kim Kardashian, his fans started sending her death threats via twitter... IMO, its his fans that are negative. Justin seems very well grounded and mature for his young age of 17.

Justin was fun on the Talk yesterday. I enjoyed all except his quick exit. He was up and off the set before the credits were done rolling! Guess he's a busy guy and had places to be.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
He was on Ellen too.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, February 24, 2011 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I watched tday as Chelsea Handler was a guest. I know very little about the woman except I've heard of her show. But I was struck by her sheer meaness! She loves to trash people and even dug at her parents because they didnt get her good stuff as a child. Also said they had no plan for her life--a bank account for college--I'm guessing they had no money and were not being that way to be mean!
She struck me as the kind of person who loves to dish it out but cant take it. The audience seem to love her comments, but probably not so much, if they were directed personally at them!