TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 09, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 09, 2011 users admin

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 4:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I love this show, too. It's not predictable. There are some very smarmy characters and some you aren't quite sure of their intentions. The show unfolds a little and then it throws a twist in the works. Christine Beranski's character Diane Lockhart comes to mind. The audience never quite knows her true intent.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I've always loved Christine Baranski, ever since her days on Sybil Sheppard's show. Right before Christmas, I was flipping thru the channels and came across the Grinch movie with Jim Carrey. She played his "love interest," as a Who of course. I asked DH if he recognized her and it took him a minute, but he did. Hilarious!

I think Alicia's relationship with her hubby is complicated. He was a schmuck, but they have two kids and I think she's trying to hang in there for his campaign. And I've said it before, how can she kick him to the curb (although he certainly deserves it) and still be "The Good Wife"?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Since I saw her for the first time in the movie Mamma Mia I can't stop seeing her dancing like that and can't quite see her in a 'lawyer's role... but in fact she's quite a good actress... when she gives you 'that' look... (slanted eyes).

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Alan Cummings was on Regis & Kelly today. He was speaking with his Scottish brogue for sure. Also talked a little about a coming storyline for his character. I hadn't heard anything about it before so spoiler box.

Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Love interest for him. Doesn't seem like that kind of character? To be played by America Ferrera?! Pretty sure I heard that right.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Missed this last night because we had no power, but luckily they had it online. CBS is usually pretty bad about putting entire episodes on, so I was really happy to see they had this one. I hate they way all the groups running for office think that the kids are fair game. It's one thing for the parents to be in the spotlight. At least they made that choice. But the kids had no say and yet they're still subject to intense scrutiny, or flat-out lies.

Julianna Margulies just gets better and better. She can say more in just her facial expressions than most people can with words.
I was kind of surprised that she would welcome him back to the bedroom so quickly. Even though I like Chris Noth, I think that their relationship story is one of the weaker parts of the show.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I got a big kick out of Eli putting Becca in her place.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, February 02, 2011 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Ophiliasgrandma, I liked the stunned look on Becca face too, but I am sure we haven't seen the last of her.
I am glad Alisha left the bedroom door open, what has it been, a couple of years now. If you are going to stay together, you might as well stay together.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Sooo, I'm probably coming really late to this party, but it just dawned on me that if Peter wins the election he will be going up against Alicia in major court cases. (Derrr Gurlie!)

I'm I the only one that is suuuuuppppeeerrr slllooowwww on the uptake? I scare myself sometimes.

So, to make next season interesting, Peter will likely win the election sometime in May.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Well, if you are slow, so am I. I never even thought of that. Interesting!!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, February 03, 2011 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Sort of reminds me of this Tracy - Hepburn movie...Adam's Rib:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041090/

Spunky

10-07-2001

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
This last show was a reminder of the title of the series ... "The Good Wife", her husband wants her back in the same bed... oh well, "Good Wife"??? maybe yes, maybe not. I think Alicia is right to refuse him, just the title of the show is wrong.

Again, I love the intrigue, the guesswork, the battle of wits... heck, among lawyers we should see a lot of it.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Spunky, you keep posting that the title of the show is wrong, may I ask why you think she is not a good wife?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think the title refers to the concept of staying in a very troubled marriage and sacrificing for the husband who needs that presumed good wife at "his side".

Scout

01-19-2005

Friday, February 04, 2011 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I would have thought with the name, "The Good Wife", that Alicia and her husband's relationship would be the main focus of the series. I'm very glad that it's mostly about her and the law firm. It's so much more interesting. I just don't feel any chemistry between them, and maybe it has been awhile, but I haven't seen anything that has happened that has really drawn them together, or any reason that Alicia would feel she still needed or wanted to be there for him.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, they do have two children together. Maybe she's hanging in there for them. And also she doesn't want to destroy his political career. But she does have her own life and her own career. She's a strong, smart woman.

I thought the ending of the last episode was ambiguous. Yes, she left the door open, but we don't know what happened for sure. I thought it was kind of telling that he said, "I love you," and her answer was, "I know." Ouch.

They may not have much chemistry together at the moment, but they do have two children and close to 20 years' history together. It's a complicated relationship. Marriage is almost always complicated.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Saturday, February 05, 2011 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The show got it's name from the book it's based on. Although I never read it, I can assume that they've moved away from the original theme of the show. I believe what the title of the book implied was that, as Seamonkey says above, she stood by him when he was being tried. She was "the good wife" at his side like when Eliot Sptizer's wife stood by him at the podium and when Hilary Clinton stood by Bill during his presidency. Yes, the title probably is a bit off now, but what can they do? It's like Cougartown. It's just a change in the direction of the television show.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Monday, February 07, 2011 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
ouch, but the door should be open I have been having problem DVR it for some reason. I think I would like to see Alicia with Will for a little while then Alicia go with Diana & her new firm.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 2:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I think the open door had TONS to do with how he handled the threat to HER kids. The Good Wife rewards the man who takes care of her kids.

Or....Just the simple act of him doing something that was not about him and his election made her realize who she married and why.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
THEIR kids, but I do agree with the rest of it and I don't want to see her cheapen herself by having a fling with Will unless she officially splits with her husband. Then the title is wrong. LOL
Isn't Will and Diane now working together to get rid of the other partner since he is working against them? She isn't going to open her own firm, right?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
thanks for the comments on the title, then it's not just me who feels that way.

It has a nice ring to it and I'm sure it got lots of viewers in the beginning hoping for a 'good chemistry' between the 'good wife' and her unfaithful husband, but none of this shows up so far. Let's hope tonight's show has more 'intrigue' not 'marital' but among all those smart laywers and expecially those two investigators.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love this show. I don't care what the title is. DH loves a good courtroom drama, and that's why we stick with this. The characters and the writing on this show are stellar.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I like this show and don't really care what the title is either.
This show, Harry's Law and Blue Bloods, I like all three of them. Oops, and the Mentalist. :-)

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Awesome show last night! The keystroke recorder...put there by the third partner...yikes! I looks like his world is going to crumble. I hope he doesn't see it coming. That guy needs to go.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope his world DOES crumble..

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, February 09, 2011 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I didn't like him from the start.
Too smooth and too clever.