TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : ARCHIVES: Archive through January 20, 2011 users admin

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 9:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Gurlie...Teacher of the year was my fav line!! Luke stepped up his acting last nite...shows how good you can get being around a bunch of greatly timed comedic actors

Dogdoc, that actress will always be the 'Can you spare a square' Seinfeld actress to me LOL

Brian2204

09-14-2004

Friday, January 07, 2011 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brian2204 a private message Print Post    
Jamie Gertz....the speeding lady

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 07, 2011 - 4:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jamie Gertz, thanks Brian

Ok, I have fallen for this show.

One thing I like is that you can immediately sort out the families. ( and just in case you can't they pose them in the beginning.)

The little boy was on Ellen yesterday. He was cute. That was the first time I had watched Ellen.

Tom Selleck was on Ellen too. sigh

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, January 07, 2011 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I think the casting of Manny for this show is perfect. That actor IS Manny in real life.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 07, 2011 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
For me she always makes me remember Lost Boys...and Less Than Zero.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Friday, January 07, 2011 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
I remember Jamie as a mean girl from Square Pegs with Sarah Jessica Parker.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 07, 2011 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Love Gloria riding the bike and that Manny was a natural at it!

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, January 07, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I liked Jamie Gertz when she was on that show Still Standing.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, January 08, 2011 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Loved the show as always! I really like how Luke's character changed a bit in the last episode.

It took me forever to place Jamie Gertz. (Still Standing. I never watched Square Pegs.)

Scout

01-19-2005

Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Agree, it was a great episode.
"don't look at me with those coyote eyes. I'm not one of your canines..."

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, January 09, 2011 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
A cousin of mine has never seen the show?! So I surprise gifted her with season 1 DVDs. I think she'll like it. Am anxious to hear what she has to say. I truly can't imagine anyone not liking it. I'm not a comedy person. Give me DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA. I LOVE this show. Really look forward to it every week as much as any of my favorite dramas.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Watched it tonight with my kids...awkward!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
the ending with the lock sounds made me truly LOL

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I watched it with my 13 year old and I thought it was hilarious. Gloria "It sended" just cracked me up...she looked so sad! Claire and Phil locking themselves in their room...the kids with those fake smiles plastered on their faces while their parents talked to them...just a really great episode. Actually thought for once that the Cam/Mitchell storyline was not nearly as good as usual...but it was okay because the other storyline more than made up for it!

Oh, and Gloria and her cupcakes and Phil "I need to sit down"!!!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
"Please come back.."

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Dumb question: I missed most of the show - did Gloria really accidentally send a photo? How? I know she must have sent something but wasn't sure if it was a picture. Thanks!

Phil needing to sit down really cracked me up.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No, she sent an email that Jay typed for her where she actually told Claire how she felt about her controlling ways in regards to the bake sale that they were supposed to be organizing. She never meant to send it...but it "sended."

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Roxip!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It is definitely worth another viewing if you have the opportunity. I keep rememnbering things...their kids sitting there with those fake smiles plastered on their faces and nodding their heads...realizing that it was a good thing that their parents still enjoyed one another's company...and then that lock that backfired on them!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Phil: Forgive me for thinking your zesty performance deserves some praise!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I watched this episode twice in a row last night. This show just gets funnier and funnier.

You guys pointed out most of my favourite parts but here are a few more:

When Claire shot Phil the death look,"You're kidding right? We just got caught and your still thinking of that?!!" (Or something to that affect.)

When they blamed Amelia's son for spilling the juice and were asked to help pin him down for the shot.

Mitchell at the shwarma place,"They know my name!"

At the end once they thought it was a nude picture of Gloria and Claire came over to the computer with Phil right behind her (lol) then Gloria asked what she was doing and she said,"Deleting it." And Phil said,"Oh,ok you do that." all deflated looking. lol HE has had a crush on Gloria since this show started, cracks me right up.Then right after Phil says to Claire," I am 80% sure you're hitting on me...<death look from Claire> ok, maybe 40%...." bwah hahahahah LOL

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It was too funny.

Yes, Phil definitely thinks Gloria is hot...he was hilarious when he thought Gloria was hitting on them...and then the nude picture...the man was having a heck of a morning!

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
This show probably has more laugh out loud lines than any other sitcom. It's so cleverly written.

Yankee_in_ca

07-31-2000

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
I love love love this show. Though I can't stop staring at Julie Bowen's protruding collarbones

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Mamie, that line killed me!!! zesty!!! hahahahaa When Bill comes home in March Im going to tell him how zesty his performance is!