TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Hawaii Five-O: Archive through January 24, 2011 users admin

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Kono graduated the academy in the first few episodes of the season and joined Five-Oh straightaway. I don't remember her being part of HPD proper at all, not even in the last few episodes. I think she would have to take a pay cut.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Wowprincess, McGarret put Wofat in prison in the original Hawaii 50, Wofat had a file in his shoe though, it was a cliff hanger. That is why I said they need to get their own story lines. I didn't think Kono ever joined HPD either

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info, folks.

Okay, so let me get this straight - this 31 year old McGarrett IS currently the head of Five-Oh?

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Yup, the governor of Hawaii, Jean Smart, contacted him personally to take the job.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
There was no Five-O until McGarrett's father died. McGarrett was a Navy lieutenant, not a cop, and the governor set up Five-O and put him in charge (with immunity) to go after the guys who killed his father, letting him choose whoever he wanted to be on his team.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
And McGarrett used to play football in Hawaii, the team saw some old game footage and noticed he had #50 on his jersey (wrong for a quarterback). He said it was in honor of Hawaii being the 50th state, and THAT is how their unit got their name. So we get all these little tidbits in the first 5 episodes to set the "history". "Dano" is what Steve's daughter would call him before she could properly pronounce "Daddy".

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think some people are talking about the original Hawaii Five O and some people are talking about the remake. If there is any confusion, I think that might be where it is coming from. JMO

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yep, Lazylu, the last three posts before yours now have me totally confused.

I am somewhat clear on OG's post being the current show because she never saw the original.

Okay, so what exactly is this new 50? In the old show, I always thought it was just the Hawaii State Police, and McGarrett was the head, and it made sense that he was older because he would have come up through the ranks to be chief.

Is the new McGarrett's father the old McGarrett who put Wo Fat in prison? And Wo Fat somehow got out and killed Steve McGarrett? And this new kid is avenging his father's death with some sort of special unit called 50? And he was named after his father?

And if this is a totally different storyline, why even call it Hawaii 50 and why use the same names as the old characters at all? It is just to drive us old farts crazy, right? It is working very well.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Juju - the two shows are not tied together at all. Characters might be the same, but that's it - no cross over.

The first scene of the first show is basically showing McGarrett's Dad being murdered. His Dad is just a regular HPD officer. McGarret is Military and has the guys brother and the bad guy wants to trade basically.

The vehicle that McGarret is in with the guys brother is jumped and the brother ends up dead in the cross fire. When the bad guy figures out his brother is dead, he shoots McGarrets Dad while McGarret listens on the end of the line.

After the funeral, the Governor of Hawaii approaches McGarret about leading a new task force (at this point it's not called Five-Oh) and the first case can be tracking down his Dad's killer. He's been given full immunity by the Governor. He is the head of Five-Oh, and got to create his own team.

The name Five-Oh came like Kona said above.

As far as Kono - I was certain that a few episodes back she was actually sworn into HPD. They made big deal, cause she had to leave to go to Graduation and when she got back to Headquarters they remaining three were all dressed up to salute her!

While Five-Oh is NOT HPD, they are tied to some extent, because Dano was actually working on HPD when McGarret found him and brought him on board.

PS - All my comments are about the new Five-Oh, I never watched to original either.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Juju, it is a whole new ballgame or half a new ballgame. LOL Us oldies need to forget about the old Hawaii 5-0, other wise we are just going to go nuts.
Last remark: there is no way the original McGarret would have let Dano talk to him the way Dano does to the new McGarret.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Sunday, January 23, 2011 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
I enjoy the banter between this series' Steve and Danno.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 1:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Wowprincess, that scene you're referring to about Kono happened about episode 1 or 2. But she never joined HPD, she joined Five-Oh.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
As to the old Five-O, this is what I tell my DH all the time about this and that of no great importance: Used to be's don't count any more.

And, Wow, good job at setting the stage for the newbees.

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    

quote:

"Used to be's don't count any more."

They just lay on the floor ...

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, so where did the $10 million that they took from the evidence room for Chin Ho's ransom, come from last night so that it isn't missing anymore???

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Lexie that's the $10 million question...LOL!

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I'm wondering if the governor is covering for them.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL.. Scoot.

Merrysea, that's what I'm thinking.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Whoa - did I miss an episode??!?!

Edit: Just to clarify, I know that McGarret took the $10M from the evidence locker, but then it went up in smoke and he never told the Governor that he took it.

So, was there a new episode last night, or just previews for tonights show?

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes this weeks episode was on last night...but if IRC it may be on again tonight.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing...about the governor covering for them. I hate this time of year...they mess up all the television lineups! And you should be here in Dallas...SUPER BOWL THIS...SUPER BOWL THAT...SBSBSBSBSB...I MAY GO CRAZY! How long until this overinflated excuse for commercials is over?

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I was thinking whoever put the money into the evidence locker wrote down that there was 28 million, but there was really 38 million and he/she planned on getting into the vault and stealing 10 million and no one would be the wiser that 10 million of the original money was gone, but they didn't get a chance to do it. Now that was a very long sentence! lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ohhhhh Lazy... now that's a thought!!!!

(And congratulations on the extremely long sentence).

Alliet

07-11-2005

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
Why did they show H50 last night instead of tonight? I wouldn't have known if it wasn't for the fact that the DVR picking it up BUT there was some football crap on and it ran over so the first 15 mins were used up with that and I can't be bothered to waste my time watching an episode when there isn't going to be an ending. Wonder how long it takes In Demand to put up a new episode.

Is this a permanent change in scheduling?

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Alliet my PVR picked up on it too but it was labeled as a 'repeat'. I recorded it anyway because it didn't sound familiar to me. Haven't watched it yet. Anyway, to answer your question, according to my PVR it's back to Monday, new episode in 2 weeks.