TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 24, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 24, 2011 users admin

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That makes sense, jealous younger sister

Becca is not the younger sister, Sheilaree. Grace is the younger sister. Becca is the EVIL one (jealous ex-girlfriend).

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 14, 2010 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
New one tonight. (Most watching Biggest Loser?) It was a good one. Tension. In some ways a cliche. Can the save a man on death row right before his execution . . . down to the last minute? But the ins and outs of it tonight were different.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
This one was about her thinking on the fly. First phone call came when she was only first awake and worried about her husband and a debate.

And in the end, she had to be the one to answer the real question...is he innocent?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
What I loved about this was it that it was all about Alicia and her job while her husband's political aspirations were just in the background the entire time.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It was a good show last night.
I think some young man now has a crush on Kalinda.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Just watched and the word is INTENSE! Loved it, but had to take a couple of times to decompress.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Every time Zach would answer the door for Kalinda, DH and I would crack up. Such an obvious crush!

It was kind of funny how everyone kept having to come thru Alicia's bedroom to use the bathroom. Can't anybody fix that other toilet? Can't they at least afford to call a plumber???

Really well written show, as always.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Another quality show this week...and not a thing about her ongoing family drama...with the exception that grandma thinks the daughter is gay.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think they need to keep Owen around. I like the interaction between he and Alicia as brother and sister.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The title "The Good Wife" is no longer appropriate, in my opinion, but they're stuck with it... why didn't they just call it "the good lawyer'.

What I like about the series is the 'inside' intrigue, lawyer against lawyer, but I can't decide who's the villain lawyer here...

I loved the grandma's take on gays... and to me she was making sense!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What I like about the series is the 'inside' intrigue, lawyer against lawyer, but I can't decide who's the villain lawyer here...

True. I'm still confused pretty much as to who are the good guys and the bad guys when it comes to the lawyers. Yet it's not enough to put me off the show. Scenes about Alicia's and other characters' lives fit seamlessly into the show.

Whole show is very good.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I think neither Will nor Diane are bad people. I'm sure they will get the problems between them ironed out...eventually. However, I like them shoulder to shoulder the best rather than adversaries.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think Alicia is still the "Good Wife"
I too hope Diane and Will work things out.
Kerry (is that his name?) is such a sleaze, but probably a good lawyer for whoever he works for.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 13, 2011 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I loved the grandma's take on gays... and to me she was making sense!"

The grandmther made absolutely no sense to me. I knew I was "different" from an early age and by the time I was 12 I figured out what that difference was...that I liked boys and not girls....even though I had never even heard of the term "gay" or homosexual" nor had I ever met anyone that was gay at that time.

I had no more "choice" in the matter than someone who is left handed.

A lot of people like to believe being gay is a "choice" because, if it was a "choice" (just for the sake of argument), then they could argue that if gay people don't like all the persecution and discrimination and ant-gay legislation and taunts and violence, then they should just "choose to stop being gay". It simply does not work that way.

We are what we are, not what that grandma wants us to be. She just doesn't understand the issue because she grew up in a time when such things were kept hidden out of fear of reprisal and rejection.

I did like the fact that she expressed her feelings to a gay man that actually understood (from personal experience) that she was wrong in her assumption and made it a point to set her straight, so to speak.

Just my ....

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, January 14, 2011 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Loved the interaction between Grandma and Owen. Thought it was hilarious when Grandma answered the door wearing the African headdress!

I guess I misunderstood what Grandma was saying, SFJF, cause I thought she was saying that "wouldn't it be great if people could choose." I know it's not a choice but the way people are born, but I was encouraged to just see them talking to each other. I love Owen. Hope he hangs around for a while. They may have brought him in to fill in for Chris Noth who apparently is in a Broadway show. Anybody notice if he's still in the credits? I hope he's coming back, otherwise they'll have to change the name of the show!

Alib

07-15-2000

Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alib a private message Print Post    
As my son who is gay says, if it was a matter of choice do you think anyone would choose to live a life where you are bullied, made fun of and even beaten up?

Catfat

02-27-2002

Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Well said, Sanfran.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
As my son who is gay says, if it was a matter of choice do you think anyone would choose to live a life where you are bullied, made fun of and even beaten up?

Of course, Alib! You'd think those people who think it's a "lifestyle choice" might understand that!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I am so glad that Will and Diane have teamed up against that other partner. I can't wait to see when he get his.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Ophiliasgrandma, I agree and when they kick him out I hope he takes Kalinda's "supervisor" with him. Glad she got her raise.

Scout

01-19-2005

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I'm glad, too. I like Will and Diane together. And I wouldn't mind having Carey back on their team, also.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Me, too! Was glad to see Kalinda get her raise AND her membership to the country club. That was funny! I love the direction this show is going!

Also loved that Eli finally figured out how to put Grandma in her place! That was great. Good to see Chris Noth back. I was worried we were losing him.

Scout

01-19-2005

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom - I, too, loved how Eli finally learned how to deal with Grandma. I'm also happy about Kalinda. With everything she does to practically solve these cases, I can't believe they wouldn't pay her any amount she asked. Especially after paying Mr. Microbursts that insane amount.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
The friction!! That's what I was starting to like about the show, lawyer against lawyer, see which wit is better... but heck, they've got plenty of enemies from other law firms and they should at least stay loyal to their own... oh well, for a while it was interesting to watch. Finally Alicia showed some "gumption"...

Maris

03-27-2002

Monday, January 24, 2011 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
Love Kalinda.

Still dont understand why Mr. Big hasnt been kicked to the curb by Alicia.