TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 20, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 20, 2011 users admin

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, December 17, 2010 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Well it looks like her temporary status has changed because I just read this on Wikipedia:

" Deadline reported that Nichols has been promoted to a series regular on CBS' Criminal Minds."

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Darn, I don't like her and she adds nothing to the show.

Holly

07-21-2001

Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
What a stupid move, to get rid of a very well liked cast member and then add a flub! Grrrr...

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Reckon they think blondes is blondes ...

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Rachel Nichols ain't no flub. She adds plenty to the show. The immediate fan reaction will be negative because she will be perceived as JJ's replacement...

...But I don't buy that. JJ wasn't a profiler, and Ashley is. Ms. Nichols did well on Alias and in the movie G.I. Joe.

I miss A.J. Cook tremendously, and I still hate that she's not on the show anymore, but I can't hate on new characters because of that. I hope the majority of the fans give her a chance.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The part that bothers me is that they said they had to cut JJ/AJ because of costs, so it seems like they were fibbing if they then hire the new person. She has a background that would earn her some fans, so it's not like she's likely to be much cheaper to the series than AJ was. That's what bugs me. Not her fault I know, but still, it'll take me a while to not grumble about it ;).

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, December 22, 2010 - 12:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I see your point, Kitt. I think she is probably cheaper that AJ, but I also think Paget will be limited the rest of the season. At least, that's what I read. They might be trading two characters, JJ and Emily, for one, Ashley. Only time will tell.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 4:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
ashley was not a profiler.

indeed we saw her doing regular obstacle course with the rest of the ordinary joes.

JJ was the media and public liason. I have a sick feeling that the producers HAVE replaced one blonde with a new blonde....and the average joe public wont care if she plays a love interest with one of the single men.

i noticed in early seasons of CI, JJ was flirty with men and sometimes used this to get info or deals with media. Later she was married then a new mom, this limited her growth as a character IMHO

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Isn't Forrest Whitacker going to be in the spinoff? Any chance the new actress is going there too? That would tally with earlier stories that Paget would be gone soon and Kirsten would be the only woman left.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, December 23, 2010 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I don't know if Ashley is technically a profiler, but she used her insights to profile the killer in her debut episode. She's not a media liasion, so if she's not being trained as a profiler, there's really no place for her on the team.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, December 27, 2010 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I would rather TPTB replace one blonde with another than to cancel the whole series because of outrageous salaries and production costs, i.e. Without a Trace. Without a Trace was consistently in the Top 20, yet it was canceled because it was "too expensive." I can live with another blonde on the show if it cuts costs and keeps CM on the air.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, December 27, 2010 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl, I never looked at it that way, but I believe you are right. I liked Without a Trace and was sorry to see it end. I wonder if Cold Case had that problem, it was one of my favorite shows. I was sorry to see it end too. Don't want Criminal Minds to end.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I loved Without a Trace, and I didn't even realize Cold Case ended too! I'm with Lexie on this as well!

our ION tv station plays both CM and Without a Trace a lot!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
Loving the marathon today! I'm not a Shemar fan, but I love the relationship he and Garcia have.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I totally watched the marathon on NYE!! Up until I went over my sis's house for festivities.

I finally saw the episode last night on ION tv where Haley is killed - saddest ever!!!

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 11:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I know, Panda. Jack "working the case". I was bawling!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one that did NOT love the show last night?

BTW, nice touch having the new blonde pull her hair back in a ponytail to make her look like J.J.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Not sure what the point is for the blond gal....

My 14 year old son and I watched...or should I say we hid our faces behind a pillow a lot of the time. Too gorey for us! Not sure I got a good sense of characters in this episode. Not a strong show last night.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I didn't love the show - I almost couldn't follow it at one point. I am worried for Spencer!

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
oh gosh i have it dvr'd...now i'm scared lol

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Panda, I was having a hard time following it too (if you are talking about the same thing I'm talking about).

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Scoot, it's not scary - just gorey. And as you can tell from Panda's and my posts, a tad confusing.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Well if my eyes are closed, I'm going to have a hard time following it too :-)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I'm embarrassed to say I didn't have my eyes closed and still got confused.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i missed the episode and you guys have me curious now