TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 06, 2011

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : ARCHIVES: Archive through January 06, 2011 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Never seen that, might give it a go if it's so recommended! Ta!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oohh sorry, I wasnt referring to the Middle...I think that is the 8pm show, there is another one (with lady from 70s show) that is on at 830 that is pretty funny.

Dylan and I only decided to start watching it cuz our dvr would always show the last couple mins of that show before starting Mod Family and we would always crack up

The Middle was ok but I dont watch it. Its a little too depressing...they are a poor family and down on their luck...at least in the few eps we saw...just not my kind of comedy

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Is it something called "Better With You?" I hadn't even heard of that one, but it looks like that's what's at 8.30 Wednesdays in the coming weeks.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Better With You is the only other ABC comedy on Wednesdays. That one is totally under my radar.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes, thats it!! It is funny! I find it funnier than Cougar town....whats funny is that my son 15 yrs old loves Cougar! LOL

Bandit

07-29-2001

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bandit a private message Print Post    
I like BWY, but I really like The Middle! It's my second favorite after MF.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, December 31, 2010 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really enjoy The Middle too. I have BWY on in between The Middle and Modern Family but really don't pay too much attention.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, January 01, 2011 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I really like The Middle too...and Modern Family. Don't watch the others.

Closetfanfour

07-11-2009

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Closetfanfour a private message Print Post    
Modern Family is the best show on TV right now!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, January 04, 2011 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Love it! (and love The Middle too!)

(Pamy, maybe you want to give The Middle another chance. You and I sometimes have the same taste in shows. I don't feel they are really down on their luck. It's more about the family dynamics and esp. about the kids: teen moods, quirky 9 year old stuff etc. and all very funny. (and I think the more comedy you have in your life right now, the better :-)))

One thing I really appreciate about Mod. Fam (and the Middle) is the lack of sex, sex talk, etc. that is found in so many of the other sitcoms on tv now. My 2 youngest (14 and 16) like How I Met Your Mother, an 8 PM (!) show (I think) and it's all about casual sex all the time it seems. The network show really should switch it to a late time slot, imo. (I know I could put my foot down and forbid them to watch such things, as I used to when they were younger, but I prefer to use it as teaching moments, which they are sick of hearing.)

Sorry for getting off on that tangent. Anyway, I really appreciate the writers for Mod. Fam. (and The Middle) for writing family friendly tv.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Happy, ya sold me! We do like many of the same shows so I shall give it another try :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't call them necessarily down on their luck...I would say more "regular" people, struggling to raise a family on dual paychecks - especially teenagers who tend to become exponentially more expensive with each passing day. Of course Axle doesn't require much clothing...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jay to Gloria, "No reason you should stay upright. It just works."

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, January 05, 2011 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
My favorite moment tonight was when Claire realized whose car she was in. The look on her face was hysterical!

Great episode all around tonight!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 6:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree!!!

Better with you was hysterical last night also. I so relate to how they got into bed LOL

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I watched the first episode of Better With You, then watched last night for the first time since then. I was pleasantly surprised. Laughed most of the way through it. The sister's husband kind of reminds me of the fiance on Rules of Engagement...just kinda dopey.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
BUT, this is a Modern Family thread....so,

LOVED IT! Laughed the entire half-hour and had to keep going back and rewinding it to catch what I missed. "Teacher of the year!"

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
The training wheels were a riot!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I was laughing really hard during the fight in the Princess Castle!! The little boy with the water blaster teaching Gloria to ride the bike was a riot, too. I Love This Show!!!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
When Cam was in the play Castle with the hot homeless guy fighting, I nearly died laughing as their heads kept popping to a window to say something to Mitch. Especially the window of the hot guy as it made it look like he had long hair like a princess. lol

Cam to Mitch,"I don't have time to give you a play by play now, just call the police!!!" LOL

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Yes, Mizi that was so funny! Especially in the castle, thinking back to the episode when it was built. didn't Mitchel get stuck in there?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...yes, he locked himself in somehow.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Had to look up who played the homeless guy -- James Marsden.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
OMG, this show needs to be an hour long because it is the best thing going and the writers are brilliant! Cam and Mitch's dialogue when Cam was going out to the hot tub was priceless and all of Cam's facial expressions are hilarious. I would love to have neighbors like them.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 06, 2011 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
It was nice to see the actress from Still Standing playing the speeding driver.