TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 18, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 18, 2010 users admin

Ladyw

06-28-2007

Friday, August 13, 2010 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladyw a private message Print Post    
HAHA that spoof was great -- I just posted it on my facebook wall!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, September 02, 2010 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Gosh, I'm dumb. I clicked on the link Sanfranjoshfan posted, expecting to see a cartoon like the picture Kitt had posted, and was kinda confused for a good 5-10 seconds there!

CIA agents on Torchwood? I don't get the warmest fuzzies from that but maybe they'll be okay. Then again, I don't have Starz so I ought not be judging.

Kitt: It's been a hoot-and-a-half (was it Sheldon who said that? why has that phrase been on my mind?) having Red Dwarf on again. I've missed a couple episodes here and there but I gotta say, I look forward to seeing the show since there's been so much bad news this summer.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Calamity it's been ages since I've watched them. They are on instant play on Netflix now so I might watch them again sometime!

Here's a Doctor Who Christmas Special promo. Teaser/spoiler warnings apply of course!

http://blastr.com/2010/09/very-first-footage-from-t.php

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Looks like the BBC has some good shows on tap! There were at least a few I'd definitely like to see. And I was really excited by the description of the DW Christmas special (and all 4 seconds or so of it in the promo video).

The PBS station is now showing the Red Dwarf episodes where the crew was resurrected. Turns out I still don't care for those. It's hard to believe it's the same series as the earlier and far superior seasons. I don't have Netflix but sometimes think about it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
You know the writers for RD are listed as "Grant Naylor?" That's actually two people, Rob Grant and Doug Naylor, and somewhere in the later series, maybe 6(?), Grant leaves and the writing is just Naylor. You can really tell, that's all I'm going to say!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
You sure can!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A couple more tiny teasers about Dr Who, and some general spoilerishy stuff in the text here:

http://blastr.com/2010/10/two-new-doctor-who-teaser.php

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the link, Kitt.

I only saw a few minutes of it but the Director-General and Editor-in-Chief of the BBC was on Charlie Rose's last show. He mentioned something about them wanting to bring additional satellite channels to the U.S..

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Last night instead of a regular Red Dwarf episode, the station aired a behind-the-scenes show about the making of the RD mini-series. Tonight, the first part airs so I'm actually going to get to see it. I'd figured I never would. The actors did look older, of course, but not too old. Actually, the actor who plays Cat may have looked better than he did in the episodes where the crew was resurrected.

They did show a clip of Lister teary-eyed as he crouched over what looked like a memorial or possibly a gravestone for Kochaniski. I gasped a little because I thought that might have meant something happened to the actress but I looked her up and she's still alive. Whew.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Friday, October 15, 2010 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
George looks like a young Henry Morgan.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0604702/

Rissa

03-19-2006

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Anyone interested in a good laugh?

Comic Relief with David Tennant and Catherine Tate

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
Thanks so much for that link, Rissa - I am saving that YT to my favorites! I laughed so hard but then couldn't quite explain what I was laughing at to everyone at work!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
A little bit of news on Torchwood:

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/crash-star-arlene-tur-boards-torchwood-as-search-for-two-new-regulars-intensifies/

One of the female stars (not a lead though) has signed on. They're still looking for the main people to go with Jack and Gwen.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, November 19, 2010 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Finally the Doctor Who Christmas Special is going to be shown here on....Christmas Day!!

Here's the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98x9FwsqzHQ

Calamity

10-18-2001

Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 12:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Oh man, I'll have to remember to tape it. I saw a commercial for it on BBCA sometime in the last week or so, think it was the same as that trailer. Thanks for the info!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Craig Ferguson's Amazing 'Doctor Who' Intro Arrives Online (Finally!)
MTV
December 2, 2010

Matt Smith & Craig Ferguson

"Tonight's show is about a man who's not really a man. He's a doctor but he's not really a doctor. Like Dr. Phil...but AWESOME!"

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That all looks a bit... peculiar!!!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
You didn't like it? It totally cracked me up. Maybe you have to be a geek & nerd who's both a Doctor Who and Craig Ferguson fan to appreciate it (and recognize the Dalek, the bunny hand puppet, Secretariat, etc.), lol.

The triumph of intellect and romance over brute force and cynicism!

That's also why I tend to like DW better than TW, lol.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Peculiar in a good way!!

Sarasmile

02-09-2007

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sarasmile a private message Print Post    
That was hilarious, Calamity! I never get to stay up late enough to watch Craig Ferguson, but I have seen some of his shows and always liked him. Poor Matt looked cold and kind of 12 years old, LOL!
The doctor doesn't die just regenerates!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
"The alligator speaks the truth", Sarasmile!

Kitt: When they were showing Red Dwarf earlier this year, I realized that was Craig Ferguson playing Lister's Confidence. I had either forgotten that or never recognized him before.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Indeed it was :-). In space, no one can hear you cha cha cha.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, December 17, 2010 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Christmas silliness from Matt Smith and Karen Gillian (video in the link). I don't recommend listening with the volume up too high!

http://blastr.com/2010/12/doctor-whos-cast-want-to.php

Also read recently that Bill Pullman is going to be a regular in the next Torchwood, and Mekhi Phifer is in it but I don't think recurring.

(And for Calamity, I "spoke" to Robert Llewelyn, the one who plays Kryten, the other day!! Well, not really spoke, he twittered something and I posted a (mildly) witty reply, to which he immediately sent a teasing reply directly back to me! It was quite exciting!)

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, December 17, 2010 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
:-)

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, December 18, 2010 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
exterminate