TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 17, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 17, 2010 users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 3:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i meant ON THE SHOW not in real life peoples. Argghhh

of course you can call your daughters Baby girl. You are their parents and in a position of Dominance.

I think Dominance is a better word then subservient. That is not the best description of my thought.

They do that Sickening icky flirty firty crap on the phone even when it is On company time. Sorry, but it is definitely Morgan as the person who TELLS penelope what to do. and he WAS the Boss.

So i've changed my mind. It IS subservient and done in relation to the positions/jobs.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it was very Hitchcockian.

Friend

05-21-2008

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
I knew you meant on the show, Sunshyne4u. I could only relate what my experience has been with the term in real life.

That said, I respectfully disagree with you that he says it to her to show dominance over her. To me, it is used as an affectionate term. But we can agree to disagree and still enjoy the show.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
It's a term of endearment, and I have no problem with it either.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
late to the discussion....Been calling my daughter 'baby girl' since she was a baby girl.(25 now) and still call her that...

And I find it very hot when Shemar calls her baby girl...he could call me that anytime...Id have no problem with it what so ever...

I love this show, the last one was very hitchcok-ish... but the one befor that gave me nightmares.. sometimes these shows can really bother me with the horrific details...

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am definitely not saying baby girl to my daughter as a way of dominating her! LOL

i got tickled today, i noticed one of our admission's counselors calling someone 'baby girl' last week; today i noticed he calls all the women that! LOL

i don't think morgan does it as a way of dominating Penelope at all. i think it's simply affection.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
At the job I had before, I worked with an attorney who called everyone "baby girl." It was strictly a term of endearment. I'm 13 years older than her, and she'd say "come on baby girl, let's go get some sushi." I never found it to be the least bit demeaning or dominating. She just wanted to go get sushi.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I am not calling Kassie "baby girl," as a way of dominating her. In fact, I exist solely to satisfy HER needs! (And yes, Annie, she IS my child!)

And oh, yeah, Shemar can call ME baby girl any time, day or night, and any place (including a dark alley)!!!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Move over Costa, I'll be in that dark alley with you! He is one fine man!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I was walking out the door a couple of hours ago, and cracked myself up. As I walked out, I called back to Kassie "Be good baby girl, mom will be back soon!" And then I realized what I called her!!! LOL!

Auntie, you'll have to wait your turn, though! And I might just take my time with him! <snicker>

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Costa, he's a big boy....I'm sure there will enough to around. He could probably handle both of us.......<snickers back at ya>

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
LOL Auntie!!! True, that!

This week's show had a happy ending (more or less). For once it wasn't quite so dark (except when the scenes were in the dark in the woods).

Friend

05-21-2008

Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Costacat, this time they let all the really dark stuff go on in our heads.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 11:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
This is a dark show, and it makes me feel a lot better when one ends happy.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I don't understand, they get rid of JJ only to put another blond on the show? Does anyone know if she is going to be a permanent regular? She's throwing off the balance of the team for me. I'm not liking her presence there, I prefer JJ.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Ditto Ahnicka. I wonder if they will get a new brunette when they replace Prentiss too.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
If the reason they got rid of JJ was because of finances then I'm really baffled. Is she now permanent? I thought she was there only to help with 1 case which concluded last week. Within the storyline, what reason did they give for her to still be at the BAU?

Gidget

07-28-2002

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Prentiss wanted to see her get a second chance because although she screwed up she did hold it together.

I really can't see the FBI making someone with her background an agent. A consultant perhaps but agent never. FBI use to be really particular about their recruiting. Maybe that has changed

Gidget

07-28-2002

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 10:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
On the subject of "baby girl", I like Garcia and Morgan's relationship even if it is a bit over the top. I think the Garcia character is really supposed to be quirky but we see so little of her outside her computer that we don't know her well enough. Her apartment when she was shot was kind of a revelation about her level of quirkiness. Also I think she talked about living off the grid for a time.

But back the to "baby girl". I have slight hearing problems and for the first few years after she joined the team, I thought Morgan was calling Prentiss - Princess. Now that did seem a bit condescending to me. Glad I eventually figured it out!

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, December 15, 2010 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info Gidget! I hope they ship her back to the academy or desk job she came from by next week's show. I'm over her. I didn't even like it when they had Garcia doing JJ's job of presenting or showcasing the team their next cases.

Not making light of your slight hearing difficulties, but you thinking Morgan was calling Prentiss "Princess" made me chuckle. I guess that's not too hard to believe since he calls Garcia "baby girl."

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Finally, an episode that left me in tears for all the right reasons!!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 16, 2010 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I didn't realize JJ had been written out of the show. I had learned to like JJ.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, December 17, 2010 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
I find it creepy that the new girl looks so similar to JJ.

I dont think she has any place on the BAU team. Even she admitted last week that she had NO idea her dad was doing anything.

so how is she an expert on anything? she is like a new grad or something. Either way, i'm starting to think she is just a T & A addition / maybe a future love interest.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, December 17, 2010 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I thought her father committed the murders when she was a young child. Obviously, when she was a young child, she couldn't put the pieces together.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, December 17, 2010 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was while she was a child, but now based on what Sunshyne said I'm wondering if it went on into her adulthood. I don't recall.

I just read somewhere that she's slated for 3 episodes; so 2 down and 1 more to go. I can't wait for her to leave, but I hope they haven't or don't decide to add her in for more shows. The article I read is kind of old, it was dated Sept. 29, 2010.