TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 12, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 12, 2010 users admin

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Forgot about that. Further misled real reason for apartment being trashed.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
He is good, he is just not likeable like Kalinda.
At least I like Kalinda.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
The investigator's true colors are coming out. I can't wait until he's dumped from the show.

I couldn't blame the massage therapist for giving up. I'm not too sure I'd care to have my past held up to scrutiny.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
They probably won't dump him, need him for the story lines like that nasty little weasel attorney that use to work for them.
I don't blame the MT for giving up either. Even if you didn't have anything really bad in your past,who would want it all put out there for everyone to see.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 5:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Still waiting to find out the truth about Kalinda's past. Hope it is something major.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I like the idea of 'infiltrators', that merger to me still sounds suspicious, and the new guys may play double roles, who knows? The unscrupulous investigator competing against Kalinda could be the guy who 'doesn't belong' and could be found out by Kalinda herself and will need to discover the motive. One law firm against another, and the smarter one survives. They almost played this way on this last episode, one rival law firm badly wanted to pick up the case and why? They should have investigated the "why"... oh well..

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DH and I both thought this past episode was really well written and interesting. It was kind of a behind the scenes look at what goes on before they ever get to court. I think this happens all the time (not just Gore). Powerful people squash "little people" who try to stand up to them. It's why so many women don't report sexual assault, cause they get crucified in court. We thought it was a great episode.

I like the new partner! Can't remember his name, but I do think he's good looking. I don't like the new investigator, but I do like the tension between him and Kalinda (LOVE Kalinda). Kalinda steals every scene she's in. You can't look at anyone else but her, she's so good. She really did deserve that Emmy.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom, I totally agree with everything you said. I didn't even connect Gore to the story line. My opinion is that this is the best written show on TV, at least among the shows that I watch.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Lazylu! I think you're my new BFF.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Babyhaxmom, OK!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Babyhaxmom?!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Brings whole new meaning to your moniker. LOL!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Oh dear, I didn't catch that. "H" is close to "J" LOL Sorry! It could have been worse, a "g" for the "x"

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
No worries! I often fall prey to the fumble fingers.

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I think copy & paste the name is the answer to my fumble fingers.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Awesome performance by Michael J. Fox last night!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yup. I told DH, "There's another Emmy nomination for Michael." How many does he have now? 10 or 15??? Have loved him since Family Ties. Poor Michael's starting to show his age, though. His body's been thru a lot for his age.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I recorded it when I heard MJF would be on. I've never watched the show. Is there any background info I need prior to watching? Love MJF and thrilled when I get to see him again.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Background about MJF's character? No. First time regular characters have come in contact with him. IIRC, they knew nothing about him, but learned quickly.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
No, background on the show. ISn't the MJF character temporary and new?
Just wondering if there's anythng I should know about the show, Julianne M's character, etc.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oh wow, Brenda...so much background. The Good Wife is the wife of the State Attorney General who was sent to prison. He was set up regarding his illegal acts (I think) and his nemisis took over his job. He also had an affair with pics all over the internet that the children saw and kept from their Mom. Supposedly the pics were photoshopped, but the husband did have an affair.

Julianne had to get a job and she gets one at the Law Firm where she knows one of the lawyers.
She was vying for a Jr. Position; got it and the other guy vying went to work for the State Dept, so he's kind of against their law firm now. Her husband got out of jail, but meanwhile, she thought about having an affair with the guy she works with (I think they used to date..right everyone?)

Last year ended with her torn between the two. She has made her husband sleep in a separate bedroom since his release from jail and at the end of last year decided she was going to be with the lawyer; however, he said something stupid, called back to say..yes he was ready for her, but it was intercepted by her huband's political hack. Oh..did I say her husband is running for office again?

Then there is Kalinda....fact finder extraordianaire. Whenever anything is needed to defend a client, Kalinda gets what they need in very unconventional ways. However, this year, there's a male Kalinda and he's rather dirty. I still don't know which lawyer he's working for. He's seems to be doing underhanded work for two of them. He and Kalinda do a dance of power, so-to-speak.

It's a very good show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Thanks Cricket!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The only other thing that might be relevant is that Peter and Alicia have two teenagers, Grace and Zach, and Grace is featured in this episode.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
actually Will Gardner (the man Alicia Flores works for) is her college sweetheart. He couldn't commit then, and that was her problem with him in the decision at the end of last season. She is the type of person who wants a "plan". Although in her heart he's her first big love.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Quick clarification: The other guy vying went to work for the State's Attorney General, not the State Department. State department is a federal government job in DC. He works for the nemesis noted in the first paragraph of Cricket's synopsis.