TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 28, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 28, 2010 users admin

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Lycan, I started to ask you if you missed the news then saw you read it. You heard right. Those fools, for reasons I can't fathom, let 2 out of the 3 female leads go. Fans went nuts, there was a huge petition (I even signed it). I think it's over 50 thousand sigs now.

Paget got one more year out of it. I'm pretty sure I read that AJ is just there to finish out her character. I didn't read about her returning for guest spots unless something changed. I hope it did, but not so sure.

I don't get why shows do this. They have a team w/GREAT chemistry, awesome ratings and they think they can save a few bucks by destroying what makes the show a success. SIGH.

Clearly it comes down to the almighty buck, but given it's a huge hit I have a hard time believing they couldn't have worked something out, esp since this cast seems VERY close and other members were beyond devestated at the move.

I'm NOT happy bout this! (Just like I'm not happy that I wanted to be out the door right now, but realized I was so tired my eyes were closing and maybe driving wasn't the smartest move, but I digress).

BTW ITA there was something off/creepy bout that daughter. I liked the Dad too btw. Why in the world wasn't he wearing a vest? Creepy daughter seemed to really connect w/Derek so maybe something will focus on that??

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 4:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'd read about the changes, but hoped the write in campaign, one of which I signed, would change their minds. At least it partially worked. Are they going to replace AJ Cook, or just go without her position on the team being filled?

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
According to the episode, Hotch said they are not filling her position.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 1:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
plus lets face it, the writing last season was NOT up to its usual standards.

i had noticed that some of the characters were acting ' out of character ' in a few episodes but that happens often in Long standing series. its like the actors demand more complexity to their roles.

i like the idea of changing out some of the lessor roles. In a real job they dont keep a high stress team together for too long as new blood often helps keep things less emotional.

This "family" routine makes it too easy for the group to fall apart if someone is killed/ wounded.

i used to work with a detective and i'm pretty sure she said that they could only work together for two years at a time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have a question regarding last week's episode. Did they mention why the old man had quit killing all those years before he started "hunting" again?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
At the end of the episode, Mullins said he stopped because of Rossi. I would guess he started again because of Alzheimers.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, thanks Lycan. I guess he forgot about Rossi when he developed Alzheimer's.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Rossi said that he put so much public pressure on the unsub that he wouldn't have been able to accomplish his kills any further without being identified or caught. It was no longer an issue of public pressure many years later and also like you said, because he had Alzheimer's causing him to forget many things.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
it was a great example of the poor writing from this last season.

A man who is so driven to torture and kill women that he even did his OWN wife and got his son to help, that Man would not stop just because he was questioned by Rossi.

that scenario suggests that the compulsion to sexually torture was completely controllable. What??!!

I also wasnt comfortable with the mildmannered shy appearing son being the one who Actively started up the Hunting again. According to forensic evidence they both were torturing stabbing but the boy was already a man. IF THEY werent hunting for all these years wouldnt he have had a series of girlfriends and Maybe even his Own family??

It didnt make sense.

IF a detail was added to the plotline LIKE the father continued to torture and kill animals instead of people, then I could have gone along with the flimsy premise.

I'm very disappointed in this last season and this season is starting to get silly too. I hope the writing gets better.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Quick question - who is this child "Ellie" that Morgan has been getting text messages from the last couple of weeks?

Friend

05-21-2008

Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
Lexie, it was the little girl we thought had that awfully strange expression a couple weeks back in the episode with Tim Curry.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, that's who I thought it was but I wasn't sure. Thanks Friend.

Friend

05-21-2008

Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Friend a private message Print Post    
Anytime, Lexie.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
and.... creepy ellie was back. stealing Lying kid manipulated her way to Morgan. I would have ripped her a new one. Where does a kid think its alright to steal?

i dont know but that kid has something wrong with her. the way she was with Tim Curry struck me as she almost was enjoying it. I dont know if they were directing her to behave like that but I wonder if this character will pop back up in another twist.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 5:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
ITA! I don't know if she enjoyed it but she certainly seemed fascinated with what Tim Curry was trying to teach her. She is one creepy little girl. The wig they have her wearing adds to the creepiness factor.
That was a very quick change of heart she had about her mother. First she's crying and then suddenly after reading the first page of the book her mother gave her she's smiling and happy again?! That was not a happy smile! That was an "I'll just wait for the right time" kinda smile. Mom better watch her back! I don't think we've seen the last of Ellie! Shades of The Omen!! *** shivers***

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
Nyeratheart, I agree with everything you said, poor mama. Creepy Ellie will be back.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes Ellie was creepy! I noticed her switch from tears to smiles take but a flash. And there seemed to be parrallels between her and the boy psycho. The boys mother was just awful--condemning her son before he was even born....but who knows, she may have been right.
The actress playing Ellie had remarkable eyes.Over all a good show last night.

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Wonder what the purpose was to put her in a wig in the first place? It sure wasn't a very good one at that.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I agree with all of you regarding Ellie. I couldn't put my finger on it but felt totally uncomfortable with scenes she was in....just weren't natural, if you know what I mean. I'm surprised Morgan is so taken in by her. And, yes, pity the poor Mom who will be trying to establish a "normal" relationship with a child who is not quite "normal"! Ellie had such a "cool" demeanor when she was with the Curry character and yet this time she fell apart at the drop of a hat. Inconsistent....hope we don't have to see much more of her.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Didn't Tim Curry's character make her cut her hair when he kidnapped her?

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
Cable, so true. There were definitely parallels with the boy psycho! I didn't think about it until you mentioned it. TBTP could have written her in any episode but chose to put her in this one. Makes you wonder why and what's next. She just better not mess around with Morgan!

Lexie, yep. He made her cut it to try to disguise her. You'd think by now it would have grown out though.

BTW, next week's episode looks super dark! Can't wait!!

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
It was nice to see a softer side of Hotch tonight with his little boy.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 2:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Lazylu,I know I loved seeing that,so cute.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 4:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Loved the scene with Hotch and his son.

Nyeratheart

09-03-2010

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyeratheart a private message Print Post    
The little boy who plays Hotch's son is absolutely adorable!