TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 01, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 01, 2010 users admin

Sia

03-10-2002

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I have to agree with Roxip: it's nice to see Meredith behave calmly for once!!! I do have to say that the writers seem to write all the characters similarly, though. Lexie and April both talk wildly-quickly, frantically--like Meredith used to. They just gush with too much information and just pour everything out, embarrassing themselves in the process. Meredith has been allowed to mature (since she married Derek via Post-It), but they seemed to have to replace her with Lexie and then April.

I enjoyed Derek telling Owen how he copes with Meredith's strange/unique relationship with Cristina. He said he has taken up golf, etc. I can't remember the exact quote, but it made me laugh.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Lately (this season / toward end of last), seems more like the old Grey's of the first couple seasons.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He also said he fishes...LOL!

About the younger doctors...it seems to me that the on-going theme is that people who become doctors tend to be outcasts when they are young...because of their intelligence perhaps? (Just my thoughts by the way.) When they start the actual process of being doctors they are thrown in, perhaps for the first time, with people like themselves, and they tend to be socially awkward. It takes them several years to grow up and relax into the people they will become.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I liked how he said that Meredith and Christina were like Elliott and ET and they were like the men in the white Hazmat suits. I loved him with Christina.

Sia

03-10-2002

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
There, that's it!! Thanks, you two: you remembered the things I forgot about Derek's funny lines. He really made me laugh. And I liked how Owen seemed to take that in and go, "Hmm, yeah, I'll take that under advisement."

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I also liked when Arizona said 'our house is turning into a Frat house' and Callie said 'no, Meredith's house is a frat house, our house is where the burn outs go to by drugs' LOL

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Teddy's line: I'm not G.I. Jane, I'm Attachment Barbie. lol

Texannie

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
LOL another good one!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Missed most of this, but did Christina get her mojo back? Was not sure based on what I saw.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No, but at least she came out of her fog for a bit and was actually able to form a coherent sentence. She got involved in a man who needed a lung transplant and he finally got through to her where she was able to help get him on the transplant list, and responded to him instead of being robotic.

Hopefully this storyline will resolve itself in the next week...I don't like RoboTina who isn't selfish, self-involved and passionate about operating on hearts.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Roxi. It's the overplayed storyline of the year.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm sure it is playing for the Emmy nomination, and I agree that Sandra Oh is playing it well, but I just feel it has dragged on a little too long. I appreciate that they are showing the continuity of the storyline in the trauma that affected all of the survivors of the shootings, but I'm ready for the storyline to move on.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Me too, I miss the old Christina. I remember when they did this with Callie's character. She lost her "rock-star" image and turned into and idiot for awhile.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
What's really unbelievable, to me, about the Christina story line is that no one else was cleared to return to surgery without being signed off by a psychiatrist. When Christina had her breakdown in the OR, the first thing the hospital should have done is have her go in to see the psychiatrist, and make her go back until she was okay. They've been paying her for weeks to sit around and do absolutely nothing.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I too am getting tired of Christina like this. I hope it was a bit of a breakthrough. I am really liking the new happier Meredith.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 11:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I think the new Christina will be a whole person. Just as Meredith is a whole person now.

Christina was the no emotions, I know everything Dr. Now she feels she knows nothing. She keeps saying "I do not know"

Key point here is that what got her talking, what got her to make a choice was the "feeling" that this patient wants to live.

The old Christina would have taken all the negatives into account, and shot down the transplant based on test results and statistics.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 7:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Interesting how they're drawing out the Christina thing. Obviously that's become the major or central hook this season so it's hard to say when they'll resolve it. A kinder, gentler Christina? Maybe. The other option is an even more hardcore Christina, one more committed and more withdrawn. Hard to tell what way they're taking the character and they aren't giving a lot of hints right now.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I think a hint that she will be more caring is buying the firehouse because she didn't care where they lived, but she knew that Owen loved it. The old Christina wouldn't have even noticed that he loved it.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
It looks good for tonight. I'm looking forward to a GA distraction.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I was worried after last night's show that they might be writing out Callie and Arizona. Dug around and found out Jessica Capshaw is on a two-episode maternity leave, then they'll be back.

So sad that Bailey's patient died from surgery complications. That happens too often.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I really liked the format of last night's show. Here I was sitting getting teary-eyed when they wrote about the little girl taking Alex to school and then started sobbing with Mandy Moore's character being gone.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I can tell you from experience that when a death like Bailey's patient happen the stuff hits the fan in a hospital. Yes it happens but really pretty rarely. Typically the whole surgical staff is put on "administrative leave" until the death can be examined and explained. It is a traumatic experience for everyone and I've spent many an hour treating staff who have gone through this.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It's a girl for Jessica Capshaw and husband Christopher Gavigan!

The couple are now the proud parents of Eve Augusta, born Oct. 20.

"The family is thrilled to welcome their newest addition," her rep tells PEOPLE.

Capshaw, 33, the daughter of actress Kate Capshaw and stepdaughter of Steven Spielberg, already has a son, 3-year-old Luke, with her husband Gavigan, the CEO of non-profit Healthy Child, Healthy World.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Peter MacNicol is going to be filling in for Jessica Capshaw. :-)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I looovvvveeee Peter MacNicol. What ever happened to his sister Kristy? She was good too.