TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 13, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 13, 2010 users admin

Yankee_in_ca

08-01-2000

Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
I hate to say it as I'm friends with many of the folks who create this show, but my dh and I started to get a little tired of BBT about 3/4 of the way through last season. We both think the characters are becoming more and more like caricatures of themselves (the Sheldon character especially).

P.S. -- As I was typing this, I was thinking how odd the English language is (specifically, the odd transition from character to caricature). Goodness, I'm a geek. CLEARLY I should keep watching BBT

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Every show has it's strong and weak episodes. I found this show amusing, but not overly so. I still look forward to the rest of the season.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It wasn't the funniest tonight but there were still some parts that cracked me up.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I still like it; but funny Yankee would bring up the word Caricature. I thought that exact thing about Sheldon last night. He was very much a caricature of himself in this episode.

And, they need to be done with the "Raj can't talk when girls are in the room" bit. It's very old and tired. They need to work that out of the show.

Other than that, it's still good to me.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I thought last nights episode was funny, guess it doesn't take much to amuse me. lol

When Penny was having Sheldon stretch and she told him to touch his toes and he said he was, I could relate on so many levels. lol I am so unflexible! lol

Then when Sheldon asked Penny what she wears/brings for her run, she said nothing, I just run until I'm hungry and then I stop and buy a Bear Claw. Totally can relate!! I get so hungry after a work out I sometimes binge on naughty foods which cancels out the work out! lol

Loved Sheldon as the robot, his facial expressions in the car were priceless and when he turned himself back on in the car I was in hysterics.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I loved Sheldon's running apparel.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I agree with you all but Sheldon's facial expressions on that robot/tv thing were a riot. I wish they'd bring back his "girlfriend". That was a funny situation.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i loved Sheldon knocking on Penny's door as the robot! LOL

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think that Blossom is back next week. I know it's not her name but she'll always be Blossom to me.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Jim Parsons is such a good actor that they've been focusing on him. The very best of this show is when they are all involved. The dynamic between all of them and Penny is what makes the show so entertaining. It must be too tempting for the writers to concentrate on Sheldon because they know he is a hit, but without the dynamic of all of them, he's just another brainy weirdo.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Monday's just aren't the same without The Big Bang Theory. It was always a great way to start the week.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I agree, Sugar. Big Bang and Two and a Half Men were staples of Monday. Having to wait until Thursday to watch BBT is a letdown.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Tuesday, October 05, 2010 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Sugar and Lycanthrope,

I miss BBT on Mondays also BUT have found that the addition of Mike and Molly makes up for it. That has been a very funny new show.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I've missed part of every episode so far this season 'cause I keep forgetting it's on Thursdays now.

Everyone had some great lines last night but Laurie Metcalf stole the show. She was hilarious. And the episode itself was much better than last week's.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
My favorite part was the look on Sheldon's face when he said "Zazzles".

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
One day this summer I was on the freeway and noticed that the license plate of the SUV in front of me said "Bazinga". That cracked me up.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, this episode was much better. Bazinga!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 1:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
"Zazzles" was very funny. I agree about the facial expression...freakin' priceless.

Sheldon's mom was great. She knows guys, that's for sure.

I love Blossom's character on this show. I look forward to more of her.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, October 09, 2010 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
How does she keep from breaking up in laughter with all that deadpan delivery of hilarious lines?

I think next week is the Starbuck/Sulu episode!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 7:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just love this show. I hope they do a "Halloween" themed one this year!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am watching a rerun of 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Daughter. Penny was Bridget on that show!

Trini

07-06-2004

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
"Blossom" she is/was Blossom I never missed that show, thank you i couldn't place her with her lack of expressions, but her voice haunted me. Thank you Lycan..!!!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
her character is wearing thin. I thougth the last ep sucked. Im the only one because ratings are up. The shows are so much better when they show all of them instead of always about Sheldon and now we have her, a little was funny but it gets old fast

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 6:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Pamy, you're not alone. I got real tired of her real quick. Hopefully that's the end of Sarah Farrah Fowler. Let's get back to this being a show with 5 equal cast members rather. Or, change the name to The Sheldon Show. And, speaking of The Sheldon Show, let's bring him down a peg. Like we've said above, they're turning him into a caricature of himself.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
Love this show, too, but I bet we see more of Sarah Farrah Fowler. I saw on an entertainment show that Penny fell from a horse (in real life) and broke her leg. They had to temporarily write her out of the show.