TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 20, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Talk (CBS): Archive through October 20, 2010 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
That new daytime talk show is starting tomorrow, Oct 18.

It starts at 1 pm here in the KC area, but I have no idea about what time it shows in other areas.

Officail website
http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_talk/

The hosts:

Julie Chen
Sara Gilbert
Sharon Osbourne
Holly Robinson Peete
Leah Remini
Marissa Jaret Winokur

------

Could they have picked a more awful time to air?!?!

I had to laugh at what Craig Ferguson said to Julie when she was on his show last week. He said something like "Ummm, doesn't your new show sound familiar?"...LOL

Mak1

08-11-2002

Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
It's on at 2 pm here in Maine. I don't know if I'll ever think to watch it. It's opposite Dr Oz, which I would watch if I ever remembered. lol It seems like they have too many hosts.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't know how much of Sharon I could take but I might catch a few.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 3:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Sharon is very opinionated. Holly is outspoken, too. It should be interesting.

Which one is the Elisabeth of the group? The conservative one.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't know. I know that I read they aren't about discussing politics.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I have it set to DVR at 1:00 :-)

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
They say they aren't another "The View." We'll see how this goes. I won't watch as I generally don't watch Daytime TV and Talk Shows, but I'm interested in hearing how other people like it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I dont think they can possibly aviod talking about politics especially during election time.As I said upthread,Im betting Holly is the token conservative and I only say that because she is religious.I know,Im stereotyping.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
'The Talk' premiere review: Les Moonves tells wife Julie Chen, 'If it doesn't work, I'll cancel you'

The first day of any talk show is always a bit stiff, so the premiere edition of The Talk — with a panel featuring Julie Chen, Sara Gilbert, Sharon Osbourne, Leah Remini, and Holly Robinson Peete — must be given a pass. Well, a partial pass. After all, these are all TV pros, even if, as Remini noted, some of them are more used to working with scripted material.

And that was the main flaw in the premiere: It seemed scripted down to the last second. <snip>

http://watching-tv.ew.com/2010/10/18/the-talk-julie-chen-sara-gilbert/

Tishala

08-01-2000

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
I turned this on at 1.03 and I'll be turning it off at 1.20. The audio when I first turned it on was literally garbled--I don't know what happened, but for a show called The Talk, it was nearly impossible to discern what they were talking about. And then, after the audio glitch was cleared up, the show was mic-ed so strangely, the audience response was much more present than anything the cohosts said.

I'll have to go watch for another minute or two. But I don't think this is going to go well

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I TIVOd it and had no sound what so ever through the whole hour.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 4:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Far as I know, I didn't have any audio problems with it. I had recorded it. Watched a few minutes. Nothing new there -- nothing grabbed me. I dumped it. If the TV is on and there's nothing better . . . maybe I'll watch.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I didn't notice any audio problems either. Sharon and Leah are going to have to rein in their talking a bit because they really talked over everyone, especially Christie Brinkley when she was talking. I'll probably check it out again.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
the one I want to hear talk (Gilbert) barely speaks!

So, for those of us who watched BB and speculated on Julie expecting -- what do you think? I think she's hiding a baby bump.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Some of the women I really liked and some not so much, especially Leah. She acted kind of weird, especially on the subject about talking to your kids about sex. She seemed to act kind of teenager like and came across very immature. Perhaps she was trying to be funny, but she really wasn't. I really liked Julie Chen, I wished Sarah would have spoken more, and I just like Sharon. Holly was ok and they could have done without Melissa on the street.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I love dogs, but today . . . . They had a dog on (small white long-haired fluffy breed) with Guinness World record longest tongue. Eeeeeeew. It really was bad. Owner said always out except when barking or growling. Even sleeps with tongue hanging out. Eeeeeeew.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think Leah Remini was a bit concerned about being a host on the show. I saw her on Chelsea Lately and she was wanting to know how to act and was concerned that she'd be acting inappropriately or saying something she shouldn't. She sounded genuinely concerned and worried. Personally, I think she's hilarious but not sure I'd like her in the roundtable format of this talk show.

I did record yesterday, and am recording today, but haven't watched. Yet.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Oh Color, I saw that part with the dog and Im sorry, but I was kinda grossed out...'and I love dogs'....def a dog only a mother could love....ack.....I kept wondering how in the world does it eat.....yowzers...

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Not impressed, my thoughts so far...Too many hosts; cameraman couldn't seem to find the proper shot, sound was also a problem, some hosts I could hear fine, others were inaudible, ended up turning closed captioning on to catch anything I didn't hear. :-( Julie always seem to be "reading", not seeing the real "her". Leah a little, well a lot, too animated. Sarah might as well not even be there, I just don't think this is her shtick. Holly is sooo opinionated and not finding her likable.

I'll give it the rest of the week, I hope it gets better.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 3:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
just what i didnt want to see on tv - Holly Robinson Peete

i had quite enough of her on the Celebrity Apprentice.

I did watch a little bit of this show since it was Season Premeire. Awkward!! stilted and forced.

while i think Sara could add something different to the show, she seemed starstruck with the other big names at the table.

Glad i missed that Deformed dog. I have a personal issue with animals being dragged around like the circus freaks of the 1800s.

back a few years there was a cute white dog that was in all kinds of calendars and tv shows. Even made an appearance on The DOG show skit on SNL.

it was a rescued dog that had been in a horrible accident. None of its legs bent so when it walked it was stifflegged like a robot. Its tongue also hung out of its mouth and it looked Terrified / in pain.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
The dog was rescued, which is great. The owner said it slaps her on the face with its tongue, because it can't lick....EWWWWW. I really had a hard time looking at it and felt sorry when I saw it try to eat some of the ice cream.

All the women talked about visiting and spending nights at Leah's house. It felt odd, like we were all being excluded from the conversation because we haven't been to Leah's or met her child(ren). I wouldn't go out of my way to watch again unless I was interested in the day's guest. J-Lo was mildly entertaining. I liked the little smile she does on the red carpet when the photographers are hollering commands to her.

Tishala

08-01-2000

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tishala a private message Print Post    
It was better today, I think, but it's way too structured for its own good. I'd like more Sarah Gilbert and less of that Leah Remini person. Marissa wasn't there today and I didn't miss her at all. I like that they do interviews with just a few of the hosts instead of all of them; The View should do that more (they used to back in the day). It makes the convos more natural and hosts don't interrupt just so they can hear themselves talk. OTOH, the interviews are, like the rest of the show, a bit too focused and proscribed.

I hate the way the show's directed, though. When they do a shot of the women on the sofa, the back of the front row audience is visible. Why do that? It looks stupid. And the director is obsessed with getting reaction shots from the audience--and they are almost never worth it.

I'm surprised that I like Mrs Moonves as much as I do. She seems really charming.

Here's some news for them, though: labor and delivery stories might be interesting to some people, but not to me. And why bother to have a guest just so you can guess the gender of her fetus? FAIL.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They did say that they started the show because of a mommy group that Sara belonged to and that got her thinking there should be a show for mothers to get together and talk so that makes the labor and delivery stories very relevant to what they want to talk about. I know, not for everyone but it makes sense in the context of motherhood.

I absolutely loved what Sara said about parenting : "The greatest joy in being a parent is not deciding who your children are but discovering who they are." Love that!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes,I very much liked Sarahs quote too Mamie.

I found the show boring tho.I think it helps things move along when there are comics (Joy,Whoopie and Sheri) hosting ala The View.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
From what I understand, each woman can choose which segments she wants to be part of. For example, if someone doesn't cook, she may want to skip that segment. So that's why you wouldn't see all women all the time.

I didn't set today's show to record cuz I didn't want to see the person they had on as a guest. I still haven't watched Mon or Tues shows.