TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 14, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 14, 2010 users admin

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 12:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Christy, that parallel is totally accurate! It's amazing how they've made Castle and his daughter out to be that similar.

Babyjax, I didn't even think of that. But thinking back to my youth, I have to agree, I wouldn't talk to my girlfriends with my folks in the same room. But maybe Castle and his daughter are more evovled.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We didn't even have cordless phones when I was growing up, so I would always go into my parents room to use the phone and close the door. Privacy! I just didn't believe it. The writers had her do that so Castle and his mom could talk about her. Wouldn't happen in real life.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't have talked in front of my mother on the phone but my daughter would not have and didn't have any problem talking on the phone in front of me. I think it's all about the relationship and Castle and his daughter are very close.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I really don't think that Castle's daughter sees him in a true traditional parent role...he's more of a parent to his mother than he is to her daughter...LOL!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Castle, his Mom, and his Daughter all have a pretty open family relationship. I believed it.

Neko

08-03-2001

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
I'm watching the new episode right now (yay Canada :D) and does anyone else think Stana is pregnant??

She's wearing loose clothes, holding things in front of her stomach, and holding her hands about her belly.

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 10:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Neko, I was just coming to ask that. So many head shots of her and loose clothing.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
This same question was asked back in January with the same clues cited. Maybe she just likes loose clothes!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I saw plenty of scenes in the episode with her belly in full sight, and it doesn't look like she's put on any weight.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I really like this show but I fall asleep each week before the killer is revealed!

One thing, I really like Beckett with long hair.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Thanks to Neko for making me feel like I'm not the only one. I'm the one that brought it up last season and was shot down somewhat harshly so I just kept my mouth shut the remainder of the year. Now that you bring it up again this year, I'll pay attention to it when I watch later today (I fell asleep right after it started last night).

ETA: The thing that tips it off for me is holding things in front of her midsection. Sometimes it's just unnatural looking. And, that's what causes the question to pop up.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 7:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Didn't she show up in a really gorgeous tight dress not long after y'all were speculating about the preggers thing?

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 8:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I remember this question from last season. I don't remember any harshness, but we figured out pretty quickly that she was not pregnant. I think it's just the way the camera catches her sometimes, and the fact that she does hold items in front of her stomach at times that may fool people. But like I said, there were plenty of scenes last night that showed her svelte midsection.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, September 30, 2010 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Okay, we just watched Monday's episode and even DH was wondering if Stana Katic was pregnant! Her wardrobe choices were suspicious and there was even a scene where she appeared to be resting her hands on her belly! We were so curious, I googled it. Found this:

Be careful what you wear. That may be the lesson to take from the latest Castle case cracked by Michael Ausiello. The Entertainment Weekly columnist just answered a fan's question on Beckett's ... baby bump? "Is Stana Katic pregnant?" a fan named Peter asks. "Don’t get me wrong, she is as stunning as ever; her wardrobe choices on Castle, on the other hand, are suspicious." As Ausiello answers, "She is not pregnant. In related news, the puffy blouse Katic was wearing in Monday’s episode released the following statement exclusively to Ask Ausiello: 'My bad.'" Mystery solved!

http://www.wetpaint.com/castle/articles/rumor-patrol-is-stana-katic-pregnant

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The girl needs to stop holding strategically placed folders and coats in front of her midsection. She even got off an elevator with a coat draped over her arm at one point.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just love this show, so enjoyed the treasure hunt, LOL.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, October 10, 2010 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I do love Monday nights! It's a pleasure to find such a nice mix/chemistry of characters and to be entertained so well....

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, October 11, 2010 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think the character maybe just wears loose clothing. There was a scene last week when she was wearing a jacket, over a shirt that was tucked in to her pants. And the pants were belted. And there was definitely NOT a baby bump there. To be perfectly honest, it's kind of refreshing to see someone in the role who isn't dressing with boobage out to there. (The way the women dress on the CSI series always amazes me. Really? That much cleavage? In a workplace? And oh, yeah, bending over stuff in the lab or the morgue and your hair isn't covered?)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Well she certainly has great taste in men!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Does she ever. who is he?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 7:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
She didn't seem to do as much "covering up her stomach" in last night's episode.

LOVE the new boyfriend....we must find out who he is!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
New man, Josh, is played by an actor named Victor Webster. All I can say is "hubba, hubba"!!!!!!!!!!! He's Canadian; relocated to California with family when he was 13. His father was a real life police officer.... He's been on a few episodes of Melrose Place and other roles in shows I am not familiar with.

Boy this ought to make Castle sit up and take notice!!!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Victor Webster was the star of a syndicated series called "Mutant X". It ran for four years on various stations in the early 00's here in the states. I believe it was shot in Vancouver.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
loved ALL the guys' faces when she walked off with him!!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This show always makes me lol. Castle has such a deadpan delivery with his lines. He's always funny. The writing on this show is really sharp. Not always believable situations, but the dialogue is much sharper than a lot of shows. Always enjoyable!

Love coming in here to see who thinks Stana Kanic's pregnant! Last night I couldn't get over how long her hair's gotten all of a sudden. Wonder if she got extensions?