TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 17, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 17, 2010 users admin

Elizabeth116

11-26-2006

Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Elizabeth116 a private message Print Post    
A lot of people on Young and the Restless message boards are saying that they think Meggie is Skye's mother and that they may somehow be related to Victor's brother. They pointed out that on the side of Meggie's bar their was a sign that said "Miller's" which is Victor's last name. Who knows!

Bbfreak

07-06-2009

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfreak a private message Print Post    
The woman who hired Jana today was the one who played Cindy Brady on the Brady Bunch. Boy do I feel old....Cause she looked REALLY old.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I didn't pay any attention to her, Bbfreak. I'll have to check it out tonight, even though it will make me feel even older! I was too busy stating my opinions about the hiring of Jana. Seriously?! On the first morning of school, they hire a new teacher? Obviously, there was no background check done, because who would hire crazy background JANA to work with young children?

Yesterday's show was weird, but at least it was fun. Who knew GC had a day spa? It was really funny how so many of GC's finest women spent their day there. They really took the place over, in a chaotic way. LOL

Bbfreak

07-06-2009

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfreak a private message Print Post    
LOL Mak, I see a baby snatching in the future, Jana is going to snatch Delia to get back at Chloe.
LOL at the DaySpa, and Phyllis with her "Homewrecker" Blog!!?? I am so suprised someone (Mainly Sharon) Hasn't looked at her and said "HELLO?? POT MEET KETTLE!"
I am loving every scene Billy is in, and realizing more and more why they got rid of the MAC character the first time.
As far as Maggie goes, Every time Victor steps outside of the city limits, he brings back some woman that stirs things up. Hope, The chick from the Reservation, Sabrina....ETC.
I am wondering if Thad Luckinbill <J.T.> is worried that his wife in real life <victoria, I forgot her real name> has so much more chemistry with Billy than he ever did onscreen, LOL.
OK That's my rant of the day...

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Well, onscreen chemistry is different from what they probably have at home. I would not like having my spouse making out with someone else but that's the way their job works.

Bbfreak

07-06-2009

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfreak a private message Print Post    
Yep, that's the job they chose.

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 4:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
I'm so loving this show right now. Judge Anderson is here. And her line, "kinda like the house I grew up in". A lot of you are way too young to recognize her, but it brought a smile to my face.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Judge Anderson, very cute. I don't like Victoria, well the actress that plays her always seems sedated, but I do enjoy her and Billy. I'm not liking the whole "Desperate Housewives" talkover. Phyliis has this strange tone to her voice. It's dumb but what else is new. And can't we all see the "death" of Chance coming a mile away? You know they will set it up to look like he's dead and everyone will have to think he's dead and Nina will blame Ronan and then find out he's her other son. And that age-progression picture looked nothing like Ronan at all!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
Chloe told Nina that Ronan was her son before they raced off to try and save Chance.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I gave in and looked at spoilers last night. John Driscoll's (Chance) departure was reported in August, so Chance really died.
soapcentral.com/yr/news/2010

There is also a new actor arriving to play Noah Newman. He's a real cutie, and amazingly still young!

This Phyllis "Desperate Housewives" narration is sort of cute but so unoriginal that it's annoying me.

Nobody has mentioned this, so maybe it's just me... Whenever Delia is onscreen, I find myself staring at her large forehead. I have not seen a forehead like that before. Is it unusually large? With her hair beginning to grow, it is only slightly less noticeable.

Erniesgirl, I read your post before the show had aired here. I don't think I would have recognized Elinor Donahue otherwise. Thank you for posting that. It made it all the more fun.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Mak, you are not the only one thinking about the baby's forehead. My mom and I were talking about it yesterday.

I still think they will fake his "death" so he can come back at some point. They have to keep the Chancellor blood going through the show.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
If John Abbott can still come back years later, anything can happen. Right? lol Maybe Heather can be pregnant with the next Chancellor heir.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Mak..I thought it looked very 'Desperate Housewifes'....It was the first thing I thought of...lol....not good on Y&R

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think Heather will be pregnant.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Maybe Heather and Chloe will be preggers by the brothers?? Just sayin'.
Not liking a lot of the show again. Love Billy and Victoria. But, the Jill/Lauren stuff and Victor and Nikki, are so eh. Time for a break again. I love it. I can come back here and read and then decide to start watching again. Thank you!!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, September 12, 2010 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I hear ya. I don't find myself needing to tune in everyday anymore.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Nina made me cry today. :-( So did Chloe. :-( So did Victoria. :-(

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
http://twitter.com/victoriarowell

She has been tweeting about racism toward Y&R black cast members

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    

Luke Kleintank, the new Noah, will be seen on Y&R next week.

Victoria Rowell confuses me. She is upset about the racism on Y&R yet wants to be back on the show. She links to a petition to have her rehired as Dru.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't want to say I told you so but I told you so! At least this opens the door for some kind of relationship between Ronan and Nina. I didn't like him at first but he's growing on me.

Dolphinschild

06-22-2006

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dolphinschild a private message Print Post    
Ok so another long running soap opera ended, so I am wondering do we have anything to worry about with ours ?

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
After you told me so, I got to thinking you had to be right, Mamie. The way the shooting happened, keeping Nina far away from Chance, bagging and removing his body so fast, all pointed to you being right! I'm glad you were. I didn't like having him killed after all he had just been through.

On another note, do you think Jeanne Cooper is thinking of retiring? Or, is she just having health problems now to give Nikki the excuse to drink because her sponsor is unavailable? Will Deacon end up helping her? I really hate this Meggie character and hope she and her smooooothies take a hike soon.

DC, I just saw an article about the huge drop in advertising revenues for soaps in the last quarter of last year, and another 20% drop so far this year. I hope Y&R can hang in there.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 5:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't think Jeanne is retiring at all. I think it added to something coming up with Tucker and the whole Nikki thing. Boring!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I hope you're right again, Mamie. Some days Katherine is the only bright spot in the show!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm friends with her on Facebook and she writes lovely things. I don't think it's in her to retire.