TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 16, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 16, 2010 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 2:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I'm a bit peeved that this is moving to Thursday nights. It is the best part of Monday as far as I am concerned. I think it might be back in a 7:00 pm CST which is nice, but I like it on Monday.

Marameko

07-15-2002

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I am not happy with the move as well but we all know this in an effort to grab on to the excellent ratings and give the glory to other shows as well.Luckily I don't grab onto new shows quickly and I really already watch too much tv any way.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'm okay with the move because I have nothing on at that time to watch and even if I did, that would be taped and I would watch Big Bang. It also could be one of those moves that doesn't last for very long.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
It's a great way to start the week. Oh well.

Tonight's episode looks good. Sheldon on a date. Love the line, "Can I buy you a drink?" "A tepid water please." Awesome!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Quick question:

Is anyone else only watching Two and a Half Men because it's on after Big Bang, so it's easy to tape? When Big Bang moves to Thursdays there's no way I'd make an effort to watch 2.5 Men. I'd watch it if nothing else was on, but not on a busy evening of television.

Nothing, on the other hand, would make me miss Big Bang!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 6:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I don't watch 2.5 men even though it's on between Rules and Bang. I turn the channel and find something, anything else. Tonight for example, I watched a little bit of Sister Act on BET and a little bit of Cocktail on another channel. Now going to watch Big Bang. 2.5 men used to be funny, now it's just the same sad joke over and over and over.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl, I do the same thing. I change it to all different shows and then back at 9:30.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow, I thought I was the only one who'd had enough of it! I can never believe it has higher ratings than Big Bang - apparently this last episode was the first time ever Big Bang had more than it.

Marameko

07-15-2002

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
2.5 men is a riot. The writers go right to the edge and then quickly pull back. Some of the stuff they say is so funny.

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
Was that Blossem?

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
yep!

Good god...what have we done?! LOL

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Funniest episode in a while. I'd gotten a little tired of Leonard but I really felt for him last night: "I'm beginning to think there's a double standard." Raj explaining that he know their Sheldon would use the word "hokum" cracked me up as did Sheldon's match telling him she'd promised her mother she'd date once a year and him advising her to avoid east Texas. I never thought I'd say this but I now want Sheldon to have a girlfriend.

P.S. Penny's date was really tall!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I can't wait to watch my tape. I tape from HIMYM to Big Bang, so end up with 2.5 men, sometimes I just FF through it.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Hobbs. Yes it was. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I was looking at her and couldn't figure out where I'd seen here before.

Hobbs

08-05-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hobbs a private message Print Post    
Penny: "Come on. We're going to have sex."
Leonard: "But why...okay."

That was hilarious.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
again, I want them to stay happy together. I hate that she did that to him

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I agree Pamy - this is one of my favorite shows and I am quickly beginning to dislike Penny! I prefer them together, but if they aren't together, I really don't want her to play games with him!

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Loved this episode and am a big fan of the show. Can't wait to see what the new season brings.
Would still like to see David Hyde Pierce as Leonard's father, Christine Baranski's soon to be ex-husband. He could play that character showing similarities to Sheldon's character yet have a new crazy mid life crisis kind of thing going on. Would be funny to see Raj and Howard see the similarities that escape Leonard, Sheldon, and Leonard's parents.
I have already watched the season finale twice and plan yet another viewing.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 05, 2010 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For anyone like me who has a season pass set for Big Bang, you might want to change the option to "with repeats." It looks like this season's episodes are repeating all this summer, and they're soooooo good! This is the only show I ever watch repeats on!

This last Monday's show was the one where Sheldon was feeding Penny chocolates for good behaviour, and this Monday coming is the one where Sheldon tries to stop Leonard and Penny arguing.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Does anyone know what episode Jim Parson's Emmy nomination was for? I tried to find it but just ran into a bunch of uninformative links.
Thanks in advance.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was the one where he was given an award and got up on stage drunk. Don't know the episode name. I didn't think it was one of the best episodes, but he said it showed a lot of different sides to Sheldon so that's why he chose to submit that one.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Sugar, that episode is titled "The Pants Alternative."

On a side note - when did IMDB change their site? I HATE it now!! I can't do a search for ANYTHING on the front page! GGRRRRRR.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I haven't noticed anything wrong at IMDb. I used it numerous times yesterday and twice today.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you!
I wondered if it might be that one or the Adhesive Duck episode. I personally think he should have been nominated and won for the first season with the cousin Leopold episode or even the luminous fish episode. The man is a comic genius.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, July 16, 2010 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Okay, that is WEIRD! When I went back to IMDB it was different than when I accessed it yesterday. Yesterday, there was NO search bar right at the top. I wonder if I typed something wrong or if I caught them doing updates or something.

Anytime Jim Parsons and Christine Baranski are in the same room, I LOVE it! They are hilarious together.