TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 29, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 29, 2010 users admin

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
I'm definitely rooting for Billy Miller. Is Christian LeBlanc nominated this year? If he is, that's who I'm rooting for.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 6:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The emmys are on tonight? Guess I better go take a look at the tv guide for tonight, LOL.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Ladyt, Christian isn't this year. It's Peter Bergman and Doug Davidson for best actor.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Oh my Mamie...Your right...Adam sure does not look blind...that one slipped by me....

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Just read that Billy Miller won best supporting actor! They got it right.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, June 27, 2010 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Well I am bummed that Peter or Doug didn't win. Doug had me in tears for so many of his scenes this past season. (Michael Park from As The World Turns won and I do like him but)....Maybe next time.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, July 05, 2010 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
How can a man that's going "blind" get around in the dark so well? I'm tired of Adam and his taunting of Patty. I know that Stacy Haiduk is leaving the show so I'm assuming they are sending her off, believing she killed the other "Adam". I am also tired of Jill and her need to be somebody. Way to alienate your new-found sister! And Abby, yuck.

I did love Billy and his "Hello Mrs. Newman, lovely dress you're wearing" after his Leave It To Beaver reference. Made the whole show worth watching.

Bbfreak

07-06-2009

Tuesday, July 06, 2010 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfreak a private message Print Post    
I Love every Billy scene. I fast forward through everything else. Well Except where Ryder has no shirt, then I pause it!
"KEEP RYDER NAKED!"

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
First, I read that Stacy Haiduk (Patty/Emily) is leaving Y&R. CBS has told them to cut staff. Guess who is next to leave? Sorry, ladies....

soapcentral.com:-(

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 4:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I honestly don't think that's any great loss, acting-wise anyway.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
But Mamie, those abs! LOL I agree about the acting.

Here's more about Stacy. I love the part about Mr. Kitty.

Sources tell soapcentral.com that show brass, realizing how unhappy fans were with the look-alike plot, wanted to remove traces of the controversial storyline from the canvas. After some time has passed and memories of the story fade, Haiduk could be brought back.

For much of the latter part of 2009, Haiduk was featured front and center in Y&R's storylines, as the actress pulled double-duty as psychiatrist Emily Petersen and the mentally unbalanced Patty Williams. As a result, many critics were stunned when, earlier this year, Haiduk did not receive a Daytime Emmy nomination.

Though not nominated, Haiduk was the talk of the Emmys in 2009. Haiduk appeared on the Red Carpet with a purse made out of a stuffed cat, her co-star on the show, "Mr. Kitty."
soapcentral.com

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, July 07, 2010 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
That's funny!

Chief

08-09-2009

Thursday, July 08, 2010 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chief a private message Print Post    
Y&R has been my favorite soap for a very long time. But some of these storylines are boring as crap!

I can't say it's a great loss either to see "Ryder" leave. He's not that great of an actor. Wonder then what that will do to his relationship with "Jana?"

Jill has gotten on my last nerve. The woman has no tact! But I kind of like it when she and Katherine go at it!

Heyltslori

09-15-2001

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heyltslori a private message Print Post    
I don't understand why the hair people can't do something with Victoria's mop. She looks like a hot mess all the time!

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Thursday, July 22, 2010 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
This show has really been nuts lately with silly story lines and not so good actors....
The whole Jill thing is horrible... they sure do make her look bad all the time, money grubbing no matter what....uck...
The new Heather just makes me want to gag....seriously...the whole storyline with her in it and the detectives and all that...I dont even know what its all about....its a mess....
And Abby...what can you say about her.... I cant stand the little brat... but It is prob the only thing right now that makes me laugh...'her getting to her dad is kinda laughable."
Still like Billy, and I dont care about Victoria's hair, its kinda like all the Newman kids have gone mad and the 'great Victor'...has lost some control....

Bbfreak

07-06-2009

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfreak a private message Print Post    
Phyllis getting nailed by Deacon on a dumpster. How appropriate.
And that whole scene with Ashley and Tucker...just plain weird.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I haven't been able to watch it lately and totally forget around 7 in the evening when it's on SoapNet. I guess I'm not missing much.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Yesterday's show was crazy! We saw Adam get punched and a drink thrown on his blackened eye. Phyllis told Nick she was going to change her behavior, then freaked when he told her Sharon is living in the tack house. Cute little Summer told Nick, "We can have one house, but not three." when he left her to sleep at the tack house with Sharon and Faith. Sharon was visiting with Adam when Nick returned. Now he's p*issed at both of his wives. Then there was the dumpster scene. I really thought she was going to fall in, lol! There was the tattoo scene. Mamie, you would have LOVED it. Victoria had a tattoo on her lower back. I think it says Billy Forever...something like that. Billy was in the middle of getting his when the tattoo artist, Snake, suddenly collapsed and had to be taken away by ambulance. Billy now has a partial tattoo. It is a heart, with "Victor" inside it. He was screaming at the unconscious guy to ask if he had a partner to finish the last two letters. It really was funny and will be for a while. Then we had Ashley breaking it off with Tucker, saying she doesn't feel anything for him. This was followed by him smashing in her door to tell her he knows she DOES care about him, followed by Ashley's aggressive, passionate attack on him. (DH said they stole that whole scene from the movie Body Heat.) There were lots of torn shirts yesterday!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I would have loved the Billy scene because he makes the show for me. (He and Michael but Michael has been kind of on the back burner lately.) I'll try and catch it on SoapNet this weekend.

Sage

07-19-2000

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sage a private message Print Post    
Hi Mamie, I always watch the show online at CBS.com after it has been aired on TV. This way, I can watch any time of day I choose, and you don't have as many commercials to endure either. Here's the link:
http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_young_and_the_restless/video/

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I don't watch any soaps. The other day as I was flipping through channels -- Eric Roberts! Is he temporary or permanent cast member?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Color, he's temporary.

Sage, thanks!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 6:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
okay, this Maggie sneaking vodka into Nikki's drinks thinking she won't notice!!!! What a bunch of malarky. After I quit drinking (32 years ago), I was in a restaurant with my husband and asked for a virgin caesar. After one sip I could tell right away that it wasn't a "virgin" caesar and called the waiter over to take it away.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Friday, August 27, 2010 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
I agree Erniesgirl I was thinking the same thing.

What the heck is the deal with Maggie anyway?

Dolphinschild

06-22-2006

Sunday, August 29, 2010 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dolphinschild a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing Erniesgirl and Sportsfan. You can also smell it as well. My thought on Maggie is the whole thing is a set up between her and Swayze brothers character to latch onto Newman money by her getting him to marry her. Niki is in the way.

I like Victoria much better now that she is with Billy and yes Billy is FINE!!! I love his character, personality and he does make the show and I might add OMG gorgious. I have a tattoo, and the whole thing about other artists won't add the other two letters I think is a crock. It is the part of the skin that hasn't been touched lol. Now other artists don't like to touch someone elses work honestly, so that would have been more realistic for the writers to add to the script instead of the lame excuse they came up with for not having the last two letters put on.