TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 21, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 21, 2010 users admin

Taysmomcj

03-24-2008

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Taysmomcj a private message Print Post    
LOL Kookliebird...I thought the same thing but didn't ask!

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
We watch too much CSI's LOL.

Spelll

09-16-2005

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spelll a private message Print Post    
How come the cop who shot the intruder didn't shoot him again when he stood up?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That had to be the stupidest SWAT team in history (IMO). Maybe when the guy shot himself he put the gun up to his head facing away from the Chief.

Carmenv

04-14-2006

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carmenv a private message Print Post    
I thought the same thing about the SWAT team. Ummm...he isn't DEAD. Take another shot! Sheesh.

I also wondered why the guy didn't just shoot Derek again in the OR. I mean, I'm glad he didn't, but...just sayin'. Was he down to only the one bullet at that point? I don't think so, because he shot Owen. So...

I'm certainly GLAD that didn't happen, but still.

I also wondered why Callie didn't just go for the gun when she handed the guy the gauze. Didn't he reach out for the gauze with the gun LOOSELY in his hand? Or did I see it wrong?

I suppose she didn't want to take that risk in a room full of kids...

Alot of it wasn't particularly believable, I suppose, but it certainly was enjoyable!!!

Neko

08-03-2001

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
I think the first thing Webber will do when he's Chief again (and he totally is. They've shown Derek HATING life since he's gotten that position) will be to CHANGE the hospital procedure for a shooter. LOL

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Spelll and Carmenv, I thought the same thing about the guy who shot him and told Lexie to run. It seemed so easy to shoot him again while he was down. Carmenv, I also was screaming (in my head, lol) to Callie to knock the gun out of his hand! He seemed to be a little in shock and holding the gun loosely. Of course, they all had to do what the writers told them to do. A lot of it was over the top, but I loved every breath-holding minute of it!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
As for the swat shooting the guy, I think Lexie got in the way and he couldn't take the shot, he was behind Lexie and the shooter was in front behind the cart.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I didn't find it very believable either. But it was enthralling, since you didn't know what unbelievable thing would happen next?

Even down to the one bullet. I'm thinking that Webber had the lamest argument ever. If I was the shooter, I'd have taken out Webber, and then gone and pointed my gun at the SWAT, and let them use their bullets to kill me.

Interesting too that he shot the gal intern (Reid?) in the head, killing her instantly, but for everyone else he shot in the stomach, chest, shoulder. He was pretty close for having his aim get worse over time.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
For just buying the gun the prior week, the Shooter also had an amazing "kill shot" ability even from across the room!

Loved when Karev just kept saying he was pissed!

Don't think Lexie heard Karev call her Izzie though when he was saying don't leave ever again. Mark heard it, but it didn't appear to me that Lexie heard it.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think Lexie heard it.

Here's my thing, I go into the show knowing that things that happen, could not and would not happen in real life. I am in it for the drama, for the acting, for the sheer escape of watching a TV show with characters that I care about.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I never expect tv to be real/true to life...including reality shows! LOL

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
interesting excerpt from Shonda's blog...

And here’s the thing you need to know: in my first draft of Part 1, Gary Clark shot Bailey. Bailey. He shot her. And I wrote it and then I couldn’t sleep, for days and days, I could not sleep and I had to remove it from the script. Bailey getting shot was just too much for me. She’s our anchor. She’s the soul. Mer is the heart but Bailey is the soul and so I had to delete it. Because there was no way I could go on if Bailey had a bullet wound. The world would just be too…broken. Derek was devastating enough but both Derek and Bailey…it meant I couldn’t go on

that truly would have been horrible!

Hypermom

08-12-2001

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I think he did the kill shot to Reed because she was rude and demeaning to him. Like he said to Weber, he wanted to shoot him in the face and watch him die.

When my late son was in the hospital one time for chemo, they had a lock down. A drunk Dad knocked out the police officer in the ER and tried to head up to the Peds. floor to see his child. The elevators were turned off, the fire doors were closed and locked, and we were told to keep the door closed in the room until there was an all clear. Of course, we didn't know until after they found him what was going on.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Scary!

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
as to why weren't they all on cell phones; many hospitals jam the signals because cell phones don't mix with hospital equipment.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh, Annie, I agree, that I watch it for the entertainment value. But there was a part of me that was finding it so unbelievable that I wasn't really being drawn in. I found myself wondering what makeup they used to make Percy look so pale for instance. Instead of thinking about how awful it would be a surgeon and not be able to do anything to try and save him.

In my mind, it should be real enough that you can forget for a time that it's not real. While I was glued to the tv to see what would happen next, at some point it went so far, I lost that feeling. So that was a little disappointing.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I hear so many make the same comments.. I don't know what it is about me (or wrong with me), but that kind of thing never bothers me. LOL

Carmenv

04-14-2006

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carmenv a private message Print Post    
I didn't really bother me...and it certainly didn't keep me from enjoying the show. On the contrary...I LOVED IT!

And honestly, at the time, none of those things even occurred to me. It was only later when I was in bed (trying to get to sleep - the heart was pounding too much - LOL!) that I thought to myself...huh. I wonder why...

So for me, I guess it was real enough that I could forget at the time that it WASN'T real, as Karuuna said. But thankfully, unlike Karuuna, I never lost the feeling of being riveted, and it being believeable while I was watching it.

Carmenv

04-14-2006

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carmenv a private message Print Post    
Except for the part about the SWAT team. I WAS yelling at the TV then...shoot him again!

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
now, i was yelling at the SWAT team too! LOL

Msbullwnkl

08-16-2005

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
May I suggest going to the Grey's writers blog at BLOG to see Shonda's thoughts for this episode.

Also, Michael Ausiello from Entertainment Weekly did an interview with Shonda this morning. It can be found HERE

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
Ok, just finished watching the season finale. I was in tears. My heart was hurting for Bailey and Charles. My heart was hurting for Alex wanting Izzy to not leave him again, and for Mark watching Lexie with Alex. My heart was hurting for Christina in that OR, and for Meredith knowing that she was miscarrying her baby. I wanted to slap that Natalie person that was in Derek's office and the SWAT team for being so inefficient. I was cheering for Christina, who truly did grow up, I think and come into her own as a surgeon and for Jackson (that cutie) for being her rock. I'm still feeling uneven, so I think I will go find something fun to watch now, lol ...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Natalie...April? Amen to slapping her...only person in the hospital who deserved to be shot!

Carmenv

04-14-2006

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carmenv a private message Print Post    
And yet she wasn't...

I have to admit to very nearly begging the shooter to just go ahead and shoot her already!