TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 13, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 13, 2010 users admin

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Totally agree Juju.

But by stating somebody is wearing a blue turban, imo, is not pointing out their race.

I filled out our census today. I put down white, but as I am not an albino, I am not truly white. But I guess it was the closest of the choices I was given.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
LOL Serate! I've got some German, Russian, and Romanian in me, with olive-colored skin and I tan easily. I'm technically "white" but I tell you what, even my baby soft behind isn't WHITE white! :-)

BTW, especially in the Bay Area, many of the men who wear turbans do so because of religious reasons. Their race has not much to do with it. There are a couple of Sikhs at the Hertz Gold Club checkout who I chat with (I travel way too much so they always recognize me). While I realize they may be Indian, they may not be. But it's for religious reasons that they wear the turban.

Serate

08-21-2001

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
BTW, especially in the Bay Area, many of the men who wear turbans do so because of religious reasons. Their race has not much to do with it

Thanks Costa. That's what I was thinking myself, turbans are more of a religious thing than a race thing.

As far as the US and races, I see NOTHING wrong with how it's done in Louisville, KY and everywhere I have lived in Iowa. EVERY time there is a suspect and info is released, there is some reference to race. What good is saying the suspect is 5'10", brown hair, brown eyes, wearing a red shirt? That covers a hecka lot of races, my lily white uncle included.

I'd be a terrible eye witness as far as facial features. And I still refuse to take Jack outside after dark. All because of the cat episode. lol

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Serate, my point wasn't that race isn't included (or is). It was the overwhelming response by every agency and search/rescue people and the constant media coverage (even still, today). These were two white teenage girls who were killed. The resources applied to find them were about 100 times more than anything I've seen for Latina or AA girls.

Serate

08-21-2001

Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
Costa sorry you thought I was referring to your post. I wasn't.

I was referring to this post:

AND canada covers all races equally. In a matter of fact we rarely know what race a person is unless it is pertinent info for recognition. ie/ wearing a red shirt with a blue turban

i think it might be just a USA problem in the media.

I totally agree that cute white girls get more publicity than any other victim.

In referring to the post I copied above, I don't see the problem with referring to race in the media as far as who the suspect is, as long as it's consistant. As a matter of face it can be very helpful. But if the only time race is mentioned is when it's black/African American then I see a problem.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Posting A link to promo with Forest Whitaker!!I'm so excited about this week,and looking forward to the spin off show.

On another note the guy at the beginning of the clip,does anyone know if that is Jason Wildes(he played Boscoe on Third Watch)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMyKSXaBg1E

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Yep, that's Bosco!

IMDM.com shows him playing the role of Ben McBride on Criminal Minds on April 7, 2010.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1619514/

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch last night?I LOVED Forest Whitaker and his team!!Cannot wait for the spin-off!!!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 4:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I watched it - excellent show.

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
I was not excited about the thought of a spinoff, but after watching last night and seeing the new team, I'm looking forward to it.

Holly

07-22-2001

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I love CM which is one of my favorite shows, but don't know how I'll feel about a spin off. Do we need one?

There's been so many spin-offs with all the other shows, CSI, NCIS, and they always seem to "water down" the original. I love the current cast of CM and think the chemistry they have is what makes the show so good, so I have to wonder if having a spin-off will change things or "cheapen" the original, if that makes senses. Too much of a good thing and all that.(I hope this makes sense--it's early and I need some coffee, lol).

Hotch is so handsome when he smiles, isn't he? He should lighten up more.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Is it spinning off while the original is still airing? Or spinning off to replace the original?

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
In addition to. Forrest Whittaker's team will have the new show and our originals will still be in the original show ...

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Hmm... dunno if I can handle TWO hours a week of freaky people doing freaky things to other people. But... that said, I did enjoy Forrest Whittaker and his team. I think they will be a welcome breath of fresh air. They seem a bit more irreverent than the original bunch, who seem to take themselves a wee bit too seriously. (Not that I'm saying what they do isn't serious!)

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, April 09, 2010 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I agree that it seems like the spinoff will not be as serious or dark. Hard to explain, but I could see a direct difference between the new spinoff team and the original team, the last episode seemed so different. The Forrest Whittaker team seemed to make the show less dark, more like the cop/csi shows we see on tv, whereas the original team shows seem to be very dark and kind of completely submerge you into the show and it's darkness. I feel almost involved in the original shows, thrusted into the experience like I'm right there with them, whereas I got a different feel for the spinoff more like I'm observing it as a bystander, or like I'm just watching a show as if I was watching CSI or something. I don't say that to mean that the spinoff will not be good, I'm going to watch it if it doesn't conflict with any of my other shows, I'm just noting the different feel and tone of the two shows. That was hard to explain, sorry if it doesn't make sense. LOL

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, April 09, 2010 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I like the new cast, but wonder how many of them they'll keep, and how many they'll replace. Robyn Lively was in the NCIS intro on JAG, but replaced by Sasha Alexander. Louise Lombard was the boss on the intro to NCIS: LA, but was replaced by Linda Hunt. I liked the cast as it was, so I hope they don't tinker with it too much. Maybe add a character or two.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
This amused me, it's a twitter from Matthew Gray Gubler (Reid) about Shemar Moore (Morgan) not twittering:

GUBLERNATION Since Shemar won't join Twitter I have decided to Twitter for him until he does. Here goes..."yo yo yo waxin my abs and pluckin my brows"

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 1:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch the show last night?

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Yes

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yep, another creepy one.

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Is it just me or does this show, which I love by the way, seem to be getting creepier and more violent each week?

Gidget

07-28-2002

Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I've been watching the reruns on ION and I see a little increase in violence and a big increase in creepiness.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
This show was always dark. That's what attracted me to it. The dark heart of humanity.

I thought the last episode was good. Alaskan serial killer. There's been one pretty famous one, and they mentioned him in the episode. The guy in the episode was different, though. The real life guy turned people loose in the wilderness and hunted them. And he was older.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Thursday, May 13, 2010 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
This was an interesting case, too, in that it was in an isolated are where everyone knew everyone and everyone has hunting/survival skills. How to narrow down the "unsub" when everyone knows everyone?