TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 10, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 10, 2010 users admin

Dolphinschild

06-22-2006

Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dolphinschild a private message Print Post    
It happened suddenly, and I noticed it too. No one commented on her hair.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Lol, haven't been watching but am home this morning. Boy, ole Chance is a tough one now, isn't he?? I am sorry, but he made me laugh out loud.
Jamie, Em's brother, wonder where that is going?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 10:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I didn't even realize it until you all said something! I'd be an awful witness. LOL

Pashine362

08-20-2005

Monday, April 26, 2010 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pashine362 a private message Print Post    
I just read this on-line at soapcentral.com:

David Hasselhoff returning to Y&R
Posted Monday, April 19, 2010 10:29:54 PM
by Dan J Kroll

Another primetime star will visit The Young and the Restless later this year -- and this one's a big one. David Hasselhoff will return to the show in June, which marks his first appearance since leaving the CBS soap in 1982. Hasselhoff is known for roles on Baywatch, Knight Rider, and America's Got Talent.

David Hasselhoff (Snapper Foster) is returning to The Young and the Restless this summer as part of the top-rated soap's plan to focus on the Foster family. And Hasselhoff isn't the only actor returning to help foster a little Foster love.

"In 1976, Bill Bell, creator of America's No. 1 soap opera, took a chance on a young and very green actor," Hasselhoff said in an exclusive statement to Entertainment Weekly. "Playing Snapper in 850 shows during the six years I appeared molded my craft, my attitude, and my work ethic. Being asked to come back to appear in several episodes gives me a chance to say thanks, as I have an amazing amount of respect and heartfelt emotion for Bill, his family and my time on Young and the Restless. I just hope I can remember all those lines."

It's been 28 years since Hasselhoff last appeared on daytime. When he exited the show in 1982, William "Snapper" Foster, Jr., left Genoa City to accept a three-month fellowship opportunity in London. He ended up relocating there permanently, and returned only briefly to Wisconsin in early 2003, when William Gray Espy, the actor who originated the role in 1973, made a surprise visit.

While Snapper has been off-screen for nearly three decades, Hasselhoff has been busy making a name for himself in numerous other projects. He will, however, perhaps be best known for two primetime projects. For four years in the mid-1980s, Hasselhoff portrayed Michael Knight opposite his mechanical co-star, K.I.T.T. the talking car, on Knight Rider. From 1989 to 2000, "The Hoff," as he's come to be known, starred as the oft-shirtless Mitch Buchannon on Baywatch.

More recently, Hasselhoff appeared for four seasons as a judge on the reality series, America's Got Talent.

Hasselhoff isn't the only Foster headed back to Genoa City. He'll be joined by his on-screen brother, Wings Hauser (Greg Foster), and Foster family member, Julianna McCarthy (Liz Foster Brooks). In a bit of interesting trivia, this will be the first time that Hasselhoff has worked with the actress who plays his fictional sister, Jess Walton (Jill Abbott). Walton joined the cast of The Young and the Restless in 1987 -- five years after Snapper was written out. It was daytime veteran Brenda Dickson who appeared as Jill during Hasselhoff's original run with the show.

Though no one will comment officially, it seems highly likely that Hasselhoff's return to daytime will be chronicled in his upcoming reality series. The still-untitled project will air later this year on A&E.

An exact first airdate has not yet been announced, though Hasselhoff is scheduled to report to the Y&R set next month. Those scenes will air sometime in mid-June.

Wow! What do you all think about that?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 26, 2010 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh good lord! But if they will end the bad story lines we have going with daisy and rider, I will be happy to see him.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, April 26, 2010 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
She’s had edgy roles (Blade Runner), dramatic turns (No Way Out) and primetime guest spots on series such as ER. But in her 30-year career, actress Sean Young has yet to grace the daytime screen.

But all that changes in mid-June when fans will see her make her soap debut on CBS’s The Young and the Restless, PEOPLE confirms.

Young begins taping her story arc in May when she will play Meggie, a sultry barmaid who gets tied up in a mystery with business tycoon Victor Newman (Eric Braeden). It’s a reunion for Young and Braeden as the pair filmed the Civil War drama The Man Who Came Back in 2007.

“Getting the chance to work with my dear friend Eric Braeden, one of the true gentlemen in entertainment, was certainly a deciding factor for me,” Young, 50, says, “as well as wanting to get back to work after taking a few years off to raise my kids.”

Although their roles will not overlap, Young comes to Y&R just before the return of David Hasselhoff to the soap that gave him his start 35 years ago, as reported on EW.com.

Young joins James Franco and Julianne Moore this year as film stars taking on soap opera parts. Franco appeared on General Hospital while Moore returned for a stint on As the World Turns.

Hasselhoff and Young, oh boy :P

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I hate the way the "other" Lauren talks. She makes her voice all deep and holds herself stiffly.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 6:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Me too, Mamie!!!! Isn't it fascinating that she can make her voice sound identical to Lauren's, even though she hadn't met her before? I guess the couples on this show (Jack/Emily, Michael/Lauren) don't have any inside jokes, private terms of endearment, meals together, or anything beyond a shallow physical relationship. Otherwise, the husbands would KNOW the phonies weren't their wives!

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
The funny thing is, if someone showed up looking just like my spouse and were acting wierd....Id be freaked....but I would not be thinking about a fake persona....Id be thinking 'What the F'.... so the fact that Michael has not had sex with her,....gives me hope.... I know...It just a little thing...but thank goodness he has not gone there.....

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
That's because he is our wonderful Michael!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
don't miss Monday's U.S. show, dang this is getting exciting.

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
Friday's cliffhangers were pretty intense ...

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They sure were!

Erniesgirl

06-26-2006

Sunday, May 02, 2010 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Erniesgirl a private message Print Post    
especially when you live in Canada and get the program a day early.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was glad that Michael recognized Lauren, but of course he would! He's our Michael!

I have to say that these past two episodes, the actor playing Ryder has shown more emotion than through his whole stint on the show. He actually made me feel sad.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Yes Mamie. Finally, Ryder awakened from his zombie state!!

There are so many humongous holes in these stories. It keeps me laughing. The scenes in the amusement park today were like an Alfred Hitchcock movie. I really enjoyed them despite the stupidity of most of it. Why would an abandoned park still have the power connected? The visuals of Murph, Mrs C and Kevin in the helicopter were pretty comical. I would love to have been able to watch Phyllis running through the woods on her crutches. lol

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 6:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Yes, we have the 80-year-old helicopter pilot. :-)

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
dang I felt bad for Ryder ... he's really no worse than Kevin or Michael used to be. Remember Kevin tried to kill Colleen and Michael raped Christine ... totally not angels ...

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Tuesday, May 04, 2010 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Great, I missed it and my DVR didn't record. Figures. lol

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
that's why I love soapnet, lol ... if I miss it during the week, I can watch it on the weekend as a last resort. I usually try to watch at 6, but if not, I'll watch at 11 during the week and then on Saturday night, they show the whole weeks worth in a row.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Ladytex, I love Soapnet. I was so glad when our cable company picked it up. On the days that I have a 3 year old here and have to watch Nickelodeon or Sprout, I can catch Y&R at 7 at night.

Pashine362

08-20-2005

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pashine362 a private message Print Post    
Without Soapnet, I wouldn't be able to watch Y&R due to work. I love it too!

Mickiej

07-26-2004

Friday, May 07, 2010 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mickiej a private message Print Post    
Ditto on Soapnet! It was about time they remembered about the thousands of working women (and some guys) that love to stay up with their favorites soaps.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Monday, May 10, 2010 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
My lord....Jack, figure it out....Patty is a mess....
So is Jenna gonna go all nuts now like she was befor the other operation...?...goodness, I hope not...some people never get a rest...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 10, 2010 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I haven't seen the show, but shouldn't Jack notice the "cat scratch" on Emily (Patty).