TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 17, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 17, 2010 users admin

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 3:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
disturbing that this kind of stuff goes on. I think that it was an important show in many ways. Our society seems to feel that a woman is not going to be the one who steals away a child but truthfully, it is getting more common.

Duggar was taken by a husband wife team. Bernardo and holmolka would rape, torture and kill young girls. SHE was the one who would pick them out.

On the show i was not sure about sexual abuse. My impression was that the woman was the sicko and the husband was going along with it cause he got off on it.

One HUGE vague gaping error seems to be WHY were those people even ON the list that was being researched??? i got the impression that a list was dregged up involving couples who had records with child services. Howver, the couple HAD no kids. so that makes ZERO sense.

the other thing that makes no sense is one boy is beaten to death for trying to protect the girl, yet the other boy is caught taking pictures AGAIN and they do nothing AND let him keep the pics.

unlikely.

maybe its me, but i've noticed that this season of Criminal minds is NOT up to snuff. the writing is just not as good.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, March 10, 2010 - 11:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Can someone tell me how tonights episode ended? I had a phone call and missed it. The last thing I saw was the little girl talking to her daddy over the radio.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
The daddy let the woman get out of the truck and then shot himself.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, March 11, 2010 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Thank you, Rosie! And ack! I didn't expect that!

Zeno39

11-09-2002

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 1:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeno39 a private message Print Post    
I don't think anyone did! He knew that he had gone as far as he could go, and was trapped, per se. So there wasn't anything else he could do to save the situation. So he took the easy (hard) way out, depending on how you look at it.
The one I felt sorry for was the child.

I don't think I can trust a truck driver anymore. I have seen too many stories about killer truck drivers. I am not putting them down. It just scares me to the point that I get nervous if I am near them. Even the sci-fi channel has made the drivers look bad.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
How did the dad know that the police and FBI was in the house when he went to get his daughter? I keep rewinding, but I can't tell what he saw that gave it away.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
First he saw a man peaking around the side of the house. That tipped him off. Then he could clearly see other people with his daughter as they showed her thru the living room window.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks Gidget. I saw later that the daughter could be seen thru the window with others, but when he first pulled up and looked toward the car, I couldn't tell what he'd seen to tip him off. I didn't know he saw someone peaking around. I watched the show this morning on the computer so it was kind of hard to tell on the screen. Thanks.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
I just looked at it online and you can barely see a person in dark clothing as the truck driver looks behind him at the left corner of the house.

Maybe my eyes played tricks on me but I remember watching the show, a person partial come around the corner and then duck back just as he was watching.

Could have something to do with editting or the size of the screen cutting off a part of the film.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Yes, after you told me how he knew, I figured that it might have been cut off my screen or I just may have missed it. Thanks for letting me know, because I just could not figure it out. LOL

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
On my screen it was very clear that he saw somebody in dark clothing duck back behind the side of the house, and that is what tipped him off. I still have an old analog television.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Friday, March 12, 2010 - 9:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
The funny thing Ahnicka is I could not swear to what I saw after watching it both on TV and the computer. I would not make much of an eye witness apparently because I can't be sure I saw him for real or my mind said he was there.

Geri

07-08-2003

Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Geri a private message Print Post    
Am I the only one who is not happy watching really creepy killers week after week? A serial killer can't be a just a serial killer, he has to be a perverted or sadistic serial killer. I stopped watching after about 15 minutes this week and it isn't the first time.

Dolphinschild

06-21-2006

Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dolphinschild a private message Print Post    
Actually the only way his daughter could talk to him on the radio is if someone was with her, she didn't have a cb in the house. So that tipped him off the moment he heard her voice on the CB radio.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Really creepy killers is sort of the premise of the show. If they were not really bad killers, the BAU would not get called in. I don't expect that format to change.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Saturday, March 13, 2010 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
LOL Gidget! Too funny! Apparently, I wouldn't make a very good eyewitness either! I can't even see what's right on the computer screen! LOL

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
ya its weird about eye witnessing. its one of the reasons the police/ court try to use other forms of evidence.

Nothing to do wth the show but my sister and I were broadsided by a drunk driver. Demolished our vehicle. We had conflicting 'eye witness' information. She thought it was green, i would have sworn on a stack of Bibles it ws Blue. We both agreed it was a truck tho.

Luckily there was an offduty police officer in a car passing by that witnessed it. They caught the guy driving down a few streets. he was so drunk he didnt know he hit anyone.

Anyways, weird that even COLOUR perception was affected by the stress of the accident.

i can imagine Eye witness of rapes or beatings must be just as unreliable.

Zeno39

11-09-2002

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeno39 a private message Print Post    
Yes, the first tip was that he saw someone in black and they quickly jumped out of sight. But it was too late, because he had already seen them.

And, Geri, I agree with you totally. It is getting to be too much of watching creepy killers each week. By the same token, that is what the show is about, trying to solve what goes on in the criminal's mind. You can either put up with it and try to solve along with them, or just give it up. You know?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I stopped watching my recordings of this show first thing in the morning. I'll watch one or two others, and then usually watch this during lunch. I like how they usually manage to catch the bad guy, but the monstrosities that humans can render to their fellow mankind can be frightful sometimes.

Even more so lately, since those two teenagers who were abducted and killed here are constantly in the news. While I feel bad, I think coverage of the crimes and the constant memorials they are televising on the news are as bad as the constant coverage of the twin towers falling. Ever day, every newscast and every newspaper, there's additional coverage. I was glad to be out of town most of last week so I missed most of it, and whenever it's on I now change the channel. (Partly because I think they've gone overboard on coverage. Two white teenage girls abducted and killed. Yes, it's tragic. But what about when an AA girl goes missing or is killed? A Latina? They don't get the same amount of coverage -- nor do they get the same amount of search resources applied -- and it's getting irritating how often their parents are doing press conferences and the press is there.)

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
But what about when an AA girl goes missing or is killed? A Latina? They don't get the same amount of coverage -- nor do they get the same amount of search resources applied

This is so very true, Costa. It needed repeating.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ahnicka. I hesitated writing that, but it's been very obvious here, lately.

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Costa,
I will say that I do think its very important to teach the young folks, when they are at the age of wanting to be grown up and being their own person... to not be so trusting, to buddy up, if they see a freind wander off alone..try to stop them... Its so sad that you cant walk down the street or jog in the park...
I think young folks need to learn how to protect them selfs .... Its as importand as sex ed in my opinion....
For every color,race and gender... as you said, we only hear about a select few, but it happens every day.... very sad.

Sunshyne4u

06-17-2003

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
I will say that I do think its very important to teach the young folks, when they are at the age of wanting to be grown up and being their own person... to not be so trusting, to buddy up

Awfully hard to do considering the cellphones, texting and computer chatting kids do now....completely with their busy parents approval. When i was a kid we would NEVER think about talking to a stranger, how does a parent instill that same Fear into a child who routinely talks to "Strangers" online??

we live in a diff world now. Both parents working (rare in my area back in the 70s) and they are too busy to do family activity. People i know are HAPPY to get the kids OUT Of their Hair and in the back room playing video games or online.

just the way it is now.

AND canada covers all races equally. In a matter of fact we rarely know what race a person is unless it is pertinent info for recognition. ie/ wearing a red shirt with a blue turban

i think it might be just a USA problem in the media.

Serate

08-21-2001

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Serate a private message Print Post    
AND canada covers all races equally. In a matter of fact we rarely know what race a person is unless it is pertinent info for recognition. ie/ wearing a red shirt with a blue turban

What does wearing a blue turban have to do with race?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Usually only one or two ethnic groups wear turbans in Canada, mainly one, people from India. When I see people in my town (US) wearing turbans, I usually, rightly or wrongly, assume they are down shopping from Canada, which seems to have a large population of people whose ancestors originated in India.

I actually do not know what race a person from India would put on a form asking for race. I pretty much do not believe in race, as it is becoming more apparent we are all from Africa and then had pigment adaptations occur depending on where our ancestors migrated.