TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 04, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : ARCHIVES: Archive through March 04, 2010 users admin

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
I hope you are right Mamie.
I would be delighted for either of my fave new shows to win.

(but I also enjoy 30 Rock)

Mods, may I trouble you to delete my double post?
TIA.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, January 17, 2010 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
This was renewed! YAH for ABC for sticking with a show for more than the first 3 eps!

I havent seen all of the eps but the few I have seen are so funny. I love the actors and the writing is really good. So glad to see Ty on another show, I loved him in Back to You....another show that was cancelled too soon!

Spelll

09-16-2005

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spelll a private message Print Post    
This the only comedy that I laugh out loud when I watch it. Great comedy writing.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
This, Big bang, and Cougartown have me LOL.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yes I am loving Cougartown too! Modern is my new fav comedy, I like it even more than Bang

Yankee_in_ca

08-01-2000

Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yankee_in_ca a private message Print Post    
Agreed. Modern Family is something special. Love how they wrap so many themes in to one 30 min episode.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Oh, this show makes me laugh so much. I like everyone on it. The writing is good, but the delivery by the actors is even better. Usually I hate repeats, but right now am watching an episode I have already seen (the Spandau Ballet one) and probably laughing more than the first time.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I had to rewound a couple times because I was laughing so hard at the gym scenes!!

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I had never seen that episode either. Was that Edward Norton????

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
The 2nd episode last night (the new one) actually made me nearly hyperventilate. When Claire called Phil "Mario" I nearly fell off my chair.

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I loved Minnie Drivers necklace.

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
Yes, that was Edward Norton. I didn't recognize him the first time I saw it. I kept saying "Is that really a Spandau Ballet guy?

I think one reason another reason I laughed so hard was that sometimes I am a bad gift giver. At least for my mom and my godson....I never seem to give her anything she likes! It's fumble after fumble.

I haven't seen the new one yet....but it is DVR'd and will probably be seen today.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
the actor's expressions on this show are gold! The teen girl's expression when dad explains his moustach...pure gold!

Scout

01-20-2005

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Pamy - they do have some amazing expressions.
I think Cam is my favorite, but there's really no character I don't like. At first, I wasn't too sure about the dad, but he just gets funnier every episode.
And I adore Manny.
It's been a long time since we've laughed out loud so many times during a show.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
another line that killed me was when she said she broke up with Dylan and the dad said he would have to text him later, the way she looked at the camera! LMAO!!

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Manny is so cute. I loved when he tried to explain to his uncle about his mother's driving.

Scout

01-20-2005

Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Twiggyish -Manny was trying so hard to be covert about it all - lol
Pamy - that line about the texting was my son's favorite line.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, February 06, 2010 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Reruns -- four episodes opposite the Super Bowl tomorrow. So I'm watching Modern Family.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, February 07, 2010 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
thanks for heads up, I came late to this so they may be new for me :-)

fyi for us westies MF starts at 8pm and I think there are 4 eppies!

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just watched the episode with with David Brenner. I don't think that guy changes. I swear he looked and sounded the same as when I was a little kid and saw him on TV in the 70s. (except for the grey)

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I hadnt heard his name for years. I guess he just does comedy concerts and no tv lately

Scout

01-20-2005

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Naja - I was thinking the same thing - how can he not have aged? He seems exactly the same to me, too.
And Pamy, you must be right because I can't even remember the last time I heard his name.

Funny episode. Can't miss with scenes that include Manny and Cam.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Lilly was so cute as a cupid..LOl Gotta love Cam!

Scout

01-20-2005

Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
This has to be one of the funniest comedy shows ever. I just love the characters. Haven't seen a disappointing episode yet.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I agree, Scout!