TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 18, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 18, 2010 users admin

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Did he leave Chicago Hope or was he written out? I know about half-way through the series most of the original's were completely written out and Mandy was downplayed to an occasional appearance and then he was gone too. That's when I stopped watching, it just turned into yet another soap opera. Also, he didn't really leave Dead Like Me either, it got cancelled. Let's make sure we tsk him for the right stuff. LOLOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rissa, Patinkin left in the middle of the second season.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Sorry Lexie but Mandy was in Chicago Hope from the beginning to the end in varying degrees. He was spotty in the middle years then back to being a regular for the last 2 years. Or did you mean Dead Like Me? I am pretty sure he was in every episode of that one as well, he just didn't do the follow-up movie if I am correct.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Patakin left Chicago Hope on his own volition - he said it was to spend more time with his family.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 9:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna, you just saved me from asking another question, LOL. I thought your statement about him not understanding why people would watch something so dark and having a hard time with the character was in reference to Chicago Hope. I now see you must have meant that about Criminal Minds.

Acting must really be intense for some actors then. I thought on Criminal Minds he was playing a person who catches bad guys, not the part of a serial killer who has to get into the mind frame of a real killer. Seems to be a difference to me, but like I mentioned before, maybe he's just really sensitive, and I'm sure it probably takes a lot more than what I think.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I think he was playing the role of a person who has to get into the mind of serial killers - that's what Criminal Minds is all about. Often the show touches on how hard the job is on these tv FBIers. How it can be emotionally overwhelming, and how they deal with that.

But mostly (to me) it sounded like he had trouble with how many people *like* to watch tv that is about some of the worst of humanity.

To me, the fascination is not the killer, but in understanding how bent minds work, and perhaps the hopefulness that in gaining more understanding, we can prevent more death.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
To me, the fascination is not the killer, but in understanding how bent minds work, and perhaps the hopefulness that in gaining more understanding, we can prevent more death.

I agree, human behavior fascinates me. Interesting that he took the perspective of it from the more negative end as opposed to how you stated; as well as for me it helps to highlight the type of people out in the world that preys on you and allows one to be more aware, cautious, and prepared in the event something like this occurs in one's own life. In helpinh to understand their mind, it can help prevent as you stated; in addition, to perhaps saving yourself if in the predicament.

I guess Patinkin could never play a character on "Dexter" then, not even for one episode. LOL

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Rissa, according to this link, Patinkin left Chicago Hope (which debuted in 1994) in the middle of its second season to "spend more time with his family." He did not return to the show until 1999 and the show was canceled in 2000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandy_Patinkin

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I love this show and watch it more than anything else on TV right now due to the cable syndication. I like how the team interacts with each other, even better than NCIS. And I like dark subject matter, ain't no lie!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I just like watching the good guys catch the bad guys...no matter how bad they are, they always get caught. I also like watching Shemar.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Actually the subject matter gives me the willies and I really don't like to watch it if I am home alone.

I watch for the cast. I like every last one of them and I like the ones that are no longer on the show. Awesome casting and eye candy.

Now if they would just stop putting them in a room full of cops and having everyone read one or two lines about each crime/criminal type, it would be the perfect show.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Now if they would just stop putting them in a room full of cops and having everyone read one or two lines about each crime/criminal type, it would be the perfect show.

Hahaha, you notice that too?! I just started noticing it and was thinking why do they do that?! I can see if each of them are lecturing on a different indepth aspect of the Unsub, but I mean a line or two? Odd, LOL. It's been standing out a lot to me lately, but I still LOVE the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Gidget, I am the same way, I always tape it and watch in the bright Saturday morning sunshine, just in case is it too creepy. I don't want to scare myself silly before I go to sleep.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
The one episode set on pig farm in Ontario was especially creepy

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Eww Nyheat, I was going to say the same thing. It's the one episode that comes right to mind that really got to me more than the others.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
The pig farm episode gave me the heebie-jeebies. It was extremely disturbing.

Holly

07-22-2001

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Holly a private message Print Post    
I believe that was based on a true story too. Shudder.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Holly, I think you are correct.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the pig farm episode was based on a Canadian serial killer who was also a pig farmer. Although I think the pig farming was the only similarity, as they made the story on the episode more complex than the real story.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yep, the pig farmers were right up in my neck of the woods, British Columbia.

Those police briefings are surreal with each of them giving a line of the profile. Something like that would take a rehearsal, and we never see them rehearsing of deciding who is going to cover which aspect. I find the Dr. Reid character quite endearing.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 11:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else noticing that the Ion network keeps showing the same episodes over and over or am I imagining it?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Over and over and over. You're not imagining it, Ahnicka. The other station (what is it, tnt?) is almost as bad about repeating the same ones over and over.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
So many great episodes and they want to show the same ones repitiously. What a waste.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 3:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
A&E is the other channel and yes they are as bad as ION,I DVR the A&E and I have to always delete about 90% of them cause there the same ones over and over,not sure why they always choose to show the same ones??

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Thursday, February 18, 2010 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Wow, last night I totally massacred the word repetitiously.

Was JJ not part of the original team or not an original cast member on the show? For some reason I had thought she was. I caught an old episode and noticed that although they didn't speak to the media which is usually JJ's job, I saw Elle comforting the family which is also usually JJ's role.