TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Days of Our Lives: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 05, 2010 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I'm thinking it's actually MELANIE who's Mia's daughter- wasn't there a connection between Frankie (Max's older brother) and Carlie?

Not sure about it being Bo's daughter. They haven't said one way or the other, so it's still up in the air.

LOVE having Anna back - not sure about her as the 'bad gal' - but I always enjoy having her on my screen. :-)

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I am guessing that it's Melanie and that some time in the past that Carly and Daniel may have hooked up....

I read that Lucas' contract is up in 2010...I know his story lines have been pretty wimpy lately but I always hoped for a reunion with him and Sami!

I like having Anna back too!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Based on today's preview of tomorrow, it looks like Carlie knows Rafe, too - lots of possibility for a kid there since he was FBI and presumably sent all over the world.

Mush

09-09-2002

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
Carly saved Rafe's life a few months ago when she pulled him from the water. At the time there wasn't any sign that she recognized him from an earlier time.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Wednesday, December 23, 2009 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
Oh boy. Usually I can go a year and feel like I haven't missed anything. I miss a few weeks and yikes!

You're right, Teach. Aren't Frankie and Carly siblings or cousins? Wouldn't Carly have known that Trent was not a good parent? Or maybe it was when he was good Trent,not professor Trent.

Panda, where does Daniel fit into this?

I missed not having X-Mas at Alice's this year! The decoration hanging just wasn't the same. I guess in this recession, TPTB eliminated the Horton house set!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, December 24, 2009 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Whoops - you're right, Mush. Totally hadn't thought that Carly knew Rafe from his little "swimming" expedition. DUH! Let's just chalk that up to vacation brain, shall we? LOL

Daniel and Carlie worked together before and she introduced him to his wife, Nancy.

I'm thinking Carlie and Frankie were siblings - so presumably she'd know Trent was not a "good guy" - but that would make her and Melanie sisters, then - right? (Yikes- now I've confused myself!)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, December 25, 2009 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Okay - Doug went out to "help" Alice in for the Horton Christmas. Did they just leave her in the kitchen???? I completely understand if she can't actually be there because of her age, health, etc. but to act as if she were there but not show her was just ridiculous, IMHO. :-(

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 26, 2009 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I have been wondering why she never was shown, I mean why go out to get her and never show her. It was too weird.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Monday, December 28, 2009 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
Okay, I'm totally confused. how were Frankie and Carley connected? And Vivian keeps talking about Carley having "another child". Did she ever have a first child?

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Monday, December 28, 2009 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
Alright, I researched and answered my own question. I'd totally forgotten that Carly and Lawrence had a son, Nikki. Did Carly mention him when she returned? I'm thinking that because we're being led to believe Mia (one of the most boring characters on the show IMHO) is her daughter, that it will be Melanie. I hope so anyway.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
While I like Carly, and I'm not necessarily upset that she and Bo hooked up, I am totally, completely, thoroughly disgusted with Hope. She's acting like a spoiled brat and a prima donna. She moved out, she was the one who said they had all these problems, she was the one who, at least at first, refused to talk about things, and NOW she's calling Carly names?

Sweetheart - if you hadn't moved out, none of this would have happened.

I usually love Hope as a character, but she is driving me bonkers lately!

However, I am lovin' EJ and Anna in cahoots. They're not quite the caliber of funny that Vivian and Victor are, but all four of them are brightening up my screen. :-)

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
During Hope and Carly's exchange yesterday I kept flip flopping, first I was on Hope's side then I was on Carly's side! good job, ladies! haha

The scenes with Hope/Maggie were great - too bad it was so sad!

I always love when Victor is on and twice as fun with Viv!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Ok -confirmed in today's show that Melanie is Carly's daughter, even though they were protraying Mia as daughter. Soooo -- I went back in to Dustin's archives to figure out family.

Frankie IS Carly's brother, but MAX was NOT biologically related to Frankie. F was just helping M run away from Trent and the Bradys adopted them both. Since Melanie is Max's sister, she is NOT Frankie's (and thus Carly's) sister.

If she is Max's sister - and Carly's daughter - does that mean Carly had an affair with Trent?

Bicbicz911

08-20-2005

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bicbicz911 a private message Print Post    
Teach, when Carly talked about losing her daughter, she referred to Lawrence giving her to "that man". I think "that man" will turn out to be the sleaze Trent.

Since Carly and Daniel have established they had a relationship years ago at medical conventions, fan speculation is that Daniel might actually turn out to be Melanie's father.

I've been a Bo/Hope fan as long as I can remember....since we all were kids! But I'm enjoying the Bo/Carly reunion, I remember those days as well. And Hope is being a complete shrew these days, and acting like some kind of robotic impersonator of the real Hope.

Seriously, if you constantly belittle your partner, telling him how lacking he is in every single way, and move out on him, don't be surprised when he turns for comfort to someone who makes him feel like a hero.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Shoot- don't be surprised when he turns to someone who will kiss him AND sleep with him! LOL

I thought Carly introduced Daniel to his wife (who died)...hadn't thought they were in a relationship. However, we all know that even dead isn't dead in soap land, so anything is possible!

I keep getting chuckles at them stashing Alice in various rooms without ever showing her. :-) And I liked seeing Melissa back today, too - although I did do a bit of a double-take at Nathan's "Mommy" -- he's a grown man/doctor and he's saying Mommy???

Soap land - the best place for escape!

Sia

03-10-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Ah, now it makes sense that Carly's daughter would turn out to be Melanie rather than Mia, because Vivian has sworn to hurt/kill Carly's child. If it's Melanie, she can't do that because Vivian truly loves Phillip. I don't THINK she would hurt the child she carried (although she stole the embryo and isn't his biological mother) by killing his fiancee/wife.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, January 15, 2010 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Poor Alice!!

Also if Daniel turns out to be Mel's dad- Victor might not want to hurt her since he is Daniel's godfather.

If Trent is not really Mel's dad then her and Max are not brother and sister! whoops!

Msbullwnkl

08-16-2005

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 9:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
Frances Reid passed away at age 95 on February 3.

LINK to Soap Opera Digest

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I hope they give her a wonderful tribute.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Awe I haven't watched Days for years, but I will always remember Alice and her donuts. :-(

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
God bless Alice and her donuts, she was the heart and soul of that show.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
:-( I will deeply miss her. Her absence at Christmas this year (not to mention the continued loss of Dr. Tom at the reading of the Christmas story) was acute.

They need to dedicate an ENTIRE show to the lovely Mrs. Reid - including many wonderful flashbacks from her lifetime on the show. Anything else smacks of a lack of class on the show's part.

Angelicfairies2

07-19-2004

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
May she Rest in Peace. She lived a very long life, may God Bless her and I agree she better get one helluva a tribute.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
here is a fan tribute

http://www.jason47.com/days/francesreidtribute.html

Sia

03-10-2002

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I hope the show will give Frances Reid the dignity of a real funeral on the show. Mickey's "funeral" a week or so ago was not what I would have expected at all for such an important core character like Mickey Horton. Mickey (the character)'s mother, Alice Horton, is a treasure and should be memorialized properly.

Her doughnuts recipe used to be found on-line at one of the DOOL fan-sites, or on the official Days site; I forget which. I never made the doughnuts myself, but I used to have a copy of the recipe.

Ingredients:

2 eggs
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of milk
5 tablespoons melted shortening
1-teaspoon vanilla extract
4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted before measuring
4 teaspoons baking powder
½-teaspoon salt
1 stick butter, melted
Cinnamon Sugar

In a large bowl, beat the eggs until foamy. Gradually add sugar, beating constantly.
Stir in milk, shortening and vanilla.

Sift together flour,baking powder and salt.
Add to the wet ingredients, mixing well.
Cover and chill the dough for 30 minutes to one
hour for easier handling.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Spray baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.

Roll out or pat the dough on a lightly floured board to a half inch thickness. Cut with a doughnut cutter. Place the doughnuts and holes on
the baking sheet, about one inch apart. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Brush each doughnut and doughnut holes with melted butter and roll in Cinnamon Sugar to coat all sides.

Makes about 36 doughnuts.

Cinnamon Sugar:

1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, blending well.