TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 17, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Criminal Minds: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 17, 2010 users admin

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 - 12:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Shemar...sigh.

You're welcome, Kmm.

I kinda like Prentiss, took awhile but she's cool. Rossi though I've never been able to warm up to. He's just so abrupt most the time.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 10:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
This episode tonight (haven't finished watching yet) is freaky.

Kinda nice to see Johnathon Frakes (who will always be Will Riker like Garcia's bf will always be Xander) on tonight's show. Er, except for his character being a creep!

Landileigh

07-29-2002

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
freaky yes, but i felt so sorry for that girl. she had her life ripped from her by her father.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 5:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I must have completely missed something on the show. What happened three months earlier that made this girl start abducting these women? Did her father take away her dolls?

Texannie

07-16-2001

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
loved Reed in this episode!!!
she walked in on her dad with another little girl. he had given the dolls to her to play with.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, January 14, 2010 - 5:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Okay, thanks Tex.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Ok so i'm a little late to the party but this is my favorite show on right now.I try and watch all the reruns,the episode where Hotch's wife gets killed was soooooo sad.Just 1 question did Gideon kill himself?Or did he just disappear?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here ya go:

http://www.tvaholic.com/2008/06/20/what-happened-to-gideon-on-criminal-minds-and-more-questions-answered/

What happened to Gideon on Criminal Minds? Why did he leave? I did not know that he left the show. Is he dead on the show?

Guess you didn’t watch this past season. Mandy Patinkin, who played Jason Gideon, quit. He didn’t show up for the first day of shooting. He said he left due to “creative differences.” It took the producers and rest of the cast by surprise. They had to do some serious scrambling to rewrite episodes that had already been written and included the Gideon character. They didn’t kill him off though, he filmed a couple of scenes and Gideon was last seen leaving a roadside store and driving off in the first episode of season three. You can read this story at TV Squad for more details.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mandy Patinkin also had "issues" when he was on Chicago Hope. After Chicago Hope and now Criminal Minds, I would be surprised if anyone would cast him on a series.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I remember when the whole Criminal Minds fiasco happened, Mandy Patinkin really left them in a bind and he gave no indication that there was a problem. It really shocked the cast and crew. Does anyone know if Patinkin has any known mental challenges? He's such a great actor, but he's developing a bit of a reputation with the way he leaves shows high and dry without notice, I've always wondered if there was some sort of logical explanation for it.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
thanks for the info,I remember hearing about it but didn't really pay any attention cause I didn't watch the show then,and it's hard to follow along sometimes cause when they repeat episodes on ION or A&E they don't always go in order and I had yet to see the 1st episode of season 3.

Whoami

08-03-2001

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Mandy Patinkin also left Dead Like Me. Don't know if he had "issues" then or what. IMDB shows he was in all 29 episodes of DLM. But I swear I remember at the end that he wasn't there, and the Reapers were freaking out cause he was missing.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Whoami, Mandy was in all the episodes of "Dead Like Me". He just didn't return to do the movie.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 5:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Mictay, I just started watching Criminal Minds last season so I started watching the marathons on A&E and ION to catch up. But they do air them way out of order and that used to drive me crazy. One episode is season three, the next is season one... and so on and so forth.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
I am not sure about the no-warning part. I remember Mandy doing an interview MONTHS before he left the show in which he said that it was getting increasingly difficult to put himself in that mindset every day. He said that having to think about the evil that it out there was wearing on his soul and he didn't think he could do it much longer. Not saying he couldn't have left in a better manner but I can't believe the show didn't have an inkling that something was up since the rest of the world had access to that information.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that information Rissa, I hadn't heard that part. I only read about the crew responding to how they had no idea that he wasn't going to be returning for another season, and how the cast was shocked by it.

Rissa

03-19-2006

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
NP Ahnicka. Like I said, I am not defending Patinkin, he was definately in the wrong in the way he left. The word *diva* seems appropriate. LOL I just find it hard to believe the studio was completely blindsided. If they were, they should have been keeping their eyes and ears a bit more open because the rumours were swirling for most of his last season.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 8:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I read the same things Rissa did. That he was having a hard time with the subject material of the show.

My question is, if he was that squeamish, why did he do the show to begin with? Did he not realize what the show was going to be about? I've always liked him as an actor, and I hope he can find something more up his alley.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
Do any of you know his reasons for leaving his other show? Chicago Hope was it?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He was having a hard time personally being that character, but he was also having a hard time understanding why people watch something so dark for entertainment. I think he just wanted to do something that he felt brightened the world, rather than showing its worst side.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
So he chooses a Reaper, and then a BAU agent? Strange. I still like him, though. I think he brings a lot to every role he plays.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-31-2000

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
WEll, I got the feeling that it was something that dawned on him over time, that it wasn't the kind of thing he wanted to give the world.

Ahnicka

08-08-2007

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ahnicka a private message Print Post    
I never saw Chicago Hope, was it a "dark" show?

Maybe, he's just a really sensitive person.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 4:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Lexie I watch reruns on A&E but they play the same episodes over and over,drives me nuts,lol.I did buy season 1($15 bucks at walmart) but the other seasons are way to high for me,I have watched a couple episodes on Tvshack though.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, February 17, 2010 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Ahnicka, Chicago Hope wasn't a "dark" show. It was just another show set in a hospital and Patinkin played a doctor.