TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 11, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 11, 2010 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
According to answers.com you can but generally the other party has to ask for it. This judge never even revealed (directly) the verdict but instead inserted his own.

The other side can then appeal.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My memory is bad. IIRC, a few years ago there was a nationally publicized trial where this happened. I don't remember . . . . That was the first I'd heard of such a thing.

Good episode. More stuff coming out about the Floreks and the Chiles. Hmmmmm.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's what I was thinking too: appeal. But now that the guy has his daughter back, maybe they have a whole different case? Good episode, but very sad. What a scumbag that Roscoe guy was. Kind of reminded me of a male Nancy Grace--not that Nancy is a scumbag, but she does tend to make decisions about people before all the facts are in.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"Kind of reminded me of a male Nancy Grace--not that Nancy is a scumbag, but she does tend to make decisions about people before all the facts are in."

Babyjaxmom, this episode appeared to be based on a situation that directly involved Nancy Grace. She aggressively questioned a woman whose baby had disappeared....and she did so in an extremely accusatory tone. The distraught mother killed herself the next day and to make it worse, her network, HLN (Headline News Network) had the callousness to air that interview on the very day the woman committed suicide.

I've only seen maybe 5 minutes of her show a couple of times and I can't stand listening to her! I find her to be inordinately angry and even cruel when she makes her mind up that someone is guilty of something. Like the callous character in last night's "The Good Wife", Grace seems to make up her own mind what the "truth" is before she has all the facts and then she attacks anyone that disagrees.

--------

Nancy Grace Interview Contributed To Melinda Duckett Suicide, Professor Says

"OCALA, Fla. — A Harvard professor says CNN Headline News host Nancy Grace's relentless questioning of a Florida mother three years ago contributed to her suicide, according to a filing in the family's wrongful death case.

Grace launched aggressive nightly coverage of 2-year-old Trenton Duckett's case shortly after he disappeared in 2006, usually with a collection of analysts. When the boy's mother, Melinda Duckett, appeared by telephone two weeks into the case, speculation was beginning to narrow on her possible involvement.

Dr. Harold J. Bursztajn, a clinical professor of psychiatry, wrote in a filing this week. that Grace "struck a highly accusatory tone."

The professor saw "a distraught young woman who is subject to repeated and increasingly sharp questioning by a hostile interviewer who displays increasing suspicion and anger towards Ms. Duckett."

The next day, the 21-year-old Duckett shot herself in the head.

"Her apparently unanticipated public humiliation on the nationally televised program in question was a substantial contributing cause of her suicide," Bursztajn wrote.

The family claims Grace's questioning, along with the network's decision to air the pre-taped interview the day Duckett committed suicide, inflicted severe emotional distress.

Grace and the network have denied any involvement in the suicide, and a CNN spokeswoman declined comment on the filing.

Trenton has still not been found, and Duckett is the only suspect."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/06/nancy-grace-interview-con_n_381846.html

-------------------------

Another link about this case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Grace#Suicide_of_interviewee_Melinda_Duckett

Scout

01-20-2005

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I agree and can't stand to listen to Nancy Grace. All she does is sneer and talk loudly and sarcastically over everyone. She makes up her mind about something, never wavers, and never lets up, and going after mothers whose children have disappeared seems to be her favorite storyline.
I agree they had to have based this character/storyline on her.

I wish we had found out more about what exactly was on the computer that the divorced lady was referring to. When Margulies mentioned it to her husband, you could see the wheels turning as if he suddenly had some big advantage. There had to be more than just the wire-tapping.

I love Christine Baranski.

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Thursday, January 07, 2010 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
I like Christine Baranski too... I loved hearing her laughing as the credits rolled about her being the closeted lesbian

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
hmm....what's Kalinda up to?

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
very good question ...

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
She's playing both sides? Just working for herself?

I think The Good Wife is the best new drama of this TV season on network TV. I don't get cable or satellite.

Scout

01-20-2005

Wednesday, January 13, 2010 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I agree, Colordeagua. This show is outstanding.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
So, I really like this show, but I think they have too much makeup on Julianne Margulis. They need to soften her makeup a bit.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I agree about her makeup. Too dark and hard-edged.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 04, 2010 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I noticed that last night for the first time too. They need to soften it a little. It makes her look old (maybe that's what they're going for since she's supposed to be under so much stress?).

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
LOL @ #12!

as soon as she said that, with the emphasis on #12, I knew she was talking about the judge! ROFL!

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, February 09, 2010 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good one tonight !

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Very good! Loved the way they showed her testifying with the judges face in the same frame.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
OK, I admit I am confused. How did the #12 refer to the judge?

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
She set it up by saying that she investigated political figures and judges. Then the look on the judge's face while she was describing the background of #12 and the fact that he couldn't wait to shut her up.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well, the judge was in "Animal House" ! Or, at least, the actor was.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Thanks. That went completely over my head.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That was awesome! I love Kalinda!!!

When Florek was testifying on the stand that he'd had 18 encounters with the prostitutes (how could he be so stupid???), I felt so bad for Felicia. No wonder she made up a bed in the storage room. I wouldn't want him in my bed either after that! What a scumbag!

Stoned Carey was hilarious!

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I think the judge was Peter Reigert. I loved Animal House. Stoned Cary was funny. When he reached out to stroke her scarf and she moved his hand away it was funny but also kinda sweet.

Angelicfairies2

07-19-2004

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
This show really is outstanding!!

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
What's with the dates here in this thread? Am I seeing things? Is it just my Mac? Look upthread at post dates -- some are Wednesday, January 13, 2010. Huh? If they're supposed to be January 3, they're still not in order.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Thursday, February 11, 2010 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
My calendar shows January 13 as a Wednesday; January 3 was a Sunday.