TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 05, 2010 users admin

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, January 22, 2010 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Yay...
- They didn't Have Christina and McArmy breakup.
- Izzie is going away!
- and sad that the chief was turned in

BOO
- McSteamy getting mad at Lil Gray
- Gray and Derick being all weird at the end.

Weird
- Chicken pox and being quarantined in the hospital? do they really do that?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, January 22, 2010 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Everyone on the show ticked me off last night. God, I hope it's not jumping the shark. They were all portrayed as a bunch of arrogant idiots all thinking of only themselves. I know it's always been that way, but it was magnified last night. I really found myself hating that episode.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Friday, January 22, 2010 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Gurliegirl, I felt the same way. :-( I know there needs to be conflict to keep things interesting, but it seems to be turning into all conflict all the time.

The chickenpox story was stupid to me. Who in the world gets admitted to the hospital for that, unless they have a rare, severe complication? When my girls had chickenpox, they felt ill before the pox were evident and they didn't need anyone to point them out because the intense itch was there as soon as the pox appeared.

I miss the stories from the first season, the ones where Bailey taught and fought to keep those interns in line.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Friday, January 22, 2010 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
So is Katherine Heigel / Izzie back or gone or what? After last night's episode seemed she will be gone, but things could change. I thought Katherine Heigel was supposed to be back permanently sometime after the holidays.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, January 22, 2010 - 5:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
When you get Chicken Pox as an adult it is much more complicated than as a child. It can easily turn to shingles, and be extremely painful and highly contagious.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Friday, January 22, 2010 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I have had chickenpox and shingles and wasn't hospitalized either time, so I just didn't get it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Arizona said it was because she was already in the hospital and if she left she would contaminate everything in her path.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Roxip. I missed that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't watch the first part of the show until Saturday so it was fresh on my mind...LOL!

Mak1

08-12-2002

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Oh. Well, that would help, lol.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Okay, I've hardly ever watched the show, but caught a few of the eps on sunday night (thank you insomnia). I have no idea how old they are, but I was confused over the relationship with McDreamy and that one student doc. They had a dog together, which they had to put down. But his wife is there? So, the wife knows they had a fling? and a dog together? Where was the wife during the fling? Have I missed so much that I should just watch informercials the next time insomnia hits on a sunday night? LOL.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
very old episodes......LOL
McDreamy was married to Addison Montgomery, but before the show started she had an affair with McSteamy. McDreamy meets Meredith on her first day and they sleep together and thus start an affair. Addison shows up later and wants Derrick back, but he loves Meredith and somewhere in there they get a dog. Addison finds out, but still wants to try to put their marriage together. Meredith won't date him because he is married. Lots of angst, McDreamy and Addision break up and eventually McDreamy and Meredith get married in the elevator with post it notes.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That succinct summary made me laugh. Not that it isn't a great summary - it's just funny to see so much angst and drama summed up in three sentences.

ETA: Hey ... now it's six sentences (but still succinct)!

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't know who McSteamy is! LOL!

Thanks Texannie. I'm not sure I'm a big Meredith fan. Do people who like the show really like her?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I don't know who McSteamy is! LOL! "

eric

(Hint: McSteamy is the one in the background!)

:-)

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Speaking only for myself, I do not like Meredith. She is better this year, but she reminded me of Eeyore. Nothing good ever happened and even if something almost good happened, it got messed up. She met a stranger in a bar and took him home. He turned out to be her boss (McDreamy.) She finally fell in love with him and it turned out he was married. And on and on and on with the not-very-interesting drama. Many of the other characters are far more interesting. Bad things seem to happen to all of them but they either get mad and get it out of their systems, or just pick themselves up and move on. Meredith just whines.

Brenda1966

07-03-2002

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I don't recall seeing McSteamy in the eps last night. Was he a short timer?

Yeah, I see how the other characters would be more compelling. The lady who was in that wine movie seems like an interesting character. (can't remember the name of the movie -- it's a shame with the mind goes!)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I don't recall seeing McSteamy in the eps last night. Was he a short timer?"

Nope, he's still in it! He joined the cast lin the latter part of season 2. McSteamy is the guy that Addison had an affair with, which ended her marriage to McDreamy.

Full episode list and short summaries of Grey's Anatomy:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413573/episodes

Texannie

07-16-2001

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I like Meredith. Sometimes her actions annoy me,but (1) I remind myself that we all have made bad choices in our life and (2) she's not real..it's all for tv! LOL

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Addison shows up later . . . .

She showed up in the last episode of the first season -- in Seattle Grace in front of Der and Mer. Surprise! Cliffhanger for the season.

My memory in general is not very good these days, but I remember that.

Brenda, the movie is Sideways.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is she talking about Sandra Oh/Christina?

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, January 25, 2010 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is such a good picture in so many ways. I always tell people that if they want to learn about photography and lighting, just freeze frame a quality TV show or movie and look at how the people are positioned, the focus (notice how McSteamy is slightly blurred in the background) and the great lighting (they make it look easy but that scene is very well lit).

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
wow... loved the scene where Christina talked about Burke. You rarely get to see that side of her character. Sandra Oh is awesome.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I loved how her voice was low and quiet and rather matter-of-fact, but tears were brimming in her eyes. She was awesome! It is really hard to feel compassion for Christina because she is such a tough character, but you really saw into her soul in that one scene and it was heartbreaking.

I also liked that McDreamy redeemed himself somewhat in the end.

That woman waking up during surgery was freaky!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, February 05, 2010 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
That woman waking up during surgery was freaky!

It happened to me. I remember saying, "Can I please go back to sleep?" The doctor said, "Knock her OUT DAMN IT!" A voice behind my ear said, "Sorry doctor." I remember thinking that she should have said sorry to ME not to the doctor. Then I was in the recovery room.

They never gave any explanation. The doctor said that had never happened to him before in 30 years of surgery. End of.