TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 15, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : ARCHIVES: Archive through December 15, 2009 users admin

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Do me now.

What are you talking about? Are you serious? Cam, NO . . . .

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Oh jeez, poor Sofia Vergara. She was on "The View" today and made a terrible faux pas. She made a rape joke. I cringed for her. I'm pretty sure the video has to be all over the net by now.

I have loved Sofia since 2005 when she was on that ill fated sitcom "Hot Properties". I can't believe she is a natural blond with blue eyes. She said so on The View" today. She had to dye her hair in order to get work here in the US. There's no place on TV for blond Colombians with thick accents she explained.

Beekindpleez

07-18-2006

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beekindpleez a private message Print Post    
She has an 18 year old son and when they asked her about him, she said, "Yes, I had him when I was 13. I was raped. ha ha ha ha ha"

That's a faux pas?

She also said she has been in the business for over 20 years. I would think she would realize that kind of statement isn't going to go over very well.

"Rape jokes" are not funny. On any level. In any language.
To me, of course. YMMV and all that.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 7:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jeez, Beek. I was trying to say she made a mistake by saying it. According to merriam-webster online, the definition of faux pas is "blunder; especially : a social blunder".

And that's exactly what happened, so I don't understand your comment.

Beekindpleez

07-18-2006

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beekindpleez a private message Print Post    
Ah. I thought a faux pas was a little boo-boo stupidish thing to say.

My comment comes from not enjoying jokes about 13 year olds being raped.

It isn't directed at you, Naja.

I hope to see some sort of apology from her because I thought it was quite an ugly thing to say.
Perhaps I am too biased about it.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
"She came as Sigfried . . . and part of Roy."

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I had recorded The View today. I watched it this evening and have already dumped it.

I remember Sofia saying that after the photo of she and her son was shown. Obviously, she made the comment because she did and still does look young / good for whatever her age is. I don't remember anyone laughing though. She just went on talking and shortly said she had been married and divorced, so is a single mother.

Yes, I took note of the "rape" explanation for her young looks. Not the smartest comment. But the conversation just went on.

Beekindpleez

07-18-2006

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beekindpleez a private message Print Post    
There was laughter. Particularly by Sophia.

Here it is if you care to watch it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8W4RUYNgtg

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I didn't remember. (Memory is getting shorter and shorter.) But she wasn't making light of rape. It was just poor choice of initial explanation for her young looks as mother of an 18 YO son. She probably often gets a reaction of "How could you be his mother?"

Beekindpleez

07-18-2006

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beekindpleez a private message Print Post    
Yes, she does look quite young and she's very beautiful.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm watching last Wednesday's episode on-line now:

- I'm the ass-kickin' clown who's gonna . . . .

- I just have sort of a complicated relationship with clowns.
Join the club.

Hermione69

07-24-2002

Saturday, November 28, 2009 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
I thought the best line was when the dopey dad said he had no fear and loved roller coasters and scary movies and had seen Ghostbusters like seven times. ROFL!

Spygirl
Board Administrator

04-23-2001

Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spygirl a private message Print Post    
We replayed the birthday disaster scene over and over...loved the dad saying, "Too close! Too close!" as Cameron the clown came running by.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Sunday, November 29, 2009 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Loved Cameron as a clown!

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Inocente !!!

Scout

01-20-2005

Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
LOL - Colordeagua.
I thought the show was hilarious. I love Manny and his practical jokes on Jay. And, it was great how Jay got him back. Sentimental, I know. But I liked it.
Also loved Cam and Mitchell, and their Santa/Greensleevers 2 group storyline.
And the brief glimpse of Fred Willard. Hope we see more of him.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 6:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Id eventually like to see Cam and Mitchell have thier own show, ala Laverne and Shirley or Maude etc.

Ginger1218

08-31-2001

Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
I think that casting Fred Willard as the crazy dad's father is genius.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I only got to watch this show last night in glimpses, but oh I was laughing so hard.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Love Fred Willard.

Ginger1218

08-31-2001

Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
Twiggyish, I used to do a little acting, and I was cast for a silly MTV show called Ken Ober's (from Remote Control) Breakdown Tour and Fred Willard was on the show. We spent the day together filming in a closed down hospital in 95 degree weather with no air conditioning. He was a kind funny gentleman.

Here is a link to a you tube commercial for the show, I am dressed as a nurse at the end. Wow, it was over 20-25 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0M6m4c62us

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, December 10, 2009 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
How cool!

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
Congrats to Modern Family for getting a Golden Globe, Best Musical or Comedy Series nomination!!

Cwcoop

04-19-2008

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cwcoop a private message Print Post    
Congrats to Modern Family for its Golden Globe nomination for Best Musical or Comedy Series!!

(but it is up against gLee, so I am torn...)

Though it may not matter since 30 Rock wins every damn thing they are nominated for. LOL!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't know. The Golden Globes likes to honor the new shows more than any other awards ceremony.