TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 13, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 13, 2009 users admin

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
I always get worried when we start raving about a show on ABC, it's usually its death warrant. It has been renewed but apparently numbers are down from last year. So spread the work quietly.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"I'm a space cowboy!"

LOL

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 - 9:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
When he started putting on that outfit, my son and I just busted out laughing, and we pretty much laughed through the whole scene. When my middle son came home, we made him watch it right away, and it was just as funny the second time.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Ok, I admit, I watch this show while doing things online.

But I find it hard to believe I missed BUFFY ----OK, I am lame. I do not find it hard to believe.

Will you point them out to us?

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
I miss Firefly. Loved the reference.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
On Nathan's Twitter, he says that there is an Easter Egg somewhere in Castle's apartment that is from Firefly.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Sorry all...what's Firefly?

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
Firefly was a sci-fi show Nathan Fillion was on five years ago. It was a light-hearted space western. It only lasted one season, then they made the movie Serenity based on the show.

The Buffy reference came when they found the 'vampire' in the cemetery with a wooden stake through his heart.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
And "Buffy" was referenced on this week's "Heroes" episode, and one other time on a show I watch, but I can't remember which one, sorry.

The only thing I've heard about ratings this season is that it comes in 2nd place every week to CSI: Miami. It beats Leno and whatever else comes on the other networks.

Hermione69

07-24-2002

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
I forgot he was on Firefly! Loved that show!

I'm hooked on Castle. He's hysterical!

Elizabeth116

11-26-2006

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Elizabeth116 a private message Print Post    
He also referenced Underworld when talking about the werewolf, too funny.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He even mentioned Lycans (sp?) - wasn't that a character in a scary movie?

Elizabeth116

11-26-2006

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Elizabeth116 a private message Print Post    
Lycans(Lycanthropes) are werewolves. He was talking about Lucian from Underworld at that part.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I love this show and the actors and the characters they play. I'm not planning to stop watching anytime soon. But, they're making it too easy to figure out the killer. The last two weeks it was in the first 10 minutes of the show. They need to make this a little more cerebral for us.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's supposed to be a mystery show as much as a relationship show, but again, I must be dim cause I didn't figure it out till about 15 minutes till the end. LOL

Bluedenim

08-09-2007

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluedenim a private message Print Post    
I agree that it supposed to be more about the relationships. I think that letting us know who the killer is and then allowing us to see them come to the conclusion is part of the appeal. Each murder solved also solidifies some relationship in Castle's life. He grows closer to his daughter or sees a new side of the detective.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I absolutely LOVE the relationships in this show. The story is always secondary to me. Loved the way Castle's daughter laid her head on his shoulder at the end.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Also, how Castle dealt with his daughter when she skipped school to come down to the station. He didn't yell, just calmly talked with her. Of course, as Beckett said, he became a 12 year old as soon as the daugher left.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
If we are talking Castle and his daughter, and how he really is the grown up.... when he called her friends parents after the party. That was when I realized he was a good dad, not a "I just want my kid to like me dad."

He listens to her, he listens to his mom.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 09, 2009 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
That's one of the things I love about this show. The relationships with his mom and his daughter (isn't she just a lovely girl?), as well as his relationship with Beckett. And Nathan F. is just so darn charming! He makes me chuckle every week. The gal who plays Beckett is really good, too. She doesn't even react to the stupid things he says (what was the line about Obama and change?). They really are perfect together.

Shel

07-27-2005

Monday, November 09, 2009 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shel a private message Print Post    
I got my copy of the book 'Heatwave' today. It's pretty good so far (middle of chapter 5). It's promoted as having been written by Richard Castle, even the blurb on the back is about him, with quotes about the book by Cannell and Patterson. I'd been wondering who had really written the book... I figured it out -- it was the show's writers! 'Heatwave' reads exactly like watching an episode. The writer in the book is named 'Rook', btw... LOL

Maplsyrp

02-10-2009

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maplsyrp a private message Print Post    
LOL at the scene with Castle and the two detectives sitting on the couch drinking tea and petting those kitties.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
"Is Stanley a unisex name now?"

Shel

07-27-2005

Thursday, November 12, 2009 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shel a private message Print Post    
So did they end up arresting Granny for accessory to murder, or conspiracy or soliciting murder, or anything? She's the one who told the killer to 'take care of her'...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 13, 2009 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm sure that there will be some penalty for Granny but I'm also equally sure that she will be institutionalized - she's obviously suffering from dementia or Alzheimers.