TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 06, 2010

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 06, 2010 users admin

Scout

01-20-2005

Monday, November 09, 2009 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Babyjaxmom - I love Matt Czuchry, too, and I still see him as Logan. Especially this episode where they gave him more of a chance to show his personality.

I'm really liking all of these characters. They really did an excellent job with casting.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, November 10, 2009 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The series is excellent. Most of the hour is law / law firm related. But Felecia's personal life works into every episode. Tonight was no exception.

Scout

01-20-2005

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I'm so glad that this show is doing well in the ratings.
I liked the chemistry between Margulies and the other "lawyer".
I don't really understand exactly why the firm would need to lay people off? They generate their own salaries basically, so unless they're not good at what they're doing, why would laying off people save that much money? I could see firing people who are unproductive, but they didn't seem to be going that route.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Lawfirms have huge overheads...and no, most first year (and some second year) associates do not come close to generating their own salaries in billables. The last few years the competition for the top graduates out of law school has driven their beginning salary up to way above what you can justify their billing rates, not to mention that they are learning and a lot of what they bill is written down because they require a learning curve.

You are also paying for secretaries, law librarians, IT people, mailroom people, accounting people...every lawfirm in the city of Dallas has laid off people this year, including the one I work for, and I'm still hearing rumors that there will be more lawyoffs. It has also happened around the country.

Not to mention the issue with getting clients to pay their bills. Almost all of our clients this year have renegotiated some of their larger bills, which has rarely happened in the past (and I've worked here 26 years). Times are tough and everybody is having to learn to work harder with less. Law firms certainly aren't exempt. It has been a very hard year.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I like everything about this show.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, November 11, 2009 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I learned something from working at law firms for 20 years. I was VERY unhappy with a doctor consult (not covered by insurance). I complained to heads of the clinic. Fee for consult was written off.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 16, 2009 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
We just watched last week's episode last night. I thought it was very well written. Loved the love story between the young woman and her orthodox husband. I learned some things I never knew. I also love how this show tries to stick to the law as much as possible. The situations are more believable than in some shows where even a lay person can tell that wouldn't happen. Much as I enjoy The Mentalist and Castle, those shows are not anywhere near based in reality. The stuff they do on those shows would never happen in the real world. I feel like this show is more real.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This is one of the best (the best?) new shows of the season. The legal stuff is always good . . . but there's always something about Felecia's personal life / relationship with her husband in every episode. Tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
It was a great episode last night! When she went to her husband and kissed him and left, without saying a word - that was powerful!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He certainly looked stunned...and more uncertain that I have ever seen his character look before!

Maris

03-28-2002

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
So why did she kiss him? I watched it and all I could think was ???

Rissa

03-20-2006

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Hooker tells her that hubby threatened her life and wife gives him a big ole' lip lock as a thank-you. Occurred to me that perhaps Felicia is/was not so naive after all about what hubby was up to. Like a mafia wife who enjoys the perks and averts her eyes to what she doesn't want to see? Doesn't seem to fit with what we know about her but then again, she did reward him for (what she was told) threatening the hooker.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The actress Archie Panjabi and her character Kalinda Sharma are impressive. Always take note when she is on screen. Never had heard of her before. She's got quite a resume of work.

Maris

03-28-2002

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
I dont think she was thinking hubby for threatening hooker, she blamed hubby for Hooker tracking her down and bothering her at work. She had just been told by the partner/client that her husband was set up and would never get out on appeal. To me the kiss was just drama with no purpose what so ever. I just thought Mcguffin.

Mush

09-09-2002

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mush a private message Print Post    
I agree with Rissa about the kiss. She told him to "make it stop" and the hooker told her that he had done something to make it stop. I don't think that she cared what he did, just that he did it and it looked like it would work. He came through for her and the kids, it was the first time he'd done that for a long time, it made her feel like he was there for her, and that rekindled some of the old feelings.

At least that's the way I saw it :-)

Maris

03-28-2002

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    
He came through for her by telling his hooker gal pal that she shouldn't mess with his family????? Nope, that wouldnt be enough for me to go give the guy a big fat kiss. I would be more inclined to think the kiss was a "boy are you fuc**ed", after she found out that he didnt have a hope in hell of getting out on appeal

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Kalinda is my favorite on the show and I hope they focus on her on future episodes.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Thursday, November 26, 2009 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I think the kiss was a part of the very complicated relationship they now have. She has to deal with mess he has left her in, but for her kids, and for herself, she has to try to figure out exactly what she wants/expects/hopes to be the future.

In all this mess so far, the relationship between the two has been business like. He assumes she wants what he wants.... for him to be out of jail. She lets him think that for the most part. (He knew not to press the point on the "overnight" visit)

This is the first thing she has asked of him.
The kiss was not a tit for tat reward. It was what she felt at the time.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 30, 2009 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The thing that really bothered me about this episode was that the stupid grandmother (what a meddling biddy she is!) just threw those pictures down the trash chute where anyone could find them in the dumpster. You don't just throw that stuff away. You shred it. Totally annoyed me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, November 30, 2009 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting Babyjaxmom, I thought the same thing, "Now the tabloids will find that picture in the trash and print it". She is such a busybody, always butting in and doing things the way she wants even when told not too, would make me nuts in real life.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, November 30, 2009 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Make that three with the same thought. I'm sure those pics will be popping up in a future episode. I personally don't think they need grandma around as much as she is. She's way too annoying.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, December 01, 2009 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Well, I understand that the mom can't leave two young teens to their own devices, and I'm sure Grandma works cheap, but ay yi yi! What an annoying woman!

And Color, I agree with you about Archie/Kalinda. I really like her character too. I wanted the boy to give the pictures to his mom so she could put Kalinda on the case. If they are fakes, Kalinda would get to the bottom of it!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, December 02, 2009 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
The grandmother has bothered me from day one. She's the type who would say "he's the sweetest boy" when her sound has been convicted of being an axe murderer. Total denial that her son has any failings at all.

Loved how the daughter was nonchalant about grandma finding the pix... "she goes thru my room all the time." She's a terrible grandmother, constantly interfering in the REAL parenting.

Totally love Kalinda, too! I'd definitely want her on my side if I needed an investigator. She rocks!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
This comes back tonight. Yay!

I was watching "Bend It Like Beckham" the other day. The older sister looked so familiar to me. Then in the credits I saw it was Archie/Kalinda. Great movie, even if you know nothing about soccer. Jonathnan Rhys Meyers is in it too.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
What an interesting episode. What's with that judge? Can they do that? If a jury hands down one verdict, can the judge immediately overturn it? I don't see the point in having a jury if that can actually happen in real life. Wow, I was stunned. It seemed like it completely mocked the system the whole idea of being judged by a jury of your peers.