TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 15, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 15, 2009 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Watched it last night, laughed so hard I intend to watch it again tonight. It will NOT be deleted from the TIVO as I foresee this episode being the "laugh" I need on stressful days. The Spock DNA and the Sheldon's Driving Lesson episodes are my other "go to" episodes.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was a fabulous episode. I watched it but also taped it so I can enjoy it again this weekend.

Does anyone have the link to those comments made by the writers at the end. When I pause my tape it won't hold still so I have a hard time reading them. I think someone knows where they are posted online. TIA.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh yes, Raj did a Hiro from Heroes face to slow time!! Such a good episode! I wish I hadn't deleted it!

Here you go Dipo:
http://www.chucklorre.com/index-bbt.php

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, November 17, 2009 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
The audience laughing after every little thing they say is really getting annoying. Not EVERYTHING they say is funny.

I must have went into this ep with overhype cuz it wasn't one of my favs. Only LOL moment for me was the blue otterpop line by Raj.

Spear

08-06-2001

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 1:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
The laugh track is by far the worst thing about this show -- too loud and too shrill.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
There's a laugh track? I never even noticed. I guess after all these years I am blessfully immune to them.

I was waiting for Soft Kitty too Sugar. And the beauty of it is they took it up a notch with the round.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It's filmed in front of a studio audience, I don't think there is a laugh track.

Spear

08-06-2001

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
I think some shows add some canned laughter even when they're taped in front of a live audience. I don't know if they do it for BBT but whether it's live or not, it sounds bad.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I didn't hear any canned laughter in this episode because I was laughing too hard.

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
I found an interesting link about laugh tracks and how sitcoms are shot when using a live audience.

Marameko

07-15-2002

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Ditto for me as well Merrysea : I even went back and watched this episode again again and I never do that. Luckily I had not yet deleted it from the DVR.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kitt, I bookmarked it!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, November 18, 2009 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Did you all laugh at every line uttered out of their mouths? the audience/laugh track did. I think sometimes audiences laugh at everything hoping it will be a lone laugh and they will hear themselves when the show airs.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, November 20, 2009 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
It was a pretty funny epi. I wouldn't call it one of the funniest ever but I was kinda distracted during the show so maybe I missed some jokes.

The producer of this show is going to be a guest on Science Friday today.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Jim Parsons was on Conan and he told a great story. When his agent called him about auditioning for the show he was all excited and told Jim this is the new Chuck Lorre project!!! Jim thought it was strange that his agent was so excited about a project by the Love Connection guy but shruged and went to the audition.

When he got there he thought the guy didnt look anything like Chuck Woolery!!!! hahahahahahaha

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, November 22, 2009 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Jim Parsons is too cute. He's in the People Sexiest Man Alive issue as the sexiest Geek.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
eh.. ok, was more cute than funny

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I agree, Terolyn.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 3:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Best line, "Yo, Raj - talk to me!"

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
loved his expression!

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I was laughing at the radio broadcast. That was the genuinely funniest moment I've seen in a long time!!!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Tuesday, November 24, 2009 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I liked this week better than last but that lisp guy is not funny at all. Why do they keep him as a reoccuring character? his lisp sounds so fake.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Wednesday, November 25, 2009 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Pamy. I don't think he's funny at all. The prank was funny, and Sheldon trying to talk normal when he knew he couldn't was funny, but that character is annoying and not funny.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Monday, November 30, 2009 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
I love Sheldon!! Lisp guy is supposed to be annoying so that you see why Sheldon and the others don't like him.

Vacanick

07-12-2004

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vacanick a private message Print Post    
Loved last nights episode!

Loved that Sheldon was Leonards mom's confidant ... knew all the events and dates. So funny!!

Penny and mom drinking ... that was great!

Loved the whole cougar thing with the mom! Hilarious!!

Still waiting for the Sheldon & Penny romantic relationship to happen ... think it would be great!!!