TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 09, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 09, 2009 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Has anybody else noticed that Chris Noth is listed as a guest star and not as a regular?

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Scout, Josh Charles has been in In Treatment and, what I recognize him from most, Sports Night.

Scout

01-20-2005

Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Roxip - I noticed that, too. I hope they keep him on. Maybe as a guest star he didn't have to sign on to a certain amount of episodes, and if he didn't like the series, or got a better offer for a bigger role, he'd be free to take it. Just throwing out guesses, because I have no idea.

Colordeagua - I guess I just haven't watched any of the shows he's been starring in. I think that's the first time I've seen him since the movie. I like his smile.

Spunky

10-08-2001

Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
This show is a copycat... there is an almost identical series on the Italian RAI tv fiction.. she's a cop detective and her husband just sent to prison for supposedly killing a lover and the wife with kids tries to deal with other crimes but still visiting her husband in prison and wanting to believe him but not till the last show of the season all is cleared up.

And this one too... the husband will be left in prison till the end and she so busy with her cases and kids and all... similar show. It was a big hit in Italy.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Might I just add that Heather Locklear appeared as a "Special Guest Star" on Melrose Place (the original) for like 8 or 9 years. I don't think it means anything at all.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 02, 2009 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
You know, the fact that this show is a copycat bothers me not at all...I don't watch a whole lot of Italian television.

Aren't most shows on both sides of the pond ripoffs of one another?

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Friday, October 02, 2009 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
There are very few "original" storylines left to tell. It's all in the telling. How many times have we seen "Boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl back"?

Stacey718995

07-05-2007

Sunday, October 04, 2009 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stacey718995 a private message Print Post    
I am liking this show. Very well acted and has a lot of potential. I have to say though that I will be disappointed if they "clear" the husband. I hope they don't go that direction.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I like this show very much. I'm not sure how I'll feel if her husband is cleared. It seems the guy who took his place would do just about anything to get his job. Very snaky character.

I do think it's a sign of the times when the young boy is able to go online and tell that his Dad's picture had been photoshopped!

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good start to tonight's show?!

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, October 06, 2009 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The boy's father is Boyd Gaines, Barbara Cooper's (Valerie Bertinelli) husband in One Day At a Time.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
Boyd Gaines has also had a fine career on Broadway, and has won four Tony's along the way.

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
Watched on line yesterday,I'm really liking this show!!!

Scout

01-20-2005

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 5:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I think this show just gets better and better.
Anyone know how it's doing in the ratings?

Mictay

09-29-2006

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mictay a private message Print Post    
I think they just ordered the rest of the season so that has to be good!!

Scout

01-20-2005

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Yes! Thanks, Mictay.

Nyheat

08-09-2006

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nyheat a private message Print Post    
I like the show ok but thought they were going to show more of her life as a betrayed policitian's wife, which is what hooked me in during the previews. Instead they jumped right in with her legal career and have flashbacks to her previous life. No really all that sastifying. Three or four episodes of untangling herself from her husband's scandal and moving into the next phase of her life would have worked better for me.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Wednesday, October 14, 2009 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I agree, Nyheat.
As good as it is, the story line is not what I wanted to see.
I still like it, though.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Anybody know if the last episode will repeat? We lost a good part of the program (about the last 20-30 minutes) due to the storm, and then when it came back there was no sound on our CBS affiliate. Anybody else in the Sacto area have this problem? I'm not sure if it was a KOVR or a DISH issue.

Gumby

08-14-2004

Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
BJM, CBS has the full episodes online if you're able to watch them. Here's a link to this weeks episode:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_good_wife/video/?pid=IBhP0RVH4v_vhDenSnBUGQO906TIKPxy

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
DH doesn't usually have the patience to watch things online (I do!), but we were able to pull up the last 20 minutes or so. I'm glad we did, cause neither of us saw the twist coming that the plaintiffs were the ones who bribed the juror. I think this show is great.

I think they do show quite a bit of how she's feeling as a betrayed wife (and now she has to testify for the jerk!). But she's not curled up in a corner feeling sorry for herself. She's a strong woman going on with her life and supporting her family. I think the writing on this show is very well done. DH and I are loving it.

Scout

01-20-2005

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Really good, solid episode last night.
When I first heard Julianna Margulies was playing the lead, I didn't really know if she'd be right for the part. But she hits it just right.
I like the storylines - sometimes feels more like she's a crime solver, but she shows so much heart and empathy, you don't really care if everything gets wrapped up fairly easily.

I have a bit of a love/hate view towards Martha Plimpton. I have seen her in shows where I thought she was just amazing, and others where she seemed just awful. But last night's role - she was perfection. I actually would like to see her in a recurring role as the opposing attorney.

I'm glad we're seeing deeper into each of the characters. All of them seem multi-dimensional. Even the MIL could easily have been cast as evil and manipulative, yet she's not. She's just caught in a pretty uncomfortable situation.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I kind of do have a problem where the Julianna character always seems so much smarter and more observant than everybody else...but again, she's a mom, so she has to be smarter and more observant...LOL...although perhaps she should have been a teensy weensy little bit more observant in her own personal life, do you think! No, I really do love this show and I really thought the conflict she faced between the needs of the witness and her clients' needs was a very interesting aspect of the show last night.

Her husband really is selfish, isn't he? And I agree that her m-i-l's actions were out of line last night although at the end no harm was done. Taking one's children to visit their father in prison...should definitely be the mother's choice IMO.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Good one again tonight. Looks like her husband / Chris Noth is going to figure a little into every episode.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, November 09, 2009 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I like the relationship there. It seems real to me. Her husband screwed up bigtime, but they really do care about each other and have a history together. They may be able to patch it up over time. I find that to be pretty true to life. Sometimes you can fix it, sometimes you can't.

Love, love, love Cary (Matt Czuchry). I still see him as Rory's Logan from Gilmore Girls. The whole cast on this show is really, really good.