TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : ARCHIVES: Archive through October 30, 2009 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I almost didnt watch this show cause I didnt like the jumpy amatuerish camera work-but i did like it and found myself laughing at the more tasteless one liners like when someone asked-"why'd you call her Lilly,wont that be hard for her to pronounce?" And when Ed Oniell called the baby "Little Potsticker."

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
"I just stole my baby's intellectual property." LOL

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
"Meryl Streep could play Batman." LOL I loved Cameron's whole Streep thing especially getting all upset about Sophie's Choice.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Yes, Mamie. More LOL. I'm not much of a half-hour comedy person, but I love this one.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, September 30, 2009 - 10:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And I loved Ed O'Neill's line when Manny had said that his dad never wore seat belts and then said that his dad killed a bear and Ed asks "Was he in the passenger seat?" Too funny!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
This show has some of the best one-liners since Jeff BB11!!!

Loving it....so happy to have some quality on TV for a change.

Scout

01-20-2005

Thursday, October 01, 2009 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
It does have some great one-liners.
Ed O'Neill is perfect for this part. His interactions with Manny could have been really schmaltzy, but he does them exactly right.

The new dads were hilarious. So worried that Lily wasn't "reaching" or "stacking" yet that they'd steal the other pile of blocks.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I didn't see the thread until I started a new one...oops! (And I really looked but obviously not close enough.)

My daughter and I both watch this show and we always laugh...last night the scenes with the gay couple in Costco just had me rolling...they are the highlight of the show to me (loved the scene in the mommy class last week). And the scenes between Manny and the Julie Bowen character and the step-mom and the younger girl were really sweet.

The only character I really don't care for is the dad, who annoys me because he tries too hard to be cool. Which of course is what his character is supposed to do, but it still annoys me.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
Heh...Roxip...imagine how his kids feel. I think that his annoyance factor is played perfectly, and his job is to annoy us. In a ridiculously funny way!

" = Why the Face"

That line just killed me!

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Friday, October 09, 2009 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Roxip and Rosem, I agree. I too find him the most annoying, but that's what he's supposed to do. Good acting.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 12:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
Another great show tonight. Shelley Long was perfectly cast and did a bang up job.

Again a lot of great lines that are delivered so well. "I gave her a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings and she gave me a hint." (Cameron)

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
And Dylan's song . . . it started so sweet -- and then did a 180 !! LOL

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The song was hilarious and I loved how they were all singing it in the end.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Midway through the song, the daughter can go with Dylan. By the end of the song -- NO WAY! LOL again!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Thursday, October 15, 2009 - 7:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I'm so happy that there's a good sitcom to watch. It's at the Seinfeld/Friends level..and..no laugh track.

I hate the laugh track. Don't tell me when I should laugh....I KNOW funny!

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
No fu in Denver. DENVER.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Wednesday, October 28, 2009 - 11:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
"Mitchell, she is your family. Of course, she's going to be judgemental and condescending." (Cameron)

Texannie

07-16-2001

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 4:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i am so sad i consistantly miss this show (i have a bible study on wed night) but the commercial that truly had me laughing out loud was the brother who adopted the baby calling his sister and asking 'did you ever hit your son's head on the ceiling' and she said 'we usually just put him in time out'.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
The couple with the baby are so funny. The dad that takes pictures of Lilly as a celebrity is a riot! I think he's my favorite on the show.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 6:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Texannie, I hope you can see it in reruns or on DVD. Best new show of this TV season. And I am rarely into sitcoms.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Ritsin, that line just cracked me up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Hulu has it. Last night was the first one I'd seen on tv because when all the tv shows were new not reruns it clashed with something.

I like the dad with the ginger hair. He was on that shortlived comedy last year or the year before; "Class," I think it was called. He stood out there, so I'm glad he found a place.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
This was a very well-cast show. Every actor does a great job playing the part they were cast to play. Even the kids. This one will likely stick around for a while.

Ritsin

05-06-2005

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ritsin a private message Print Post    
Cameron is my favorite character. He has the best lines and delivery. His disappointment in Mitchell's misunderstanding of going through a dozen eggs was priceless.

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I like how they show the family as weird and dysfunctional, but then they have a great little message at the end that I would normally find too schmaltzy...but it's always well done, thoughtful, and humorous.

I agree about the wonderful character development that's already in place after just a few episodes.

That 'cool-dad' always cracks me up!