TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 06, 2009 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 26, 2009 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I also kind of wondered if the Chief was thinking...one of mine, one of their's...he was forced to fire Izzy so he kind of evened the score by firing the Mercy resident...?

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Thursday, October 29, 2009 - 9:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I loved the show tonight, especially Issac's talk with Derek on doing the surgery.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So do you think the Chief will really fire Derek? And if so do you think the Board will go over his head and rehire him? With Seattle Grace's reputation at stake can you really fire the hottest surgeon...even though with Derek's actions last night there are certainly grounds...?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I don't think he'll be fired. But I do think that the last interaction that they had, finally ended this little feud they were having.

I loved Isaac and his optimism. I was so praying he wouldn't die in the end.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This was an amazing show, I was riveted through the whole thing, just loved it. And I thought it was really fun when Derek starting to diagram on the wall.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
Why would other Drs. have told Isaac that it was inoperable without discussing the possibility (signing a consent form) of life without legs?
No other Dr. can rotate with McDreamy during such a long operation?

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
From this weeks blog:

Chandra Wilson directed this episode...her first.

The Issac part:

" Most of this patient story (inspired by a case told to us by Dr. Robert Bray, an amazing neurosurgeon here in LA) involves Derek staring at a tumor. Not cutting, not operating, not talking to anyone. Like I said, scary."

Scout

01-20-2005

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I was reading this thread before I saw the show, and saw where you said, Mamie, that you were praying that Isaac wouldn't die, and thought that meant that he had. I'm so glad that they didn't kill him off.
I think Faran Tahir is absolutely gorgeous. I hope that once he heals, that we see him again.

This episode was great all the way around.
Alex was especially touching. I just wanted to give him a hug.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Friday, October 30, 2009 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
I am guessing that Derek won't be going anywhere. He and the Chief will either kiss and make-up or the Chief will leave.

Whoami

08-03-2001

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I just saw McDreamy in a 1987 movie. He played a 15-year-old kid who dated older women (and it was based on a real story). The movie was In The Mood, if anyone cares to catch it. I think in RL Dempsy was in his early 20's when he did the movie. But it was still pretty funny seeing him so young!

Mak1

08-12-2002

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I remember that movie well, Who! It was funny to me when Dempsey showed up on Grey's Anatomy. I hadn't seen him act since the 80s. He aged quite nicely.

A friend of mine took part in a fundraising bike race sponsored by Dempsey last month. He organized it to raise money for the hospital which treated his mother when she had cancer. It was a 100-mile, very tough, course. She met PD and said he was very personable to everyone who walked up to him. He completed the 50-mile bike course. His brother and sister were there, too. There were about 1800 bikers and a similar number of walkers/runners, so it was a very successful fundraiser.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
I remember him from the movie, Can't Buy me Love where he plays a teenager who buys popularity. I loved that movie :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
He's one of those who has gotten much better looking with age.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Monday, November 02, 2009 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
He does very little for me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 7:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Me either. Give me Nathan Fillon any day...or Mick St. James (I can spell that better than Alex's last name...LOL).

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'll take Simon Baker.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I'll take them all :P I guess I'm not very picky. LOL

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, November 03, 2009 - 11:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I vote Nathan Fillon, cuz he can be the bad guy or the good guy or the goofy guy.

I like role playing.

Laura11103

08-13-2002

Wednesday, November 04, 2009 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Laura11103 a private message Print Post    
This show is amazing... and Izzy is an idiot!

Mizinvanccouver

02-22-2003

Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just watched the episode (I'm behind) with the patient who dies (a fire brought many to the ER) and each doctor and resident is getting interviewed about what happened, who's fault it was.
I really didn't enjoy this episode, it as all drama, intense drama at that, with no comic relief like there was in the first few seasons. I stopped watching ER for the intenseness (is that even a word??) too. I don't mind a drama but I need a little relief from it.

I just found the episode difficult to watch and felt bad at the end. Might not be for me anymore.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, November 06, 2009 - 5:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Good episode tonite. I am glad that Christina realized her 'i am a good girl so i can do anything' attitude has consequences. Loved Alex with the baby. My heart broke for the parents of the little boy. (nice seeing Erica Gimpel, loved her since Fame). And adored the father saying they were giving the money and not because of the a$$ kissing! LOL

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, November 06, 2009 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
maybe this will wake the chief up.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 06, 2009 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Toward the end the Chief did wake up. That's why he let Arizona handle the grieving parents...he knew that the connection that they had was with her and not with the hospital. Hopefully this is a trend that will continue.

Thanks - I knew I knew the woman (mother) from somewhere but couldn't remember.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, November 06, 2009 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I cried a few times last night. I love the character of Arizona. It was nice to see her stand up to the chief without crying. I think he needed to hear it when she threw him out of the operating room. I think Christina needed to have Hunt tell her that she can't do what she wants, when she wants too. I like them together. Alex was heartbreaking. I love the many sides of him. I hope he picks Peds. He was so great with babies when he worked with Addison as well.

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Friday, November 06, 2009 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
What's bugging me is this: Izzy gave the hospital millions for that clinic and they can't cover her treatment and had to give Alex the bill???

I hate what they've done to Christina. The girl is a cardio superstar in the making and she's been left out to dry. That hospital doesn't have a cardio resident or whatever to continue to teach her? Or a cardio dept for her to work in?