TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 23, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 23, 2009 users admin

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, October 12, 2009 - 10:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Most actors want to play a variety of characters and roles, not be cast as a "type" such as gangster, dumb blonde etc. Good for Ralph Waite that he has the opportunity to do so.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, October 13, 2009 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don't think actors mind what their characters are as long as they are well written. I thought that was a great story line. My father is 80 and just diagnosed with prostate cancer, impotence (as creepy as it is for me to think about! LOL) is one of his big concerns.

Jujubzmom

04-29-2008

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jujubzmom a private message Print Post    
Got tired fast of the new doctors and all the competition for patients. I hope it doesn't continue like this! Too many doctors! Plus, Izzy is so selfish - poor Alex!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Izzy thinks that Alex went to the chief and told him that she wasn't able to do the job...I figure that's why she left.

Sandra Oh (is that how her name is spelled) was Emmy-worthy in that scene with Meredith.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 7:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The Mercy West had to wear orange because they ran out of uniforms. What a lame excuse for helping the audience figure out who the new people are. Instead of Izzy dying last season, she stay for this silly ending with Karev back in love with her. Since she donated millions of dollars to the hospital, she should have been given a desk job in PR instead of returning to surgery to begin with. The ending with Callie's dad was wonderful. Will he give her back her allowance?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wonder how they are going to bring her back when she's done shooting her movie?

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Roxip, you're talking about Katherine / Izzie? I heard she's going to be coming and going for a number of episodes -- not just totally out for a few. Also, I don't think it's due to a movie. She and her husband just adopted a Korean baby. Katherine has an adopted sister who is Korean, so she wanted to do the same thing.

March

10-02-2003

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send March a private message Print Post    
Why wouldn't Izzy go work in the clinic she funded with Denny's money?
I know it's not surgery but heck it's a job.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Izzy couldn't work in the clinic because Katherine is off doing a movie. They'll have her come back and do that, maybe. She'll be back, that much we know.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I have to say, if the competition keeps going between old/new I will likely bail on this show. I really like it, and for the most part can deal with change, but this is just NOT ok.

I'll give it a few more episodes to see if it evens out some.

I did like how it worked out with Callie's Dad. I loved Arizona's talk with him.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 4:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
loved arizona's speech!!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, October 19, 2009 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
This show is beginning to fall flat. Did they have a turnover in the writing department? It seems like every episode is so hurried and harried and hyper.

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Monday, October 19, 2009 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
The show is intense right now, but I still love it. Having Ellen Pompeo and Katherine Heigl gone for a bit in real life has probably caused the change of adding some new characters.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, October 19, 2009 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I am reminded of ER....they changed cast just like real life, people come and people go. I like the show. I like that they are new people. We know the old ones too well. Now we get to see how they do with new people.

Msbullwnkl

08-16-2005

Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
Loved tonight's episode! Still think we need to get rid of a few more doctors, because there is not enough of McDreamy, McSteamy, McArmy and Bailey for my tastes. But I am not missing Izzy at all.

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Great episode. One Mercy West doc down, three to go. I was LOLing at the new nickname for the one MW resident that was an ass to Izzy last week: Nose dive. :-) Dereks comments to the Chief at the end were perfect...he's created chaos.

Vacanick

07-12-2004

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vacanick a private message Print Post    
Last nights episode was great!! I loved seeing it from all the different perspectives! But I agree I miss seeing our reg doctors more.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I miss order. There is no order in the hospital anymore and I feel like they're turning it into ER. This is a show about surgeons. Not about an Emergency Room or a Triage Center or a Clinic. What the heck happened to the good story writing? Yes, it was interesting to see the different stories last night, but I had it pegged within 10 minutes of the start of the show.

The writing is getting bad and they need to fix it or they're going to start losing viewers.

On another note...how hot was Derek when he came to pick up Meredith to take her home? Uh, yummy!

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
you are smarter than me gurlie, i didn't remember her forgetting till right at the end. LOL

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oh Gurlie, McDreamy was scrumdiddlyumptious in that sweater/shirt combo.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And I had it pegged too as soon as she didn't look down her throat after being distracted.

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
I kept thinking ... these aren't ER docs, they're surgeons ... what's up with that?

Scout

01-20-2005

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
Dereks comments to the Chief at the end were perfect...he's created chaos

Happymom - I totally agree. The chief didn't mind firing new girl and letting her take the fall, but he pretty much created a situation where something like that was bound to happen.

I don't have any problem with the new people (kind of makes things fresh again) storyline, but I agree that as surgeons - I hope they get back to surgeries.

Msbullwnkl

08-16-2005

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
I have been watching the earlier seasons on LIfetime during the evenings, and there is a difference in the writing. There was more comedy in with the drama during earlier seasons. There was more of a team feeling in the earlier seasons. The same thing happened to ER. Rather than the stories being intertwined and interacting with each other, they became separate of each other. I don't like that part of the newest season.

However, I have grown attached to Nose Dive and would like to see him stay aboard.

Lori32

07-04-2008

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lori32 a private message Print Post    
<---is rather fond of the guy that resembles MoMo in Nurse Jackie,the ethnic looking guy with the sparkly eyes? yeah,he's gonna be one I love to hate,I can tell..