TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 23, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: Grey's Anatomy Spoilers: Archive through June 23, 2009 users admin

Sia

03-11-2002

Friday, June 12, 2009 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Well, it would surprise me if Dominic showed up on The Bachelor. . . or Dancing with the Stars!
LOLOL

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 12, 2009 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I'd love him on DWTS!! The only other big ABC show I could think of was Ugly Betty. I don't think he'd fit in on Desperate Housewives!

I just can't see him being George, I can see him being a new Grey's character, but not George!

Laneesmom

05-12-2005

Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Laneesmom a private message Print Post    
where is the commercial, so I can watch? :-) is it one of those funny ones they air?

Neko

08-03-2001

Sunday, June 14, 2009 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
LANEESMOM, here it is,

ABC Promo on YouTube

ETA - They have some other really funny "ABC House" promom's like Hurley from lost dancing to womanizer and the "Dude" promo. Watch them too!

Laneesmom

05-12-2005

Monday, June 15, 2009 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Laneesmom a private message Print Post    
Thanks Neko!

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Its Official

Neko

08-03-2001

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
So it doesn't come up on the new messages...

Also, it seems to be official that Katherine is staying on the show now.

Sia

03-11-2002

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Those ABC House promos are hysterical!! I laughed so hard. Thanks so much for the links! It took my 10-yr-old DD, however, to point out to me that the girl followed by all the cute guys carrying roses was Jillian of "The Bachelorette," duh! I couldn't figure that out at first for myself. Was that really America Ferrara, or did they use a look-alike from the side for the brief glimpse of someone who looked like Betty Suarez in the promo I mentioned?

Neko

08-03-2001

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Look-alike I believe Sia.

quote:

"T.R Knight Says Leaving Grey's was a Tough Decision"

After months of speculation surrounding the fate of Grey’s Anatomy’s George O’Malley, T.R. Knight, who plays the lovable doctor, is breaking his silence about his departure from the hit ABC show.

“Leaving Grey’s Anatomy was not an easy decision for me to make,” Knight says in a statement to PEOPLE. “I am extremely grateful to have had the opportunity to play this character and will miss my fellow cast and crew very much. I continue to wish them the very best, and wholeheartedly thank all of the fans who have supported me and the show with such passion and enthusiasm.”

Producer Shonda Rhimes simultaneously released a statement, saying, “I think I speak for the entire Grey’s Anatomy family when I say we wish T.R. Knight the best in his future endeavors. He is an incredibly talented actor and a person whose strength of character is admired by all of us.”

While Knight may be happy to make a departure from the show following a season of sparse screen time for his character, costar Jim Pickens says the actor will be missed on the set. “He’s a good man, and a great actor,” Pickens tells PEOPLE. “We have lots of laughs. I’m going to miss his sense of humor.”

Melissa George, who was on Grey’s for several episodes in its fifth season, says she is happy for Knight, who has become a close friend.

“He fought for what he wanted, and he got it,” she told PEOPLE Wednesday at the Whitney Contemporaries Art Party in New York. “He’s moving on to amazing things. I love him very much.” –Lisa Ingrassia

Smokey

07-08-2003

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
On Cleveland news stations, along with the above info regarding TR leaving, was a report that Katherine Heigl will be staying.

http://www.newsnet5.com/entertainment/19796258/detail.html

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I read the same online.. TR leaving, Katherine staying ("as long as Izzy is there") online.. maybe Popeater.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Gee, seems like the show just can't get the same ratings since those two pushed one of the best characters off the show.

Now one of them is gone and the other keeps talking of leaving as if TV is beneath her. Why didn't they leave sooner? There were two major relationships and lots of good side characters. Now, I don't watch, but if it happens to be on the channel, I can't focus because there are so many new characters.

They'll never duplicate what they had at the beginning. They should have kept the original characters. I don't see it staying on the air much longer. I used to wait for the day it came on, but haven't missed not watching the new "Grays" for the last two years or so.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think if a show cannot grow beyond the original cast, it would be doomed. Many shows manage to lose even a key character and stick around.. thinking of Criminal Minds.. Mandy Patinkin out, Joe Montagna in.. on it goes.. ER wasn't the same but it was still good for much of the long run.. I still find much to like in Grey's, do miss Isaiah Thomas' character, but there is plenty to like. I never cared for the George and Izzy (especially) characters all that much anyway. I do wonder when someone gets an opportunity on a show like this and then feels "above it all".

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
One of the best cases of "I'm too good for this" -- David Caruso and NYPD.

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
Wow, I don't think they pushed Isaiah Washington out. He did that himself. I loved his character and was sorry to see him go but I'm pretty sure that was his doing.

I love Greys and never miss it. Izzy and Alex have always been my favourites. I don't know the whole story behind Katherine and TRs issues, and I'm okay with that. Sorry to see George go! Love that Izzy will stay...for now.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I agree, IW did that to himself. No one pushed him out, his own attitude did.

I'm not at all surprised TR is leaving, I think Shonda handled the whole IW situation really badly to begin with. I'm glad that Katherine is staying though - I couldn't bear for Alex to lose another girl.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, I agree Isaiah did it to himself but Katherine was a pretty loose cannon in talking about it and she has acted in other ways to try to get out of the show, like pouting that she wasn't getting the juicy storyline and then dramatically refusing to submit film for the Emmys (which she had previously WON on this show), stating that nothing was good enough.. seems to me that would be a knock at her own acting abilities, but now she will apply again. Just lots of drama on her part. She signed a contract and if now she has complaints or figures she can make so much more doing dippy movies (and perhaps she can, I have no idea, but I suspect she's well-compensated with her current situation)

I still like to see loyalty in people who are given good opportunities to showcase their abilities.

And yes, Isaiah may have caused his own problems, but it wasn't really Katherine's place to decide what would be done and as an actor, Isaiah is a loss to the show and plot. However, I think they are doing fine without him and will be fine without TR (who plans to head to Broadway, reportedly) and would be fine without Katherine Heigl too.

But I admit I didn't like either CHARACTER, so that colors my feelings. I have yet to like a character of Katherine's, starting back with Roswell. That isn't her fault, or that her movies, so far, just aren't my cup of tea. She certainly has talent. I think staying won't be a bad thing for her in the long run.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Sunday, June 21, 2009 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Katherine's first movie after GA started was Knocked Up. That movie did well in the box office and had good reviews. (Not my kind of movie at all, but I saw it and really enjoyed it.) But one good movie does not a career make, Katherine. It took more than just Katherine's talent to make it a success.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I will never agree Isaiah did it to himself. Katherine and TR kept poking at him. Katherine talked bad about him in public and TR lied and said Isaiah said what he said directly to his face, when that wasn't the truth.

These two were bosom buddies until Katherine got married and backed each other up all the time. I will never feel Isaiah was treated fairly. He lost his temper @ Patrick and paid way too much for it. He and Christina's romance was equally as good as the main couple. Now, the main couple just can't hold the show.

I say, "Just say No to troublemakers" and that's how I viewed Katherine and TR at the time Isaiah was fired. That's why I think it's ironic TR is leaving now. He and Katherine changed the show; it brought in a bunch of new characters and they signed their own death warrants.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 4:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Mandy quit Criminal Minds. They didn't push him out for Joe.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Isaiah Washington has been a problem on every show he's been on. He physically attacked another cast member. That is a little more serious than "losing his temper." If anyone had called him a derogatory name beginning with the letter "N", they would have been fired immediately. The whole flap was the producers fault for not firing Isaiah right away. T.R. and Katherine wouldn't have had to bring it to public attention if it had been dealt with as any other workplace would have.

Neko

08-03-2001

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Let's not forget, he not only physically attacked someone, he also referred to someone as an F****t. Not just once, but twice, once LIVE at the Academy Awards (or was it the Oscars?).

I totally think Isaiah brought it upon himself. Would you be able to get in a physical altercation with someone at your work while calling another co-worker a derogatory term with numerous witnesses, and NOT lose your job??

I'd get fired so fast my head would spin.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep, Mandy quit.. he quit on Chicago Hope and it went on, he quit on Criminal Minds (I never said he was pushed out.. but George also wanted to quite, so was talking of quitting and the statement that Grey's wouldn't be able to go on) and not sure if Mandy was going to quit on Dead Like Me, but the producer decided to quit, I gather.

I suspect any number of people do far worse and don't lose jobs and I don't doubt that Isaiah deserved what he got, just that it wasn't up to Katherine Heigl to make the decisions or grab the microphones..

The Oscars ARE the Academy Awards, but I think Grey's people spoke at the Emmy Awards. And Katherine took it upon herself to grab the mic and speak.. not that she was representing the show at the time. Anyway, Isaiah is long gone and we still "get" to watch a reluctant Katherine.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Whether she truly is reluctant or not, she still gives a heck of a performance. Besides the whole over-the-top, stretched out way-too-long Denny crap, towards the end of the season her acting was pretty dang good.

And I don't know that I think it's fair to say she's reluctant. It looks like if she had wanted out of her contract she could have gotten out of it just like TR did.

And I agree with one of the above posters, whether or not the word was said to TR's face, the fact of the matter is, the word was said to describe him in a derogatory way. If TR had said the "N" word in describing IW - to his face or not - he would have been fired immediately, no questions asked.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, June 23, 2009 - 7:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
TR is already working elsewhere. He is scheduled to be in a musical at the Mark Taper Forum starting in Sept. He won't have any problems finding other jobs.