TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 26, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Modern Family : ARCHIVES: Archive through September 26, 2009 users admin

Ginger1218

08-31-2001

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
I thought this was very very funny. Actually the funniest person to me was the father of the 3 kids. He is very insane. Good show

Stray_cat

06-21-2006

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stray_cat a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed this too. The part with the BB gun was really funny. The father is really well cast. Thought it was funny when he was going through of knowing the meanings of OMG and LOL and then said W-T-F was "why the face?"

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
He was the one that cracked me up the most. I also thought the whole Lion King baby announcing was hilarious too.

Mizinvanccouver

02-22-2003

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ya, I too laughed out loud at the Lion King baby announcing thing. lol

I liked this show, looking forward to seeing next weeks episode.

Twinkie

09-24-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twinkie a private message Print Post    
I laughed several times watching this show. I really enjoyed it and hope it lasts a long time.

Ginger1218

08-31-2001

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ginger1218 a private message Print Post    
When the daughter's boyfriend had to carry the father into the living room, I was ROFL

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I liked it a lot too.

Julie Bowen was on The View the other day. She said she was 8 months pregnant with twins when it was filmed! Her "big two-baby bump" was always hidden whenever she was on camera.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought this show was fabulous!

Scout

01-20-2005

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scout a private message Print Post    
I liked it, too. Poor Al Bundy getting lumped with the mall walkers because of his sweatsuit.

The Dad trying to be cool was hilarious. I loved his dancing, and the looks on his kids' faces.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
The new father coming in with the baby and singing the song from Lion King was a riot! This is a good show!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Funny show and it got good reviews. Should stay around, as it is in a great slot, with DWTS lead-in.

Konamouse

07-16-2001

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Did anyone keep notes on how everyone is related?

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Pretty sure I know. There's Julie Bowen (actress' name) and her husband. IIRC, they have two children, boy and girl. (Or is it three?) Then there's Ed O'Neil and his young Latina (second) wife. Probably because he was divorced, but maybe widowed. They have a son -- Ed's step-son from her earlier marriage / relationship. (Not sure about that.) Ed O'Neil is Julie's father. Then there's the gay couple with just adopted Vietnamese baby. One of them (don't remember which) is Julie's brother / Ed's son.

Twiggyish

08-14-2000

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Twiggyish a private message Print Post    
Red haired guy is Ed's son and Julie's brother. He was talking about HIS father.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
His name is Mitchell and his partner is Cameron.

Claire and Phil are the couple with the 3 kids.

Gloria is Jay's latina trophy wife and her son Manny is from a previous marriage.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The episode is going to be repeated tomorrow night at 8:00 Central.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
great to hear, i missed it and really wanted to see this show.

Hermione69

07-24-2002

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
It was hilarious! Sports guy chest bump!

Yesitsme

08-24-2004

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Yesitsme a private message Print Post    
I liked it. I hadn't heard anything about this one before I watched....just ran into it and started to watch. I wondered later whether it was really funny or whether I was so tired I was punchy.

I didn't realize until everyone came together at the end that it was all one family. It took me by surprise!

Konamouse

07-16-2001

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Okay, thanks, I think I got it now (finally saw the show).
So we don't know what happened to Ed's previous wife (the mother of Julie and Cameron).

ITA about the Lion King entrance, "no, he's not over dramatic". LOL!

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
There are now THREE comedies that I can watch now! (it's been SO long since I watched any comedies, since they all sucked).

This one, Glee, and on HBO, Bored to Death.

If anyone has HBO on demand, the first episode is up. It's only 1/2 hour and well worth checking out.

Yes, the Lion King bit, and the BB gun were some really stand-out, hilarious moments.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I'm a little cool about the mockumentary format but am still interested in this show. Wasn't home Wednesday night (went to see The Wizard of Oz in hi-def at the theater!) so I'll have to catch it next time. Looks like a good cast - especially Ed O'Neill.

Sasman

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sasman a private message Print Post    
You can see the first episode on Hulu.

Hermione69

07-24-2002

Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hermione69 a private message Print Post    
This show is a rarity in that I am still laughing several days later when I recall some of the scenes!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"So we don't know what happened to Ed's previous wife (the mother of Julie and Cameron). "

I read in the TV Guide that the ex wife will be played by Shelly Long (Diane Chambers from "Cheers"). I was hoping the ex wife would be a cameo for Katey Sagal (Peg Bundy from "Married with Children"). :-)