TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 27, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 27, 2009 users admin

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
no, i don't get that impression. Shondra loves to use flashbacks and dead people in scenes. Think Denny, the bomb squad guy, Meredith's mom.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh I did, Neko. I thought it was kind of cruel, she ignores him all season then practically blames him for letting down the public. If the end of George's story was so important why didn't she fit it into last season's finale? It's not like she didn't know he was leaving.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Sounds like sour grapes to me. She had to know he was unhappy at not getting more screen time. She could have had more side stories that included George but she didn't and now she's trying to make him seem like a spoiled actor who wouldn't even come back for a great storyline.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It seems pretty suspect to me too or at best rather disappointing (or dare I say not too swift of her). She did nothing with the character for ages and now she is claiming she has this fantastic story to do when the actor has moved on?

Neko

08-03-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Exactly! I feel like with the way Shonda works, she would have known exactly how she was going to start/end the season opening the moment she planned George to be John Doe.

Therefore, when TR asked to be let out of his contract, she/ABC could have been like "Sure, after you film the season opener for us."
It seems highly suspect to me that she waited until AFTER he left to ask him to come back for the season opener, then lament about how he chose not to do it.

That being said, I kinda wish he would come back because that sounds like an AMAZING season start!!

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
I won't miss George's character. ::shrug:: As far as him not having much screen time last season, oh well. He had plenty the season before. This isn't O'Malley's Anatomy...just saying. lol

Spelll

09-16-2005

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spelll a private message Print Post    
Grey's Anatomy debut Thursday night!

Texannie

07-16-2001

Wednesday, September 23, 2009 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Ellen Pompeo Meets Babe's Anatomy
The doctor has delivered.

Grey's Anatomy resident Ellen Pompeo and her music-producer hubby, Chris Ivery, are first-time parents after giving birth to a baby girl Sept. 15 in Los Angeles, her rep confirms to E! News.

The prognosis is peachy. The newbie, Stella Luna Pompeo Ivery (just like the kids book!) and mom are said to be doing fine.

Pompeo, 39, and and Ivery, 41, began dating in 2003 (before she landed the titular job on ABC's hit Grey's Anatomy) and got hitched in 2007.

from enewsonline

Texannie

07-16-2001

Thursday, September 24, 2009 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I am exhausted! what a great show!

Necie

09-07-2006

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 1:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Necie a private message Print Post    
I love Izzie's speech, it brought the show full circle. That woman was starting to annoy me! Callie was annoying me for some reason until the end and I usually really like her. I for some reason got a little lost with what is happening to the hospital, Chief, and McDreamy. Was someone out of the loop and thought they were in the loop?

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I was annoyed with everyone. It was a good show, but everyone was SOOOO annoying and selfish.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I loved how it showed how grief affects everyone differently but in so many ways the same...especially sudden, unexpected loss. I still have regrets for how I handled my mother's death.
Necie, I am not 100% sure, but Derrick was approached for the chief's job because the board didn't think he was doing a good job running things. Derrick told the chief (he was being a good friend, he could have stabbed him in the back). Mercy is in budget troubles too so they decided to merge. Other than that, i am not really sure! LOL

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought it was a really good show...I had to watch some parts of it twice. Izzie's speech was great and that woman needed to hear it. I also really liked the storyline with the woman who lost her arms and leg. And Ellen Pompeo was absolutely glowing - she really blossomed in her pregnancy. I'm worried about Bailey's character though...she can't get all cold and Nazi-ish on us again!

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 8:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
For some reason, I have always loved the "stop the elevator" scenes. It's like an unwritten rule that the elevator at SGH is a sanctuary where people can do anything or say anything and it never leaves that elevator. Everyone needs a place like that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Now that I think about it I don't mind Bailey still being the Nazi...but she's so closed up and sad...you could see her infinite sadness deep in her eyes...it was horrible to see. She is such a great actress.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I think they will remove the Chief and the other residents besides Lexi.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the question will be what will happen to Shepherd? Does the Chief realize that he was protecting him by telling him about the coup (which obviously didn't happen since the Chief still has his job and there has been this merger)? Will Shepherd take his toys and want to go home? I'm not sure what will happen with Lexie, Meredith and Izzy for the time being, but Lexie is one of the top interns apparently. I think we will lose some of the interns (for instance the guy who was shaking so bad last night). And Callie will probably have to make a decision since now Mercy will be back under the reins of the Chief (who I thought should have explained the situation better to her last night but I guess between George and his job had enough on his plate). Anyway, good season premiere and lots of fodder for the season!

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think the Chief came up with the Merger idea when he was being treated at Mercy. He then presented it to the board as a way of "saving his own skin". The board went for it and are now going to merge with Mercy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think you are absolutely right...I hadn't thought how that connection was made (but then again I only slept about 3 hours last night). Good thinking!

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
yes, that was the impression i got about the merger.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Derek basically got screwed by trying to help the chief by giving him the heads up.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i don't think he was screwed by telling the chief. he told the chief so the chief could protect himself and stay.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I agree - I think Derek did what he did so the Chief could save his job. He wasn't gunning for that job ... if he had been he wouldn't have warned him about the coup.

Bicbicz911

08-20-2005

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bicbicz911 a private message Print Post    
If the lack of posts in this once-hoppin' thread are any indication, this show has lost much of it's appeal and is in danger of leaving our tv screens! I remember when there were pages of dialogue and lively debate about this beloved show after each episode.

After watching the opener last week, I was left with an "eh" feeling. Not great, nothing over the top, none of that real zest that made Grey's Anatomy a must see. For me, it felt like the cast was coasting.

One can only hope things can be turned around before it's too late.

Boberg

10-04-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
Wow, I really agree, I was gonna just leave and not say anything cause I was really dissappointed with the show on Thurs.

I once LOVED Grey's Anatomy cause it wasn't about medicine and medical trauma...it was about people and relationships and it made me laugh alot.

Mid last season and this season opener.....way too much medical trauma and crises way too little relationship story line.

I quit watching ER for that exact reason.

Whew....well at least I am not alone in my dissappointment.