TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 29, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 29, 2009 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 04, 2009 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, Mak1. She does need a new stylist for sure!

Bbfreak

07-06-2009

Thursday, September 10, 2009 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfreak a private message Print Post    
Are the Writers on Vacation? sheesh!!!
Examples:
Amber/Deacon:
I could make up a better story line while doing dishes...
Amber could eat him for lunch....<in My head anyway>
Ashley and her hysterical baby:
Should have been done 3 weeks ago.
How many times can we put up with ..
"I already have a doctor".
"I am just tired".
"I can't trust you!"
Ashley you hug pillows and cry all the time, HELLO!!! I don't care what the side effects are...TAKE THE MEDS!!! This has gone on too long.
PLEASE Let Victor get CAUGHT!!!
Nicholas: Inside your pants....Outside your pants...It's a simple solution....He shouldn't even have kids, even in make believe....Sharon truly falling in love with someone else would be AWESOME.
Lilly: Most of us had had someone in our family with cancer...Do we want to watch this? I know there is a public awareness thing going on but, I would say that 50% of the population know this situation close to heart......Why this storyline? And if it is such a Great story line...why touch on it once a week?
Gloria and Jeff? They belong on Saturday morning cartoons.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Friday, September 11, 2009 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
So, who is Kevin's brother's mother going to be? We didn't see her face yet so maybe Sheila?

Stormie

03-01-2007

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 12:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing they are dragging the Ashley baby story on so long, so they can have Adam and his doctor friend steal Sharon's baby.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Stormie, I have been thinking the same thing. I thought Ashley would end up in the same mental health facility Sharon is in, making it much easier for the doctor to pull off the baby theft.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I didn't even think of that! You guys are good.

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
Wow, good one. I hadn't thought of that either ... interesting ...

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Stormie and Mak, I was thinking the same thing. Nick told Victor that Sharon was due around the same time Ashley was, they're both told they're having girls...I didn't know how they'd pull it off, but now that Adam has his ankle bracelet off, that'll make it easier for him to pull something like this.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Saturday, September 12, 2009 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
If this does happen, Victor would be raising his son's baby. Previously, she was going to be raised by Nick's ex-stepfather. This poor child doesn't stand a chance at anything resembling a normal life.

Ranger, I'm expecting all kinds of trouble now that the ankle bracelet is off. I really love watching this actor as Adam.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Sunday, September 13, 2009 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I loved watching Adam sweat it out when he thought Ashley was going to be examined by another doctor. I just can't figure out why Adam is pushing Ashley over the edge the way he is. I'm sure it's to get back at Victor, but Ashley has been the only one to be nice to him..and this is how he repays her. I am enjoying this new Adam too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 21, 2009 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So do we know if Colleen is leaving the show?

Bbfreak

07-06-2009

Monday, September 21, 2009 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbfreak a private message Print Post    
Looks like the rumors are rampant that Colleen is going to be killed off. I got alot of info from SoapCentral.com. The GOOD news is that they put out a casting call for another Malcom. I don't know if they can do as good as the last one though. That is one FINE man!!But it looks like he is happy at Criminal Minds right now.
There's rumors that Victoria Rowell is comming back as Drucilla.

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Monday, September 21, 2009 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
I don't know about that ... I was reading that she's not coming back. Apparently she's saying that there are 3 cast members badmouthing her enough to keep her off, and Lily, Phyllis and Jack are the three.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 21, 2009 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
It will be very sad when they have to pull the plug on Colleen. Does anyone else see Lily being pregnant in the future and naming her baby Colleen?

There is no Malcolm but Shemar!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 21, 2009 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
And speaking of Victoria Rowell, did anyone see her Obama dress at the Emmys? A little over the top...

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Yep, that dress took some 'braves'.... I still love her and wish she would come back to the show...I miss her dramatic self, the show needs her back....Would love to see Shemar but he looks good in his new role very much....

So Nickie is alive and well, kinda missed where she was, was busy and looked up to see that Colleen is brain dead, Victor will be fine, and then there was Nikie, looken very much alive....

Just a thought.... awhile back some guy who had been paralized for the longest time recovered after a spider bite... Do we think that Pattie will take on spectacular recovery and be set out into the world....??? just taking a jab at her future role.... and yea Mamie, I think that your right.... Lily will have a baby and name it Colleen......

I have never liked the gal that plays Tracy, she comes off so fake to me.... is it only me?
and after seeing Ashley a mess for so long and suddenly she seems cured and back to normal except for that pesky baby problem.....

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
So Victor is going to get Colleen's heart? Sharon is going into labor as Ashley is checking into the psych ward? How will Adam get Sharon's baby and pass it off as Ashley's?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
He'll work is magic and get her doctor in there and maybe he'll have to tend to both women, who knows? I say yuck to Nikki getting back to Victor and a big yuck to Victor getting Colleen's heart. Does this mean that he will turn over a new leaf?

Mak1

08-12-2002

Sunday, September 27, 2009 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I read spoilers for the week, but I'm not telling. LOL

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Monday, September 28, 2009 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Oh thanks Mak...off to look for spoilers now! LOL

Mak1

08-12-2002

Monday, September 28, 2009 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
LOL. This site gives a good summary of the next day's show, along with some funny, snarky commentary:
young-restless.com

Rosem4243

06-27-2005

Monday, September 28, 2009 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosem4243 a private message Print Post    
I've just read the last two pages of this thread, and I must say you guys are cracking me up with your comments!

I watched Y & R faithfully for over 20 years, but got sick of the repetitive, recycled storylines and stopped watching a few years ago.

LOL @ Phyllis, Nick, Sharon triangle still ongoing (or back?) Victor left Nikki for Ashley, Ashley's lost her mind AGAIN, and now Victor is going back to Nikki?

I feel like I've missed NOTHING. And it's been at least 4 years since I watched an episode!

I may start watching again, just so I can make fun of it with you funny people! HA!!

Oh, and to look at Christian LeBlanc again!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 28, 2009 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
We do love our Christian!

I laughed at Nick today because Victoria tells him that Victor needs a new heart and he asks "a transplant?" I told my daughter no, he needs to eat one.

And how pathetic to put the actress who plays Abby (who can't cry to save her life or act) in a scene with the actor who plays Billy, who can act circles around her.

Sportsfan

09-03-2007

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 3:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sportsfan a private message Print Post    
Shades of Melody Thomas Scott — Emmy winner Eric Braeden has been written out of ‘Y&R’. The international superstar has already taped his last scenes. If you’re a fan of The Mustache, write into CBS NOW to keep our favourite villain on the tube!

The Soapgeist: Sept. 28, 2009

By Nelson Branco in Los Angeles

Breaking News: Here we go again — Eric Braeden written out of 'Y&R'! His “emotional” last day on the set! Plus: Is a 'GL' reunion already in the works? Also, Otalia finale kiss cut! Will 'One Life' be cancelled in 2010? Next week’s TV viewing guide!

SPECIAL NEWS EDITION — WEEKEND SUDS FLASHES
Is Eric Braeden the Man Who Won’t Come Back?
Stop the presses! Emmy winner Eric Braeden has been written out as the iconic Victor Newman on Y&R. The actor has already taped his last scenes. Reportedly, Victor and Nikki go on vacation.

For the past few weeks, Braeden has been involved in intense negotiations. While his contract is up at the end of 2010, Y&R has been asking actors to take pay cuts when their 13-week cycles expire.

Actors like Braeden and Melody Thomas Scott (Nikki), who this past summer was written out after she balked over the same issue, are furious; not over the fact that they are being asked to take pay cuts but that they are being expected to re-negotiate their contracts during their 13-week cycles. It is important to note that they are willing to take pay cuts but at the end of their contracts.

“Everyone knows they have to take a slash in pay,” says an insider. “That isn’t the issue — the issue is that their current contract isn’t being respected. Once you open up a contract during a cycle, the original contract is null and void and you must start over from scratch. Eric thinks he should be paid his current salary until next year. The same thing happened to MTS. Her contract wasn’t up this summer — her cycle was.”

As previously reported, Y&R is currently transitioning Adam Newman to inherit his father’s complex history. Additionally, the sudser has announced it’s casting a new millionaire bad guy named Tucker with a big name to cover their bases. “The casting call is not a scare tactic,” says an executive. “Tucker is a real role.”

During Braeden’s last tape date, the actor gave a speech to the cast saying he may not come back and thanked the cast and crew for decades of memories. “He said he wasn’t sure if he’d ever be back, and thanked everyone for their hard work,” says one co-star. “He got emotional towards the end. After his speech, there was dead silence. We were all stunned,” says another witness.

If you’re a fan of The Mustache, Soapgeist suggests you start writing into CBS, Sony, and Y&R like yesterday.

As much as I dislike the Victor character this show will go downhill without him!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, September 29, 2009 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I hadn't heard anything about that!