TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 22, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Big Bang Theory & Young Sheldon: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 22, 2009 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 9:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I saw something about Big Bang having huge ratings (for summer time) for reruns too, rating something like sixth in its slot, which is very unusual for second showings. It's the only current show I have set to record every episode, new or not, and I laugh again at each one. And to think they almost cancelled it after season one!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is Jim Sheldon?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, Dipo.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Thursday, July 16, 2009 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
Excellent news re: Jim Parsons' nomination. Did anyone see his interview on Craig Ferguson a few weeks back? (It may have been a repeat). It was so awkward and ridiculous, it was hilarious.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Friday, July 17, 2009 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I am pleased they did not ignore his talent this year. Good Luck to Jim, hope he brings home the Emmy.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, July 20, 2009 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The toilet on the space station really clogged up, LMAO, I guess Howard never got the part replaced. I about died laughing when I read about it in the paper. A Belgian and American astronaut had to fix it.

Gidget

07-28-2002

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gidget a private message Print Post    
Sheldon and Penny - a 21st century Burns and Allen.

Last night was a rerun and I was still roaring laughing.

Zeno39

11-09-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeno39 a private message Print Post    
This is the funniest and best show on tv today. If anyone objects, sorry, and too bad. It is well written, and the actors nail it to the T! If they don't get recognized for their writing and talent, then something is definitely wrong!! Raj is another one who absolutely cracks me up! I love them all. And one more note: Penny carries herself well with all of these guys. I don't think any other actress could have handled this as well as she has and be hilarious at the same time. She deserves a lot of credit!!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 9:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
It is the best show. All of them, but Penny and Sheldon mostly, have the most amazing facial reactions to the others. When Howard propositions Penny, she doesn't have to say a word, her face says it all. The same when Sheldon reacts to any of them. The others' reactions to Sheldon are also priceless. Right now it's the only show I watch in reruns and I try not to miss one as if it is a new show.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 11:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I agree with all the positive feedback regarding this show. I like all of the actors, and all of the characters. Sheldon is funniest because he's the biggest social misfit, and his interactions with Penny are funniest because she gets "it", and gives it back without remorse. Howard and Raj are unique in what they bring, and add immensely to the show. Leonard is the most normal, but he's still a genius...which makes his fumblings with Penny pretty amusing.

Darrellh

07-21-2004

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Darrellh a private message Print Post    
"Soft kitty, warm kitty
Little ball of fur
Lazy kitty, pretty kitty
purr, purr, purr..."

That makes me giggle, just typing it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, August 05, 2009 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
It makes me giggle reading it - largely because I hear Sheldon singing it (not Penny).

Sugar

08-15-2000

Sunday, August 09, 2009 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Does anybody know what episode Jim Parsons was nominated for?

Spear

08-06-2001

Monday, August 10, 2009 - 12:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spear a private message Print Post    
"The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis"
(I think this is the one where Penny gives Sheldon a napkin signed by Leonard Nimoy)

link

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 10, 2009 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, that was the best episode.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Monday, August 10, 2009 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I have rewatched that episode several times on line. It is by far the best of a fantastic series.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, August 10, 2009 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks Spear. Although it was funny and the actual gift giving scene was hysterical I'm kinda surprised that this was the episode submitted. I recall The Barbarian Sublimation, The Euclid Alternative, The Cooper-Nowitzki Theorem and The Panty PiƱata Polarization as having more great Sheldon moments. However, anytime you could potentially grow your own Spock is worthy.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Tuesday, August 11, 2009 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Too funny - that is the one episode that I've left on my DVR all season! SOOO funny - in fact I rewatched it last night again. Everytime he goes in to hug Penny I about die laughing!

Texannie

07-16-2001

Sunday, September 20, 2009 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Sheldon is from here. This is a nice article from our paper this morning. It's long so here's the link
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ent/6625702.html

Debra

11-20-2003

Sunday, September 20, 2009 - 12:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Debra a private message Print Post    
Very nice article. Thanks! I love this show and hope he wins.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, September 21, 2009 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Loved the season premier. I have missed new episodes of TBBT. I laughed several times. Was very sorry that Jim Parson's didn't take home the Emmy.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Monday, September 21, 2009 - 10:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I was sorry he didn't win too.

It was a good opener. I was cracking up. I'm so glad we finally get some new shows.

The cheese stands alone. :-)

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 2:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Great premier!!!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Jim Parsons reminds me of Jack Benny. He doesn't have to say anything. The look on his face is enough to set off the laughs. His character is predictable and so funny you just sit there and wait for it again and again. While he didn't win this year, he is in for a great career.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It was a pretty good show. I thought that opening scene would have been funnier if Sheldon had walked in with zero hair growth rather than a gotee.