TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 23, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Days of Our Lives: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 23, 2009 users admin

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
This show lost me forever when they trashed Deidre Hall. And I am an old-school fan, from back in the '70's. I was actually watching Days on a break from class in college when breaking news announced Reagan had been shot. I can even remember watching the early Susan what's her nut and her for real husband with my babysitter when I was very young. For years, even if I could't watch daily, I would still check in occasionally to see what was going on with the old characters (I checked out for awhile on that writer's first tour where the story had Doc possessed.)

Crap on them. I'll never watch again. They may as well go ahead and murder Alice for real, it's basically where the show is for me at this point. Dead.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2009 - 4:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have been ff'ing Will since he came back to town, and Mia as well.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I spotted Marcellas from BB sitting in the church today for the funeral!

So sad that this story line hd to go this way.

Everyone keeps forgetting how Sami got pg with Grace - She CHOSE to sleep with EJ!!!!! And cheated on Lucas too.

Sia

03-11-2002

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I was so happy to think that the annoying Melanie was leaving (jetting off to London, PLEASE!), but then the second she bumped into the young cute guy at the hospital, I knew that she would be forced on us for at least the summer. Why do soap operas really believe that teen storylines for summer draw in new/more viewers? Teen storylines really try my patience.

It would have been a far more interesting story had the show let Grace live and have all the adults deal with the aftermath--after Sami finally finds out that Sydney is really her baby. Actually, a teen storyline that I would have liked to see would have involved Mia gaining custody of Grace and having to raise her--but in a realistic way: unemployed/underemployed, without family, unwed teen mother faced with finishing school while raising an infant. I would have loved to see Will step up as a surrogate father to the baby and help Mia raise her. Now, that would have been a storyline that I could have supported.

As you know from some of my previous posts, soap operas don't utilize child actors well and just kill off baby and/or child characters too often instead of writing truly believable story involving babies and children. It makes me sick.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
So tonight after dinner I'm enjoying my tivo'ed Days. DH caught a bit of the funeral and asked what was up with EJ and Sami. Boy was he sorry! LOL It took me over 5 minutes to give even the bare-bones of THAT storyline with the baby. It was kinda' funny to try to explain the convoluted storyline to an "outsider."

The teens - bleh. How is this new kid related to Maggie? I know it was explained yesterday, but I was only half paying attention.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
My guilty pleasure - Ross Matthews as Kate's assistant. His blog has always amused me, and he's cracking me up on Days.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Even though Philip is an "evil Kiriakis" I felt bad for him today when Steph broke it off.

Geez between him and Lucas - they can't find a woman who'll stay with them!

And for crying out loud, I know Salem isn't supposed to be a huge town but do Chloe and Daniel have to run into each other every day? I do think they pair up well but if you don't want to see someone you do everything you can!

Kate is a psycho.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
I didn't feel bad for Philip, mainly because I love the Kiriakis and DiMeras as bad guys - they're more fun to watch when things aren't going their way. :-)

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
aww I love the Kiriakis and DiMera bad guys too!

Sia

03-11-2002

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 5:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Teach, I think the new kid (intern at hospital) is supposed to be Maggie's grandson. Would he be Melissa's boy? I can't keep track. I'd like to see Max stay on the show

Ship Melanie off-and send the new kid away, too.

And nail Kinsey into a wooden crate and ship her overseas--with no air holes in the crate!

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yep, Sia - I looked it up and he's supposedly Melissa and Emilio's son Nathan.

Sia

03-11-2002

Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
I remember Melissa, but don't remember her marrying Nathan. That could have happened off-camera, though. Lazy storytelling, when they do that.

Kate comes off as the evil stepmother from Sleeping Beauty holding out her poisoned apple for Chloe to eat. Kate's creepy, cold, and vile. She should be arrested and sent to prison. I hate Chloe, so I don't want Kate arrested before she kills Chloe!!! If she offs Daniel in the process, I'd consider that a bonus.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Thursday, July 02, 2009 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Melissa married Emilio - Nathan is their son. (although given the way soaps mess w/people's families, he could be her husband too! LOL)

Sia

03-10-2002

Friday, July 03, 2009 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
LOL, Teach, I meant marrying Emilio. I didn't proofread my post. Thanks. I had no idea who her husband was. Don't Mickey and Maggie have a second daughter? That was so many years ago that it's hard to remember.

Hey, can anyone tell me what happened on Thursday's show? My DVR didn't tape because Soap channel/DirecTV messes things up every Thursday with DOOL and broadcasts GH instead of Days at 11 p.m. Usually I can tape the show at 4:00 a.m. the next morning, but instead they showed Southern Belles: Louisville again. I wanted to know what happened. Someone used to e-mail me a daily summary of the show, but that was years ago. Any links, info would be appreciated.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
There was no show today because of Wimbledon. You didn't miss a thing. :-)

As for Mickey and Maggie, they had another daughter Sara. I think I screwed up, though. Melissa was their adopted daughter, and she never married Emilio. She actually pushed him out a window and killed him. When she and Sara left, she wasn't married, so I have no idea now who her husband is supposed to be. (Thank heavens for Dustin's history pages. :-))

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, July 03, 2009 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Oh, good grief! I just did some more digging, and this is a blatant re-writing of history. Melissa was married to Pete Jannings for about 1 year before the whole Emilio storyline. No kids - although it says she was pregnant when she came back for Bo and Hope's wedding in 1996. Since then - no marriages and no children. The Days site said Nathan is Melissa and Pete's child, but they weren't together since 1987! Even if they had gotten together and Nathan was born in 1996, that would make him all of 13 - hardly a doctor! SORAS (soap opera rapid aging syndrome) is in full swing here!

Sia

03-10-2002

Sunday, July 05, 2009 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the info about the show, and for reassuring me that I'm not losing my mind. The tennis coverage explains why there was no broadcast of DOOL! I haven't read Dustin's pages in a long while. I'm going to look at that.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, July 06, 2009 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
EEEWWWWW!!!! Something just hit me today (yeah - I know I'm a bit slow on the uptake). If Max marries Chelsea, he's marrying his niece, since he's Bo's brother. Yeah, I know he's adopted so truly no blood relation, but this is as bad as Stephanie - who was also his niece! Can this boy not find a girl outside his immediate family????

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Teach, that whole thing bothers me, too. I totally agree - it's just too close for comfort for me! With both Chels and Steph!!! ewwwwww

It was so weird that he calls Caroline "ma" and Steph and Chels call her "grandma".

Sia

03-10-2002

Tuesday, July 07, 2009 - 7:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
Add me to the list, gals. Apparently there was no one in Salem to match Max with who was outside his family, so he started dating cousins. The problem with soaps is that the writers/producers throw every possible combination of characters together to see who has "sparks" or "chemistry" in the vain attempt to create another "supercouple" and it's not so formulaic. It's disheartening to see characters run through relationships like people go through underwear. Daniel's character is a great example. He's absolutely repugnant to me after crawling all over Chelsea, Kate and Chloe all within a short span of time. Supercouples are a magic combination and every couple on daytime can't be a supercouple, by the very definition of the term.

I still want Nick back on the show and Melanie to be run over by a steamroller.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, July 12, 2009 - 7:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Larry Welch was on the pilot episode of Drop Dead Diva! He was the "bad guy" in the trial. :-)

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
What da' he!! was wrong w/Philip's hair yesterday when he and Steph talked in the hospital. For a "professional" it looked more like a beach bum cut!

Angelicfairies2

07-19-2004

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 6:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
Ha ha I thought the same thing..WTH happen to his hair.
Can we get rid of Kate? She's so annoying!
This show is finally starting to lose me.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Just when I was thinking Philip was getting cute - fire the hair dresser!
At least EJ is back to being better groomed.

Iheartkaysar

08-16-2005

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Iheartkaysar a private message Print Post    
My hair does what Philip's did. . .when I haven't washed it for two days and I've been sick in bed!

Why does Nathan call Maggie "Maggie" rather than grandma? It seems odd to me.