TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 28, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 28, 2009 users admin

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, May 17, 2009 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
He's on Private Practice.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Monday, May 18, 2009 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
Ahhhh, got it. Thanks.

Flyinbluangl

04-06-2009

Monday, May 18, 2009 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flyinbluangl a private message Print Post    
What was the signifance (sp) about 007 that marideth figured out it was george?..I don't understand why they had to kill george off.. he could of just left happily...IMO

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Monday, May 18, 2009 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
In the first season George was in on a surgery and he made a mistake that almost killed the patient. Alex started calling him 007 (aka License to Kill).

Shonda has said that no decisions have been made about either characters future and the writing team isn't meeting again until June to decide.

Flyinbluangl

04-06-2009

Monday, May 18, 2009 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flyinbluangl a private message Print Post    
ahhh IC...Thankz WPrincess.. I am hoping that he lives and just walks away..i know he is leaving the show..I don't think he has to die to leave the show....Or at least get someone else to pllay "george" and it be a new cast to make the whole reconstruction of his face plausible...

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Monday, May 18, 2009 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Flyin, I've read that concept of casting a new George. But there's one reason that would bug me. They had a GREAT George in TR Knight, and they totally had him do NOTHING this season. We didn't see any of his special friendship with Izzy until the last show (and with what she's been going through he should have been front and center). All his story lines were afterthoughts, and many episodes some stand ins got more airtime then he did.

My point is if they wanted a really good George O'Malley they had one and they totally didn't use him. Why keep him if they don't want to write for him? Sigh

And I know what they are saying about not making any decisions until June, just not sure I believe it

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Monday, May 18, 2009 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
Lurk - I completely agree with everything you said.

Shonda also said, I believe in that same article, that she purposely had George be in a lesser role this season so that no one would notice he was missing most of the finale.

I have a real hard time swallowing that pill.

I personally think that both TR and Katherine spoke publicly about unhappiness and she took it and ran with it. What a mess - this all stems from that stupid Isiah Washington mess that she let go on way too long without resolving!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, May 18, 2009 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That doesn't make sense at all (what Shonda said). And who does that to an actor anyway? I hope TR finds some new, more fulfilling roles somewhere else.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 4:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
You are all assuming it was Sondra's decision to not utilize TR Knight...perhap TR Knight didn't want to be. It's not like she punished Katherine with a small role for speaking out about wanting to leave.

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 6:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
And Wowprincess ITA with everything you said lol. Clearly we are on the same Grey's page. :-) Texannie, the reason I heard quoted for why TR was unhappy was because he was doing nothing. So seems to me that is the cause of him wanting to go (if those stories were true) not vice versa.

I kinda wondered if Izzy was dressed to go on to her date with Denny that she never made. I'm not certain about that, as it is a bit odd for a newlywed BUT it would sort of make sense, especially with how much Denny was involved this season.

IMHO so much of this boils down to how accurate that info the actor who plays The Chief was when he slipped to a reporter and said Katherine and TR were both leaving. Was it an honest slip? Did Shonda use him to slip mis-information? I would like to believe that latter, but not sure I do.

Lurknomore

07-07-2001

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lurknomore a private message Print Post    
Dang that's what I get for posting pre-coffee. Forgot the point that I first started to reply about yesterday then again today.

Neko, that definitely was TR Knight under that intense face makeup. In one of the articles I read with Shonda (there are only 2, The writers blogs above and Ausiello at the EW sites (not sure which it was) she spoke about how great he was to lie under that heavy, uncomfortable makeup. And in playing it back I caught it was him, something I missed the first go round. But that face was so torn up and the makeup so good I literally watched through my fingers some parts in the first viewing.

I'm glad I had no clue early on as I think it would have ruined the jaw dropping 007 scene.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Maybe Izzy will lose her memory and go she will only remember to Prom Night right before Denny died and nothing after.

Sia

03-11-2002

Tuesday, May 19, 2009 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sia a private message Print Post    
The reason that George was so badly injured in the season finale is that any show has to have a major cliffhanger to get viewers to talk about it and wonder/worry during the hiatus. That episode was a real tearjerker!! I was blubbering like a baby, both when I watched it and later when I recapped it verbally for DH. He doesn't want to spend two hours watching a Grey's finale, so I told him what happened and I was hit just as hard when I told him the storyline as I was when I watched it. --Then I re-watched the whole 2-hour finale AGAIN! And I cried HARD again.

I think this is why I watch so much reality television; dramas make me get so involved emotionally and I really cry hard when someone is hurt or killed.

Ladybug007

08-13-2000

Wednesday, May 20, 2009 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladybug007 a private message Print Post    
TR Knight doesnt want to be on the show. I have seen that on Perez Hilton. Numerous other sites as well.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Finally watched my recording tonight. I generally figure out "whodunits" and plot twist but didn't even think that George was the John Doe bus victim. I have missed George and hate to seem him go if that is true. I would hate to have another actor take over the role.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I guess I had distanced myself from the George and Izzie characters, as I grew to dislike the childish petulance of the actors outside the show, and while I felt pain and cried as the show moved toward that ending, and it was well done.. I wasn't as hurt as I'd be to lose almost any other character (Bailey would be a deal breaker for me)

I have a friend who argues that they HAVE to be dead, both of them. I try to remind her that Meredith was also dead, saw her mother and saw Denny and is back among the living and that wasn't a brain malfunction, just a near-death out of body experience.

===

The other day I read an article/interview with Taylor Kitsch, who plays Tim Riggins so well.. and he's in Wolverine and has another movie coming out in 2010, he's hot.. but when he was asked if he would want to jump ship on Friday Night Lights, he basically said that FNL and the people there had done so much for his career that they had him "as long as they want me".

And I guess I like that kind of loyalty. Young actors get a great opportunity that turns into a ratings success and some seem to just want to use that as a springboard, leaving behind mourners for a great character.

As for knowing it was George.. they sure had me fooled. I had read spoilers that George might join the army, so that wasn't a surprise, but it wasn't until about the same time Meredith had the lightbulb.. I saw that he was trying to communicate with her and was thinking.. hmm and then.. yikes! I did think it was nice for the character George to know that Meredith did try to give him a way to communicate, when she had no idea it was her friend.

The elevator scene was a nice touch.. like so many, I at first thought it would be Denny, since there was Izzie in the prom outfit from the night Denny died, but there was George...

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Look like they could be brothers? Guesses on second photo?

T.R. Knight
T.R.

Christopher Connelly 2

Msbullwnkl

08-16-2005

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Msbullwnkl a private message Print Post    
Isn't that Harrison Ford?

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I think it is Tom Berenger. I don't think they resemble each other.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Don't see a resemblance, huh? Guess it's my weird eyes. No, not Harrison or Tom. I'll give it a little while longer.

T.R. always has reminded me of this actor.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Must be that guy I think looks like Tom Berenger then, lol.
Now I will drive myself crazy trying to think of his name.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I'm currently watching the first episodes of Peyton Place just released on DVD. Remember Norman Harrington a/k/a Christopher Connelly?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 23, 2009 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Close to Ryan O'Neal of long ago.

Don't really think they look alike, though.

Biginjapan

07-23-2005

Friday, July 24, 2009 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biginjapan a private message Print Post    
It is hard to root for this show with all the drama. Used to love it.

Neko

08-03-2001

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 8:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else find Shonda's new interview of what she had been planning on doing for the season opener kind of, well, suspicious?

It's like, T.R quits after Shonda spent an entire season under-using him, then now is like "Oh, the season opener would have been entirely about him." now that he's gone and we wouldn't be able to prove otherwise.

Here's the interview for anyone who wants to read it.

Ausiello Files BEWARE KINDA SPOILERISH