TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
The Good Wife

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: The Good Wife users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESKappy1075 44 03-09-15  4:03 pm
Archive through May 04, 2015Spunky25 05-04-15  9:30 am
Archive through November 02, 2015Lazylu25 11-02-15  9:12 am
Archive through December 16, 2015Babyjaxmom25 12-16-15  10:36 pm
Archive through March 29, 2016Ophiliasgrandma25 03-29-16  6:00 am
Archive through May 10, 2016Missyb25 05-10-16  8:03 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, May 10, 2016 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Well... in the end, she became who Peter was in the beginning.... right?

Spunky

10-07-2001

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Oh wow! I understood that the affair was actually true and that Alicia used that to discredit him as witness no matter how that could have hurt Diane. In that, she did become what Peter was in the beginning as stated above. It would have been absurd to invent the affair to discredit the witness, it must have been true and Alicia used all the tools she had to save her husband from prison. After all, that's a lawyer's job.

Still, I liked the Alicia of the first season more.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
The attorneys ion this show always used innuendo to cast "doubt" whether it was true or not. All the needed was responsible doubt. That's why I felt the accusation was ambiguous . Could be true but if not, cast doubt on integrity.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
What Alicia did was sacrifice her partner and her partner's marriage for the sake of Peter. My hubby said she was just doing her job, but I questioned the ethics of it. If you have to destroy the life of someone you supposedly care about to get your client free, what kind of a job is that? I guess that's why lawyers have such a bad reputation.

Alicia pretty much destroyed her own life in the process. She blew up her partnership with Diane, Jason apparently got tired of waiting around and flew the coop. What's left for Alicia? Not much. An empty apartment and no job. Again. Sad ending to an otherwise great series.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 7:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
I don't think it was only a matter of 'casting doubt', there must have been certainty about the affair, otherwise Diane could have easily sued Alicia for defamation, (maybe if the show continued we would have seen this). And I don't think that it really destroyed Diane's marriage, it's probable that the two would stay united in spite of the affair be true or not.
I think it had to end this way, Alicia did not do it for her husband but for the father of her children.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Or, did Alicia do it to win ??? It is deliberately ambiguous .

Lazylu

04-09-2010

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 8:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lazylu a private message Print Post    
I don't think Alicia could be sued since it was Lucca that actually did it. I realize it was at Alicia direction though. Diane should have let her husband be cross examined and this probably wouldn't have happened.

Spunky

10-07-2001

Thursday, May 12, 2016 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spunky a private message Print Post    
Exactly. I think it's Diane who should be blamed and really it's too bad because Diane seemed always a very good lawyer and knew the importance of winning a case no matter what, it's too bad that she stopped being a good lawyer for fear of humiliation.

How funny that the series ended and it left so many possibilities for yet another sequel. However, I won't miss it too much and I'd love to see the actors in some new tv series.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, September 16, 2016 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I know this is way behind the times, but I finally finished all seven seasons last night (Amazon Prime) and loved every episode, even the ones that were less strong than the others -- including the finale. I agree it could've been better, but it was still better than 80% of the shows on the air.

I really enjoyed reading all of your reviews that were posted over the years - thanks everyone for sharing your opinions.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, September 17, 2016 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Glad to hear you enjoyed this show, Uncle Ricky! This was always a favorite for DH and me. The writing on this show was just so good! I miss it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: