TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 03, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Daytime Dramas (Soap Operas): Young and the Restless: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 03, 2009 users admin

Mak1

08-12-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
They had to write her out during her contract negotiations, then write her back in when she eventually signed. (She stated that in an online interview, so I don't consider it a spoiler.) That's why she is missing.

Mamie and Chew, I'm not enjoying these storylines either. Everyone on there has cheated so much in the past couple weeks, I've almost lost track. It's disgusting me......yet I'm still watching. LOL Doug Davidson was superb in that scene with Patty! There should be fireworks when he and Jack learn Victor's evil part in all this.

I saw a spoiler about Nicky's return. I'll look for it and post the link.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
The spoiler isn't there anymore, as they have moved on to other stories. It was on this site: soapcentral.com It gives spoilers for the coming week, and a peek ahead.

I'll put the Nicky spoiler in a spoiler box here:
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
She is supposed to return with memory loss (how original <snort>) and with an attractive man who may turn out to be Kay Chancellor's long-lost son. I don't know who that would be, but that is what the spoiler said.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Interesting.....

Theowl

09-28-2000

Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Theowl a private message Print Post    
WOW!! Amnesia!! I'm Shocked...just SHOCKED!!! Where did they get an idea like that?!?!

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
Oh good grief ... I'm thinking they need new writers. Oh wait, they tried that and the new writers didn't bother to do their homework so they didn't know all the history, or else they thought we were stupid and didn't remember it ... anyway, they need a group of long time watchers to fix this show.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
You got that right, Ladyt. We should be writing this show. I think we'd do a bang-up job.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
LOL, Owl. I was trying to remember everyone on Y&R who has been afflicted with it. For starters, we have Victor, Nicholas, and Katherine. Others have just broken from reality...Sharon, Ashley, Patty/MJ, Kevin, Jenna (or Janna?). Victoria has had so many head injuries, no wonder she doesn't act the same (per JT) and looks sedated (per Mamie :-))

Why doesn't Paul have an office any more? His meetings all seem to be at Crimson Lights or in the church.

Does Noah still live at the ranch? I assume he does, because of the Zapato memorial. (cheesiest line ever - "...and he always wagged his tail.") Where is his bedroom? Who feeds him now that the staff all seems to be gone?

After all the hoopla and excitement in court, Tyra was granted adoption of Ana....then we never saw Ana again!

Why don't the producers buy some acting lessons for the girl playing the part of Abby? Better yet, why don't they just hire an actress who is the age Abby really should be and can this one?

Does Jack have a job now? Billy?

I've actually begun asking these things, and more, of the television while we're watching the show. In fact, one day I hollered "AMBER, just tell Daniel why you can't leave with him right now!!"

Do you think I'm losing it, too?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Saturday, August 22, 2009 - 7:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oh Mak, I talk to the screen all the time. We can go to the funny farm together.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Phew! At least I'll be in good company. Just make sure we don't end up where Sharon is!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness, I was thinking that I was the only one totally bored. I fast-forward through most of the show. I usually only pay attention to michael, lauren and gloria. Not interested in deacon, ashley just needs to get over it and go to the funny farm with Sharon where she can figure out her baby isn't alive.

And I been wondering if Nikki was laying in a stream somewhere like Kathryn, LMAO, but she is probably recuperating in a trailer park somewhere,LOL.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
LOL, Dipo.

I feel the need to discuss hair. First, I think Lily is very pretty with her baldness. Am I correct in thinking it is a bald wig? Her head looks big to me, like it would with hair stuffed under a bald wig.

Ashley...what is that on her head? It looks like a big hot mess to me.

Nikki...enough said.

Chloe...had a contemporary, cute hairstyle. Even when her behavior was at its worst, I admired her cute style. Now it looks lank, shapeless and plain. I know she has more important things on her mind right now, but still....

Amber...her hair seems too flat and not as pretty a style as she used to have. (see last sentence re:Chloe above)

Lauryn...has returned from the missing. I loved her hair color and style before she went missing (vacation, probably). What happened?? Why is she wearing a bad style from the 60s, and where did the pretty highlights go?

Mackenzie...went from severe ponytail to girly curls to....I don't know, I don't pay much attention to her.

Tyra...WTH did they do to her hair? She also had a chic, pretty style. When she left in disgrace, her "hair" was very distracting to me. It was not attractive at all.

Cain...after the big lie was revealed, he stopped combing and threw out his styling products. I think he's doing better now, though.

I think the rest of them look okay. I really love Victoria's hair when it's soft and bouncy and no strange men are running their hands through it.

When LadyT and Mamie take over writing the scripts, I hope they can use their clout to hire a new hairstylist. :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Well first of all, Cane can be a big hot mess and that would be okay with me. LOL

I think a new hairstylist and a new wardrobe person should be in the works. They made Nikki so frumpy!

And while we are at it, I say more Michael! He's one of the best actors that they have.

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Sunday, August 23, 2009 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
Definitely more Michael. And either a new Mac or the old one back. That's for starters.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Sunday, August 30, 2009 - 11:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Christian LeBlanc won the daytime Emmy for Outstanding lead actor. Well deserved. He's got to be one of the best actors in daytime television.

Jushvnfn

07-29-2006

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jushvnfn a private message Print Post    
Oh good grief ... I'm thinking they need new writers.

What happened to Noah's dog?

Really, Nuns habits are that easy to get? What, do they just leave them hanging in a cloak room? Where are the naked Nuns?

Between Jeff and Gloria they can't buy a cup of coffee at Crimsom Lights, or pay the cell phone bill. Where did Jeff get the van?

So Gloria magically pulls a "throw away" cell phone out of her pocket. She tells Jeff it's a good thing because it can't be traced back to them. Jeff uses it to call Victor. Victor blows him off. He calls Jack. During their conversation, the call waiting beeps. It's Victor calling back. Since Jeff never gave Vic the number, HTH did he call him back on a untraceable cell phone???
I could go on and on...geesh

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
LOL @ where are the naked nuns!

Mak1

08-12-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Jush, do you holler these things at the tv, like I do?

If Jack wants to be a father SO SO SO much, why doesn't he look up some of the kids he already fathered? You know, see how they got by without him all these years? Cry me a river, Jack.

I love the new actor portraying Adam. He plays the character with such an edge. He's believable, no matter what he is up to at the time. The MJ/Patty actress is great, too! No matter what nonsense they write for her, she does her best with it.

LOL @ the naked nuns, too!!

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Good for Christian LeBlanc, He has always been one of my fav's....and seems to have the hardest roles.... I like those Baldwin boys.... its just the parents that are a mess....constently...

Zapato (the dog) was poisened by 'MaryJane'...or who ever...'Patty'..... that made me mad....why the heck kill off the dog.....

Yep, Now we get the Sharon/Nick/Phylis saga once again....maybe they should just move to Utah and become One...and take turns at each other.... Im so sick of Sharon....(in a perfect world, there would be a glitch and Jack would really be the father..)......we shall see....

def need some new writers, as for the first time ever I just sorta 'hit and miss' the show....

and I am still wondering about Nikki,...... whats up with that..... was it snowing that night she got hit, maybe her body is frozen in the snow out there and she will be brought to life 'like a miricle' since she has been preserved in some ice pack all this time..... Im kidden...... but you never know.......

But of course, I keep watching........after 25 yrs, what can I do??? LOL

Chewpito

01-04-2004

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 7:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Mak, your right.....where are all of Jacks kids... when will they show up in all of this.... like puppys, when they are not little and cute anymore...they just faze them out...so easly forgotten........

Quick question.... Did Amber have a baby with Deacon...?? I cant remember that story line...

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I think that Amber's cousin had a baby with Deacon.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Chew, it was pouring rain on the night that Ashley hit Nikki. She is supposed to be coming back. In the meantime, why hasn't anyone found her wandering or moldering in a ditch? What is she eating and drinking?

Mamie, yes that is what Amber said. I think she was raising the baby for a while.

It is great to see Christian LeBlanc get some recognition! Who would have thought Michael and Lauren would have the healthiest relationship on this crazy show?

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Who would have thought?!

I think that when Amber was on B&B, she tried to pass off her cousins baby for her and Rick's baby. I could be wrong.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, Mak1 I asked the same thing! Is she laying in a river somewhere waiting for Murphy to rescue her!

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
She'll get her own Murphy. Probably some once-well-known sitcom star who is hard up for a role.

Mak1

08-12-2002

Thursday, September 03, 2009 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Lol Dipo and Mamie, maybe Murphy will find her on his next fishing trip! I hope if there is a new guy for Nikki, he is a hairstylist.