TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 30, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Doctor Who/Torchwood: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 30, 2009 users admin

Calamity

10-18-2001

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the news!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I am just catching up on Torchwood on the Space station. Last weeks ep was the Alien Meat one. The exchange between Gwen and Jack when she asked him if he had ever eaten alien meat, he said yes, she said was it good, and Jack replied he seemed to like it and the look between them, it was one of those few exchanges that made me snort tea out my nose, so lol.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, September 02, 2008 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Gotta love Jack :-).

Gemma120in2002

07-05-2003

Monday, September 15, 2008 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gemma120in2002 a private message Print Post    
I agree Kitt. Did you catch John Barrowman in "The Producers" with Matthew Broderick and Nathan Lane? He was the platinum blond singing Nazi who sang "Springtime For Hitler". He has a beautiful singing voice.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, September 15, 2008 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If you like his voice he has some (quite long) clips from his cds at his website:
http://www.johnbarrowman.com/ecard/

And then he has some videos at his youtube page:
http://www.youtube.com/johnbarrowmantv

I find him good bath music!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, September 15, 2008 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
I watch that Graham Norton talk show on BBC America, and apparently John Barrowman is a panelist on British reality contest show. One of the recent guests on this show commented that no one admires or likes talking about John Barrowman more than John Barrowman; the guest and Graham both seemed to be hiding knowing smirks. I guess he's got a bit of a reputation in the U.K.??

A bit more on topic-when is the new season going to show in the U.S. and did they add Martha and/or Mickey to the regular cast?

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, September 15, 2008 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Do you remember the reality show here to find the John Travolta/Olivia Newton-John characters for the stage show of Grease? There was a similar show over there called "How do you solve a problem like Maria? where they were trying to find the Maria for a stage production of "The Sound of Music." Graham was the host so I guess they worked together a lot - sounds like they might not have got on!

I think people either love him because he's good looking and charming, or hate him because he's good looking and arrogant. It's all in the eye of the beholder!

The next series isn't out in the UK until next year, but guessing (and only guessing) it'll be on in the Spring, I guess it'll be shown here very soon after. Eve and Ianto are definitely in it but I haven't heard about Martha and Mickey. I think Rhys has a big role. Rumour has it that John won't be in all the episodes, but I'm not sure I believe that.

I don't know how much I can look forward to it without Owen.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, January 12, 2009 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Wow, BBC America are going to show Torchwood at the same time in the US as they are in the UK! Yeyy!

(just read my last line in the post above though. Owen, sigh :-(.)

>Post Gazette link

A five-episode "Torchwood" miniseries will air on BBC America this summer at the same time it premieres in England.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, January 12, 2009 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Thanks for posting that, Kitt!

And oh darn it. That article reminded me to check on something and now I just got accidentally spoiled. Last month I had read on ATC (a theater message board) that David Tennant would need spinal surgery after injuring his back while in the RSC's production of Hamlet and that his recovery could cause problems in shooting the next season's DW episodes. So I just checked to see if there were any updates and...I really should know better than doing that.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, January 12, 2009 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think it would be very hard to not be spoiled by the thing I think you were spoiled by, as there was an official announcement by the BBC last week. So don't be upset with yourself, you wouldn't have been able to not see it for long.

I'm sure that didn't make any sense!

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Lol, actually it did!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, February 06, 2009 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Here's a trailer for the next season "Torchwood: Children of Earth":
Torchwood trailer from Zap2it

Looks good! It airs on BBC America but doesn't say when. All I can find online is "later this year."

Torchwood fans might also like "Survivors," which I heard will be shown on BBC America too sometime this year. It's about a disease that hits Earth, leaving just a few survivors, and they have to work out a way to live together. It was really good, unfortunately it's only a six part season and really leaves you wanting more when it ends.

Ladyw

06-28-2007

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladyw a private message Print Post    
Torchwood -- BBC America -- July 20.....

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2009 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been watching the old episodes and am still a little in love with Owen. I wish we could pretend the last few episodes of last season didn't happen and start again with him in it.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Oh, thanks for posting this. July 20 will be the 40th anniversary of the Moon landing!

I can't really remember what happened at the end of the season with Jack's brother. Maybe Owen will be able to come back somehow, for you, Kitt. They never really explained what had happened to him, did they? I mean when he first died. Or did I just forgot?

Just remembered that the finale of DW made me wonder if Mickey and/or Martha would be joining Torchwood.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Unfortunatley, I didn't see either Mickey or Martha in the previews. Hope that was just an overlook, as I think they'd both do well on this show.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I think it's just Jack, Eve and Ianto. Does anyone know how BBC America is airing the season? In the UK it's running each night for five nights.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Friday, June 19, 2009 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
According to the BBC America site, it's a "five-night miniseries event" which sounds like five nights in a row to me (which would explain why it's premiering on a Monday). And it looks like there's a marathon of past epis the weekend before. Oh and the photo only shows Gwen, Jack and Ianto.

A month or two ago I saw a commericial for this with kinda scary kids saying "We are coming" over and over again. It made me think of Village of the Damned! But I have no idea what it's actually about.

BBC America site

ETA: I just watched the two commercials for this and they looked pretty different than that teaser with the kids just saying "We are coming" over and over.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2009 - 1:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Oh that will be good, much better than having to wait weeks for each episode. It looks like they've put a lot of effort into it, and the BBC usually do miniseries very well.

I think Owen was shot during that episode when Martha came back and they were escaping from... somewhere. I'm watching the episodes again, as I forget so easily, but I'm still on Season 1. Jack resurrection-gloved him and he became undead until the finale. Strange thing to do to a character.

Did Scifi ever show the Easter special of Doctor Who? I have it, but still haven't watched it. I don't think it ties into this Torchwood at all, but I heard this Torchwood tied back into Dr Who at the end.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I don't know if the special was shown or not but I don't watch that channel much so it's possible I missed it. I hope not. I'd think it's unlikely they'd air just a single special epi though since it might be overlooked.

That thing with Owen being dead but still kicking, so to speak, was what I couldn't remember if it was explained or not.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, June 22, 2009 - 11:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It looks like it's on youtube (in pieces of course), if you did want to see it:
http://www.youtube.com/user/drwhoplanetofthedead

It was an hour long, and the Easter Special - they're only doing four(?) more with the last doctor through 2010 and this was one of them. I think the next is Christmas. I looked at Scifi's schedule and there's no mention of it, but I would think they'd have it at some point.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Doctor Who fans - "The Next Doctor" is showing on BBCA tonight! It's the Christmas special, the one where they introduce... the next doctor! It's on at 6pm and 9pm my time, probably repeating throught the week. I'm not sure if it's been on BBCA before.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Here is an article about the actor who is to become the next incarnation of The Doctor if anyone is interested:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/4124591/Doctor-Who-Introducing-Matt-Smith-the-26-year-old-Time-Lord.html

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, June 27, 2009 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I've also learned that the 5 part miniseries, "Torchwood: Children of Earth (2009), that is supposed to air in July on BBC America is apparently coming out on DVD immediately after it airs...on July 28!

http://www.amazon.com/Torchwood-Children-Earth-John-Barrowman/dp/B002BVYBJW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1246155544&sr=1-1

Calamity

10-18-2001

Tuesday, June 30, 2009 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
Darn it. I didn't know "The Next Doctor" was on and don't see it on the upcoming schedule although the Easter special Kitt mentioned it set to premiere next month.