TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 11, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: Grey's Anatomy Spoilers: Archive through June 11, 2009 users admin

Neko

08-03-2001

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Well, If his reason for leaving does actually go back to Isaiahgate, I totally understand were he's coming from.

Plus, he hasn't been given much this year (like Katherine Heigl last year), and as an actor that's a BIG thing, and instead of making a big scene about it (like she did) he's quietly taking his leave.
Seems mature to me.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I like George and I will miss him. Best was when his dad dies he played it brilliantly.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I don't think he's gotten too big for his britches and it didn't sound that way in the article to me either. i think he is tired of having a nothing role.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Perhaps he has a nothing role because he indicated he wanted to get out? I guess we will never know for sure.

Crzndeb

07-26-2004

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Crzndeb a private message Print Post    
Is he still getting a paycheck for his nothing role? I'm sure there is a long list of unemployed actors that would be happy to fill his shoes. But, maybe he already has something else in the works.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The downfall of the role came soon after the Callie/George/Issie story, which was hated by so many. After that they didn't seem to know what to do with him and pretty much just emasculated the character. This year they've hardly shown George, so I'm not surprised TR's unhappy with his role - he doesn't have much of one any more.

Gossip also has it that Patrick Dempsey is becoming a bit demanding...

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought he spent most of his time B4 GA in the NY theater. He'll probably go back.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
i was reading something that he (because of Heigel) wants to start going into the big screen.

guess we'll wait and see...

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 3:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
The "news" story I read said he wanted out because of his lack of a story line. It didn't mention anything about the Isaiah problems or with wanting to go into movies.

We've even mentioned here that they haven't showed George much at all this year. He may be getting paid, but an actor wants to act.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Thursday, December 11, 2008 - 5:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
well i just read it somewhere...can't remember where...but that's what i have read...

Sassynegal

01-21-2005

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sassynegal a private message Print Post    
Dennie/izzie story line spoiler

Link

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
<Possible spoiler follows ....>

Bye, George! Is ‘Grey’s’ killing off T.R. Knight?

Whatever cliff-hanger “Grey's Anatomy” has in store in its May 14 season finale, it'll probably pale in comparison to the one T.R. Knight is experiencing in real life.

Last fall, the actor — frustrated by his lack of airtime — asked to be released from his multiyear “Grey's” contract. Now, as I first reported in Ask Ausiello, his wish may be granted by an upcoming story line that finds (MAJOR SPOILER ALERT) George marching off to war as an Army medic. Just as the season wraps up, George gets injured in the line of duty, leaving his fate up in the air for viewers — and even Knight himself.

"T.R. doesn’t know whether George lives or dies," explains a source close to the show. "And, as a result, he doesn't know whether or not he has to come back next season."

Legally speaking, “Grey's” creator Shonda Rhimes has until mid-June to decide whether to drop Knight — and all indications are she will use every last second of that time. Some are suggesting she may be forcing Knight to sweat it out as payback for wanting to jump ship. (The two have had a strained relationship since the Isaiah Washington blowup in 2006.) While Knight's rep and Rhimes both declined to comment, a “Grey's” insider scoffs at such a notion. "At the end of the day, Shonda is going to do what's best for the show," maintains the source. "Everything else is just idle gossip."

What do you think is best for the show at this point: Cutting Knight loose via a season-ending tragedy, or forcing him to return next season for an indeterminate period of time (thus dragging out this off screen soap opera even longer)?

Link

<added spoiler line>

Neko

08-03-2001

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, that's not really surprising since it's well known if you keep an eye on the internet that T.R hasn't exactly been happy with Grey's for a while.
And even if you only just watched the show, I'm sure most people have noticed the obviously lack of George in most episodes.

While George going as an army medic makes sense since he tries to be really helpful and always wants to prove himself, I can't see him picking it as a new area to go into.
Especially since we have Dr. McArmy there showing the obvious BAD SIDE of going off to war as a medic and I'm also assuming George'll find out about McArmy choking out Cristina if he hasn't already.

Either way, I'm looking forward to how it'll play out. Grey's has gotten better again (finally) and I look forward to watching it!

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Who added "possible spoiler follows" to my post? This IS the spoiler thread!

Neko

08-03-2001

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
You need to have a spoiler line in the post so people can't see in it the "New Message" feature, which they would have seen without that added in.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
That's not in all posts here with spoilers.

Neko

08-03-2001

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Well most don't say right in the first two words "Bye George" either LOL

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes that is exactly the reason. The first few words of a post show up in New Message Searches so we like to add something non-spoilerish to the first sentence so that people using New Message Search aren't spoiled if they don't want to be.

No need to shout by the way. :-)

Neko

08-03-2001

Thursday, May 28, 2009 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
So not really a spoiler in my eyes, but I know some people want to be kept completely in the dark when it comes to TV shows so here it is..

quote:

T.R KNIGHT: A GREY'S ANATOMY GONER

"Dr. George O'Malley is dead.

Multiple sources tell me that T.R. Knight will not be returning to Grey's Anatomy next season.

Knight's departure shouldn't come as too much of a shock...

Not only was George flatlining at the end of the season finale earlier this month, but the 36-year-old actor has reportedly wanted off the hit ABC series for quite some time.

I'm told that tension between Knight and show creator Shonda Rhimes has become unbearable for both.

Knight, an original member of the Grey's cast, was said to have become increasingly frustrated by his character's lack of storyline and camera face time. In December, he asked to be let out of his contract.

Insiders tell me Knight has made no secret that he wants off the show. No word on any future projects for Knight, but at least now he's free to pursue other things.

Reps for Knight and ABC declined to comment.

Knight's best buddy Katherine Heigl is supposedly still waiting to learn her fate with Seattle Grace. As I was the first to report last July, Rhimes began contemplating an early death for Dr. Isobel "Izzie" Stevens after Heigl took herself out of the running for last year's Emmys because, she complained, the writers failed to give her good enough material to work with.

Like George, Izzie was also flatlining at the end of the season finale.

Funny enough, Entertainment Weekly recently reported that Heigl will submit her name for Emmy consideration this year for her work as cancer-stricken Izzie."

Neko

08-03-2001

Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Rumourville/Speculation.

Due to ABC's commercial in which Charlie from LOST (Dominic Monaghan) replies to McDreamy's threat of "You're so dead" with "Well I was."
and the response of ABC that Dominic was not returning to LOST but joining a already renewed ABC show, people are theorizing that he'll be moving to Greys.

Since we've supposedly just lost T.R Knight, looks like they've already gotten his replacement.

I only hope they're not going to try to have Dominic be O'Malley cause there's no way he can pull off a believable American accent for me. LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Neko, he might amaze you with the American accept.. so many actors/actresses do such a great job.. Rachel Griffiths for one

But I don't see him being George and I don't see them putting a new actor into an old character.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
They've just said that Dominic is coming into a drama on ABC and they want it to be a big surprise. I'm thinking him being George would be a very big surprise.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't know if Neko meant Dominic would be George, just that they've lost a male lead character so they need another one to take his place. Physically they're similar though. (If the replace the actor in the George role personally I'm not sure I could take the show seriously ever again!)

Neko

08-03-2001

Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 2:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Kitt, at the end I was saying I hope they don'ty do that cause I just can't take Dom as an American seriously. Too many movies and shows with his real accent that American would just come off WAY too fake, which is why I'm hoping they won't have him as O'Malley-with-a-new-face.

Plus he'll always be a Hobbit to me :P

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, June 11, 2009 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
The rumor mill is saying he will be George but who knows. I can't see it but what other show would be such a big surprise for him to be on?