TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 09, 2009 users admin

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, March 20, 2009 - 11:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I can kind of see what you mean..... cuz he sees details in the murders that she does not. That is a one time setting up the show thing.

So far seems to be turning into a more Bones kind of thing. One cop, one not cop who knows things....

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
This last episode was kind of cool because you could see the sociopathic nature of the guilty kid when he first spoke. That kid is good actor.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting this is on!

Necie

09-07-2006

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Necie a private message Print Post    
I have it recorded but haven't watched it yet.

Tess

04-13-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tess a private message Print Post    
This is honestly one of the best new shows to come along in ages. At least that's the opinion in our humble abode. We love it!

That kid really was a good actor.

As an weird side note, it bugged me a lot that the girls didn't look like teenagers at all to me so I looked them up. Sure enough they were both in their 20s, one more so than the other. The boys were all younger and easily passed for teenagers.

I kind of laughed and cried when Castle's daughter was so distraught over not paying for the subway that one time, then paid twice the next time without riding at all, then grounding herself. I think I love Castle's daughter as much as I love him.

The mother would drive me batty!

Ladytex

09-27-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladytex a private message Print Post    
I love this show. Adore the daddy/daughter relationship and the mother just cracks me up (cuz I don't have to live with her, lol)

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
it bugged me a lot that the girls didn't look like teenagers at all to me so I looked them up. Sure enough they were both in their 20s, one more so than the other.

Tess, do you watch Friday Night Lights? Those "kids" aren't teenagers either. They're 20somethings of various ages.

Tess

04-13-2001

Tuesday, March 24, 2009 - 10:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tess a private message Print Post    
Nope, Color, I have never seen Friday Night Lights though I've heard it is quite good.

Last night I just took a good look at the oriental girl and she looked so much older than she should have. She's 26, I think. The other girl was younger.

Lady, I love the daddy/daughter relationship, too. I wish the daddy/daughter relationship at my house was that sweet! They adore each other but need a demilitarized zone between them and I'm the zone!

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
Last night I just took a good look at the oriental girl and she looked so much older than she should have. She's 26, I think.

She was 'Samurai Girl' from last summer. Definitely not a high-school girl.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Monday, March 30, 2009 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
This last episode, shown fourth, was actually the 2nd episode filmed and should have been the 2nd episode shown. I don't know why they'd show it out of order. It was another strong episode, though. Beckett showing up in that dress at Castle's reading was too cool. Stana Katic is a very stunning woman.

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 5:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I loved the show last night! and that part at the end when Beckett showed up in the dress was a hoot!

yes, she sure is stunning!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...have you all seen teenage girls these days? Some of them definitely do not look like what we think of as teenagers. When did girls start coming with those toned bodies and perfect boobs, not to mention the fact that they start going to the tanning bed at an incredibly early age? I fear for my sanity as Shelby gets into the teen years.

Texannie

07-16-2001

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 5:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
sure it may be a little predictable, but i love the characters and acting!

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Same here, Texannie. I love Nathan Fillion and Becket. It's a fun show to watch. I also agree that it's sort of predictable as I am usually able to pinpoint the killer pretty early on. But, I don't care because it's a fun show.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 02, 2009 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Nathan Fillion MAKES that show. When he is on the screen, you have to watch him more than the other characters.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Monday, April 06, 2009 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I love this show, very funny and sophisticated, like Nick and Nora, or Lord Peter Wimsey and Harriet Vane.
I wish we could see more of the poker games with all the real-life writers sitting around discussing plots.

Lycanthrope

09-19-2002

Sunday, April 12, 2009 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lycanthrope a private message Print Post    
There were rumors that more authors would make appearances, but they must have been either wrong or overblown.

I like the backstory we got on Beckett this last episode.

Shel

07-27-2005

Monday, April 13, 2009 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shel a private message Print Post    
Maybe we will get a whole episode with the authors - probably not, but we can hope.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I've watched the first four episodes online (can't seem to catch it or remember to record it home). I'm LOVING it! Castle is extremely appealing and so is Beckett. They're good looking, smart, and charming - each in their own unique way.

I did have a continuity error to question though: in "A Chill Goes Through Her Veins" Beckett's murder/timeline board shows a picture at the top of the murdered mom, shot dad and their kids. The kids in the picture, though, look to be around the same age they are in the scenes we saw at the grandparents. If the mother has been dead five years, those kids would have been MUCH younger...the one in preschool or younger. Continuity errors or slips really mess me up.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, April 16, 2009 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Here's something of interest for Nathan Fillion fans, or someone who has some excess money to blow.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120401040251

Tabbyking

03-11-2002

Friday, May 08, 2009 - 3:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tabbyking a private message Print Post    
I sure hope this doesn't get canceled. I know it was on Already Been Canceled's (ABC) maybe list a while back.
I didn't watch Moonlighting because I can't stand Cybil Shepherd, but I have heard the chemistry is very similar here.
This is definitely THE BEST show on at this time and you can catch old epi's online. Nathan Fillion's smirk is killer. Very sexy actor.

And when he's always told to "stay in the car" when they go to get their perp, it's hysterical what he comes up with. When all the cops put on their outer bulletproof vests with "POLICE" written in large white letters and Castle opens a paper bag and takes out a brand new vest he has purchased and it says, "WRITER" I literally spit my wine out. Or when Beckett says, "Beckett, NYPD" when she gets to an apartment to interview someone and Castle says "Castle, just N.Y."
His mother is played by Susan Sullivan (Greg's mom on Dharma and Greg) and she's a has-been part-time off-off broadway actress with drink in hand...and a major eye for any male.
This is one show I am keeping DVR'd (except for the first one that I only got to see online). If this show goes, at least I can rewatch what I do have
I'm still upset about Maximum Bob and The Brotherhood of Poland, New Hampshire coming and going in only a handful of episodes.

If you have only one show to add to your busy tv watching schedule THIS IS IT!!

Tvwatcher

04-17-2004

Friday, May 08, 2009 - 5:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tvwatcher a private message Print Post    
I agree with all you said - I love this show too! Nathan is a cutie!

I hope it gets renewed!

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Friday, May 08, 2009 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Another headline Monday: Detective drama Castle (10 million, 2.8), which rose for the third week in a row to hit its best number since mid-March.

Castle rose a sharp 40% this week, benefiting from a direct lead-in from Dancing rather than having to wait for Surviving Suburbia to drive away all the viewers. This is the third consecutive week of growth for the freshman detective drama. Even considering the obvious help of the large Dancing lead in, if Castle holds a similar number next week, chances of a second season slide from uncertain to probable.

http://www.thrfeed.com/2009/05/melissas-return-boosts-dancing-with-the-stars.html

Tess

04-13-2001

Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 4:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tess a private message Print Post    
This is by far our favorite new show in ages. I love everything about it. Castle makes me laugh and melt simultaineously. The mom is a hoot, the daughter a breath of fresh air and the chemistry between Castle and Kate is palpable. Love it, love it, love it!!

Btw, so does my DH though he doesn't look at Castle with quite the dreamy look that I do.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 09, 2009 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Good! I love this show. The cast is great, the writing is clever and it always makes me laugh. Enjoyable light-hearted fun (even though it’s usually about a murder). I really enjoy this show. Hope it builds an audience.