TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 15, 2009

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Grey's Anatomy: General Discussions: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 15, 2009 users admin

Watching2

07-07-2001

Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
I did NOT see that coming with George. If they're both gone next year, I'm going to really miss them. They didn't give George enough story-line and it was obvious he was going to leave, but I didn't expect it in that way! I was screaming in my head, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
Katherine has another movie coming out so I guess she's got a foot in the door doing that, but it hasn't always been a successful move for many actors taking the leap from TV to movies. I still don't want her to die, but her death wouldn't be as big of a surprise as that being George all messed up after being a "hero."

Boberg

10-04-2002

Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Boberg a private message Print Post    
I believe it is Double O Seven....007, as in James Bond...secret agent...OMalley was called the agent of death I believe cause he had so many pts die as a young resident.

I also did not see that coming with George....great show tonight!

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
In season 1, George got to do an appendix surgery with Burke. He almost killed the patient, so he's 007...licensed to kill.

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
In March, at the taping of the 100th episode, Katherine Heigl said she wanted to stay on Grey's.

Colordeagua

10-25-2003

Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I think she said she wanted to stay after saying she wanted to leave. I don't think it's up to her. Looks like the storyline was left open. Probably TPTB will make a decision during the summer.

Hypermom

08-13-2001

Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hypermom a private message Print Post    
Yes, the decision will be made in June, from what I've read.

Cathie

08-16-2000

Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I'll miss her if she leaves but I'm REALLY going to miss Denny... :-)

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Thursday, May 14, 2009 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Oh my

Alliet

07-11-2005

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 12:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
The 007 reference goes back to season 1 when George got that nickname when he was the first intern in an ER and he caused the death of the patient.

Neko

08-03-2001

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 3:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Neko a private message Print Post    
Hypermom's explanation is correct. He didn't kill a patient, he was the first to get a solo surgery, an appendectomy, and choked at the end of it after he ripped the "purse strings."

He didn't kill the patient and he re-deemed himself later by saving a heart patient's life while stuck in an elevator with Karev.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think Izzy will die. Alex will be tortured for awhile etc..

George will live, but he will not look the same (new actor) cause of his face will have to be reconstructed.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
I balled like a baby.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that George and Izzy have never looked better than in that scene where the elevator opened and George and Izzy saw one another.

And I also think (hope) that Izzy will live of the two of them - George was already off the elevator (Heaven?) whereas Izzy still had to make the decision whether to step off or stay on the elevator.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
Or - Izzy had made her decision to go and was already on the elevator and George had to make his decision to step on the elevator or go back to his body and live.

Gurliegirl

06-20-2006

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gurliegirl a private message Print Post    
I think of the two scenarios, Roxip is right. Wasn't the last thing we heard that TR was really leaving and that Katherine's fate was still up in the air? IMO, George is already in heaven and we'll learn which direction Izzy goes in the first ep next year.

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 8:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
very great season finale. i loved the whole underlying theme - never take anyone or life for granted.

i absolutely love this show...everytime i think it gets crappy at some point, the writers turn it around and amaze me.

i think roxip is right...i think she has to decide whether she wants to get off or not; watch next season will start with her going down the elevator more and it opening to alex (like it did before) and she'll have to decide and if she steps out it'll pan to chief, bailey, and yang all working on her to get her heart started and then pan over to alex still crying and saying "iz please don't die" and then you'll start to hear the heartbeat of her.

i mean...if she decides to stay....i bet that's how it goes.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
I think that George will live but he won't be played by TR, cause George's face was pretty much ripped off by a bus, so in comes McSteamy does a major reconstruct and tada.. new George (new actor).

Izzy will die, KH has wanted to leave for some time. However all the sudden she says she will stay if she can. I think she was paid to say that so nobody will know where the story line is going.

Of course - its not like I have inside information or anything.. I kinda watch all shows like I watch LOST now, looking for the most unlikely scenario and running with it. :-)

Heyltslori

09-15-2001

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heyltslori a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed the finale for the most part. It was great seeing Matt from Friday Night Lights, and he did a good job, although I had a hard time believing anyone would actually want their leg cut off.

One thing that sorta annoyed me is that they had George in an army uniform. It would have affected me more seeing him in his scrubs. We've never even seen army George, ya know?

LOVED seeing Denny on the beach. My idea of paradise! lol

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
What if all the reports of TR and Kathrine wanting to leave the show were just hype to leave us hanging after this finale? I can dream can't I?

I think someone will die and we will open the next season at a funeral and they will show us flashbacks to let us know what happened to George and Izzie. The funeral could be someone else. I can dream can't I?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I just don't think we will be seeing George anymore, new face or not. I don't think there is any point - his storyline was already pretty much nonexistent and wouldn't him returning negate his act of selflessness and heroism? Just my opinion, but to me that role has no further place to go. It is easy enough to bring in new actors in new roles if they want to cast somebody new. Not to say that I haven't loved George O'Malley and the actor.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I agree, there's no role to resurrect, they essentially killed the character a year ago.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I dont think we will see George nxt season either Roxip.His role this season has been so miniscule that him being gone seems a done deal.

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
The writer said in an interview today that people should not be asking "who will die" but what happens to the characters?

Weird

Beckie03

07-05-2007

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beckie03 a private message Print Post    
has anyone thought that when the elevator opened up to George in the suit that maybe the writers were hinting at the fact that George made it to Iraq but was killed over there? and maybe Izzie was already dead in the elevator greeting him...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, May 15, 2009 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
No. That thought hasn't crossed my mind at all...LOL!

I don't think that Grey's would go there. But again, that's just my thoughts on the matter.