TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Castle

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: TV Shows: Castle users admin

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
ARCHIVESMuffin925 38 02-12-15  12:00 am
Archive through April 23, 2015Dipo25 04-23-15  6:52 pm
Archive through September 21, 2015Dipo25 09-21-15  7:42 pm
Archive through October 02, 2015Roblover25 10-02-15  8:04 pm
Archive through November 26, 2015Dipo25 11-26-15  12:13 pm
Archive through April 06, 2016Dogdoc25 04-06-16  6:54 am
Archive through April 29, 2016Dogdoc25 04-29-16  1:41 pm
Archive through May 18, 2016Mack25 05-18-16  6:06 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I read that they had filmed an alternate ending just in case they didn't get renewed. Wonder if we will ever get to see the show that was actually meant to air if they were renewed.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
From what I read, the only different thing was the add on "seven years later" bit, the rest of the show was how it would have been, with a big cliffhanger on whether they survived... or not so much of a cliffhanger as they announced Stanna Kannic (sp?) was leaving the show, so pretty good odds that Beckett died.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I think they should have left the ending alone and not tagged the six years later part. It was so unrealistic for what we know of these two....I could NOT wrap my head around that family scenario for them! They could have come up with an ending that completed their characters and lifestyle better. Blech. Disappointed in that and in the fact that I won't see Castle anymore on Monday nights...he was a delight!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, May 19, 2016 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I would think the alternate ending was the addition of the 7 years later family scene.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, June 01, 2016 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well that was anti-climactic. I have to admit I found the whole Loksat thing boring and got to the point I really didn't remember what that was about. I would have been happy to see
Castle and the rest carry on without Beckett.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I rarely enjoy the season opening and season ending episodes as much as the "regular" mid-season episodes for any of these TV series (Castle, The Mentalist, Bones, etc.). They always try to do something special to build fan interest and it always backfires for me.

Roblover

05-17-2011

Thursday, June 02, 2016 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roblover a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I also heard that there was an alternate ending and even the ending they used was edited. The 7 years later unedited version showed them traveling the world, ending up with a house in the Hamptons and that those little children were actually Castle's daughter's children. That makes more sense to me because I could see them having one child but think they are a little old to have two or three. I was very disappointed with the ending of a series that I enjoyed most of the time.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Why wouldn't they have gone with that ending?!?!? It sounds much better.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
That sounds like a much better ending!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Roblover, the kids being grand kids makes more sense.

Beckett didn't seem like a 'kid person' to me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I seemed to recall that they had discussed having children in a few years...I could be wrong however.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, June 03, 2016 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Does anyone remember the show with the cool psychic prediction that they would have kids and Beckett would become a famous Senator or something like that? They left it pretty open whether the guy could truly predict the future but it was a fun show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 08, 2016 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Finally watched the finale. It was a pretty good show, and it was nice to have a "happy ending", but it sort of didn't make any sense, LOL.

How did they live, who was that guy who came to shoot them and why wasn't he scooped up with all the other "bad" guys, and since it was only 7 years later, those kids were too old to be their kids or Alexis's kids.

Alexis wasn't even in a relationship, so she would have had to get married, or not, and pop out kids quickly for them to be those different ages.

Unless Rick and Beckett adopted, those kids looked like ages 5-10 to me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 10, 2016 - 2:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahaha...routines have changed.

Nathan Fillion ‏@NathanFillion · 3h3 hours ago

When you realize you left the house wearing slippers instead of shoes. https://www.instagram.com/p/BGfCF6awkjD/

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: